One of the easiest legal identity documents to get in the Philippines is the Cedula. It is a very important document to have. Are you looking for a job or starting a business? This document is a requirement for you. Do you know how to get Cedula?
Cedula is also known as a Community Tax Certificate (CTC). It is a document issued to individuals or corporations upon payment of community tax. It is also essential when registering for a new business, applying for a job, or filing income tax returns. This guide will help you know how to get Cedula.
Who is eligible for Cedula?
The following people qualify for Cedula, Philippines:
- A Philippine inhabitant who is 18 years or older. He/she has also been employed on salary for at least 30 consecutive working days during any calendar year.
- A Philippine inhabitant who is engaged in a business or occupation.
- A Philippine inhabitant who owns real property with a collective assessed value of Php 1000 or more.
- A Philippine inhabitant who is required by law to file income tax returns.
When applying for the certificate, the following are the Cedula requirements:
- A valid ID.
- An application slip obtained and filled at your municipal hall, barangay hall, or city hall.
- Proof of income for employed individuals and business owners.
How to get Cedula
Applying for CTC will take you approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete, excluding waiting time. After processing, you will be given the certificate. It contains a unique Cedula number that you can use as a valid identification card. Here is a step by step guide on the process:
- Visit the municipal hall, city hall, or barangay hall within your area of residence.
- Present your valid ID for checking.
- Fill out the application slip that will require you to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Civil status
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Place of birth
- Gross annual income (for employed)
5. Submit the form for checking and computation.
6. Pay the applicable fees.
7. The officer will then issue you with three copies of the CTC.
8. Sign and affix your thumbprint on the copies.
9. You will then get the original copy of the Cedula from the officer.
How much is Cedula?
The fees you pay depends on whether you are employed, a business owner, or unemployed. Cedula computation is as follows:
- Minimum basic community tax of Php5
- Additional tax of Php 1 for every Php 1000 of gross earnings acquired during the previous year.
- For real property, a tax of Php 1 for each Php 1000 of the total assessed value.
- The minimum basic community tax is P 500
- Additional tax of Php 2 for every Php 5000 of gross income during the previous year.
- Additional tax of Php 2 for every Php 5000 of the total assessed value.
Cedula expiration is usually after one year from the date of issue. For example, if you get your CTC on 1st March 2020, it will expire on 28th February 2021. Below is a Cedula sample.
How to get Cedula online
Some cities provide online applications for Cedula, meaning you can apply for it in the comfort of your home. Cebu City and San Fernando, La Union government, launched an online platform for CTC registration. The step by step guide is as follows:
- Click on “Online web-services” on the website.
- Select the “BPnCedula Online” tab.
- Fill out the application form that appears and print it.
- Prepare your valid ID and the printed application form.
- Present the two documents at the city hall.
- Pay the applicable fees.
- Sign and affix your thumbprint on the copies the officer gives you.
- Get your certificate from the issuing officer.
How to get Cedula without valid ID
One of the requirements for application is a valid ID. It is, therefore, not possible to get the document without one. Some of the valid IDs accepted include the UMID card, the Philippine passport, TIN card, and driver’s license, among others. If you do not any, consider acquiring one before applying for CTC
How to get Cedula for students
It is possible for students to get CTC. However, the student needs to be a Philippine inhabitant who is 18 years and above. Any student who wants to get the Community Tax Certificate is required to bring the following.
- School ID.
- Recent study load from school (in case the school ID is not available).
The student will then present these documents to the municipal hall or barangay hall. They will then pay the necessary fees, and the certificate will be issued.
How to get Cedula for business
In case you want to start a business, you will also need to have a CTC. The process of getting it is the same as when applying for an individual certificate. However, there are some things you need to note. You need to:
- Apply for it in the city you are opening the business.
- Provide proof of income.
How to get Cedula for other person
The application process of the document requires some bio-metrics, such as the thumbprint of the applicant and the signature. It is, therefore, not possible to get it for another person because of those requirements. However, you can register for someone else using the online platform.
You will be required to fill in their details on the application form. Print the form and then get the applicant to submit the documents themselves for the bio-metrics. You can also advice them to visit any barangay hall near them to get it. This is in case they are not available in their City of residence.
READ ALSO: How to get TIN ID: step-be-step guide
Cedula is a must-have document for every Filipino who is 18 years and above. It is important to have since it is proof that you are paying your community tax. It can also be used as a valid ID. We, therefore, hope that we have answered all the questions you had on how to get Cedula.