Most people in the Philippines are members of the Social Security System, which acts like an insurance company for Filipino employees. If you are a member of this scheme, you need an ID that helps you access your benefits. If you do not have one, you need to understand all the SSS ID requirements before applying.
Your SSS ID number helps you access your benefits, which are numerous and far-reaching. They include maternity, retirement, sickness, and disability benefits. A death and a funeral grant are also part of the benefits enjoyed by members. This is why everyone, employed or not, is encouraged to join this insurance scheme.
The SSS ID requirements
What are the requirements to get SSS ID? Before applying for this ID, you need to prepare all the required documents. They include:
- At least one monthly contribution to the scheme
- An accurately filled E-6 form
- A primary ID
Your passport, Seaman's book, and a professional regulation commission ID are the accepted primary IDs. If you do not have either of these, you can present any two secondary IDs from this list below during your application, together with a recent photo.
- Voters ID
- Drivers license
- Postal ID
- School ID for students
- Company ID for employees
- Senior citizen ID
- Taxpayer identification number (TIN) ID
- Passbook of savings account
How to get your SSS ID for the first time
Despite the existence of an online registration system for this ID, many Philippine nationals still prefer visiting Social Security System offices to apply for their IDs. If you are one of them, you will follow these steps to get your digitized SSS ID.
- Fill out a personal record form, also known as an E-1 form. You can easily find it through official SSS resources alongside its requirements.
- Submit the E-1 form to a Social Security System office together with photocopies and certified copies of a primary ID or two secondary ones.
- Get clearance for your ID. This clearance document shows that you are waiting for your ID photo to be captured.
How to get SSS ID online
Can you apply for SSS ID online? Yes, the online application process for this identification document is uncomplicated and involves these steps:
- Visit the official SSS website and open the registration tab.
- Fill in the required details on the online form accurately and submit.
- A link will be sent to your email once you have filled out the form. Click on the link and fill in every detail on the next form.
- Once complete, click the "Generate SS Number" button to view your SS number. A personal record form, a confirmation statement, and a number slip will be sent to your email.
- Check your email for your account activation link and the required supporting documents for your SSS number.
- Print the documents received in your email.
- Visit your chosen Social Security System branch and present these documents alongside a primary ID to get your card.
How to replace lost SSS ID
When replacing your lost card, you will need to have the following:
- A filled E-6 form
- An affidavit of loss
- A valid primary ID or two secondary IDs
- A filled R-6 form
- A cash fee of 300 PHP
Follow these steps to replace your ID:
- Download, fill and print out the E-6 form.
- Go to a Social Security System branch and present your documents at the right counter. Fill out the R-6 form that you will receive at this window in four copies and proceed to the payments desk.
- Return to the previous counter and present the R-6 form once you have paid.
- Have your picture, fingerprints, and signature taken in the ID capture room.
- Ensure you leave with an acknowledgement slip informing you when the new ID will be delivered to your preferred address.
How can I get my SSS online registration user ID and password?
If you have forgotten your user ID or password, you can retrieve it through your email or a security question you filled out while registering.
If you are not yet a member, you can easily register an account by visiting the SSS online registration page. For online registration, you must have an SSS number, and at least one posted SSS contribution.
After registering, you can access various online services, such as checking and updating your SSS membership information, verifying your SSS contributions, generating your payment reference number, and more.
Where to get SSS UMID ID
The application process, as stipulated, is completed at your chosen Social Security System branch. The ID will be mailed to your home address when it is ready. Therefore, you must write this address correctly. You can request for SSS ID sample in the SSS branch to have a picture of what yours will look like.
How many days does it take to get an SSS ID?
It takes approximately 30 days for you to receive this identification document after you have applied for it. The officer serving you will mention when you will receive yours.
How much is SSS ID?
There is no requirement for an SSS ID payment as long as you have fulfilled the obligation of a one-month premium contribution.
What is the preferred user ID in SSS?
This is the username by which you will be identified in the Social Security System network. It is a requirement for any member to register their information on the SSS website.
The preferred user ID in this network must be between eight and 20 characters long. Its first character must also be alphabetic and must not include special characters other than an underscore.
What is employer ID in SSS?
It is a form of identification by which employers that submit their employees' contributions to the Social Security System or engage in any other SSS transactions are identified.
Getting a Social Security System identification card is an easy process. If you have not applied for one yet, it is time to take a shot at it, as long as you have all the SSS ID requirements.
Kami.com.ph recently shared a guide on how to get TIN ID in 2023. A Tax Identification Number is an important document that every Filipino taxpayer should aim for.
It acts as proof of membership in the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and as a legal identification document. Everyone must learn how to obtain TIN ID now that it is a mandatory requirement for government-related transactions.