Tax Identification Number is an important document that every taxpayer should strive to possess. The document does not only serve as proof of membership of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) but also as a valid ID. Now that it is a crucial requirement for any government-related transactions, everyone has no choice but to learn how to get TIN ID.
Every day the Bureau of Internal Revenue receives numerous applications for the TIN IDs. However, before heading to any BIR branch across the country, an applicant would want to know a summary of the process involved. Well, there are a few things you must keep in mind when applying for this document. Nonetheless, the steps are simple and easy.
How to get TIN ID Philippines
A TIN ID or sometimes referred to as TIN card is an identification card that has the holders TIN, full name, address, passport-size photo, signature, date of birth, and date of issue. The BIR issues the card for free, and it does not expire. Whether you are employed, self-employed or unemployed, every patriotic citizen of the Philippines who is tax compliant can get Tax Identification Number.
What is the requirements for TIN ID?
During the application, the Bureau of Internal Revenue demands different sets of requirements depending on the working status of the applicant. Based on the BIR official website, below are the requirements for the application documents for employees.
- BIR Form 1902
- Identification documents such as a birth certificate, passport, LTO driver’s license, or community tax certificate.
- Marriage contract for married women
- Passport for foreigners
With the above documents, duly follow the steps below.
- Visit the nearest BIR branch to obtain BIR Form 1902. This form is used by applicants who are earning income and non-resident citizens.
- Accurately fill the form on personal information and allow your employer also to fill his part.
- Submit the filled BIR Form 1902 together with the requirements mentioned above to the Revenue District Office. The RDO must have jurisdiction over the area where your employer's office is located.
How to get TIN ID for unemployed
How to get TIN ID in the Philippines as unemployed is now a simple and straightforward exercise. Under Executive Order No. 98, unemployed citizens can as well apply for the Tax Identification Number.
The document is a mandatory requirement for the following government-related transactions.
- Getting a passport from the Department of Foreigner Affairs (DFA)
- Driving license from the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
Executive Order No. 98 prompted the BIR to allow persons who are required to provide TIN in their transaction with the government to secure the document.
Requirements for TIN for the unemployed are as follows.
- BIR Form 1904
- Identification documents such as birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Marriage certificate for married women
- Passport for foreigners
The application process is simple and easy. Follow the steps below.
- Get the BIR Form 1904 from the closest BIR branch.
- Duly fill the form and make a copy for your file
- Attach a copy of your identification document such as a birth certificate
- Submit duly filled BIR 1904 Form together with the above requirements to the RDO with the jurisdiction over your place of residence.
- Inquire when you can receive the TIN ID and wait for the issuance.
How to get TIN ID online
With the internet, most government operations have been simplified and made easily accessible to citizens. One such service is the application of TIN ID. The process of how to get TIN ID card online is quick and convenient for the applicants.
Through the web application system tagged BIR eReg, citizens of the Philippines can get accessed to the application for the document. You can apply without making any physical appearance to BIR branch offices.
Who can apply for Tax Identification Number online? Find out below.
- Self-employed people
- Mixed-income earners
- Unemployed persons under Executive Order No. 98
If you are self-employed, the steps below are necessary on how to get TIN ID online.
- Visit the BIR eReg website either using your computer or phone
- Carefully fill the online form and submit
- Wait for the confirmation message from BIR
Even though it is the most straightforward and convenient, the system is currently down and inaccessible at the moment. Therefore, the available avenue left is through the ones mentioned earlier.
How to get TIN ID with existing TIN number
Do you know how to get TIN ID if you already have TIN number? Well, all you need to do is go directly to the Revenue District Office where you are registered and make the application for the card. To be issued with the card, the applicant must present at least a valid government ID.
How to get TIN ID if lost
Did you know that whether your card is lost or damaged, you can have a replacement? Find out how to get TIN ID card when it is lost.
The following are the requirements;
- BIR Form 1905
- BIR Form 0605 (Payment form)
- Notarized Affidavit of Loss (Costs between P150 to P300)
- Marriage certificate if married
The replacement exercise will cost you a processing fee of P100.
- Visit the RDO where you received your TIN ID.
- Fill the BIR Form 1905.
- Submit the duly filled form together with the other requirement to the COR update window.
- Fill the BIR Form 0605 and submit to the payment window for verification
- Proceed to any RDO's authorized bank agent to pay the replacement fee. Upon payment, you will get issued with a receipt, and a machine validated BIR Form 0605.
- Submit the receipt and machine validate BIR Form 0605 to the COR update window at the RDO.
- Get your TIN ID. In some instances, you can receive the document the same day.
Applying for a replacement can take you at least two hours.
The procedure of how to get TIN ID is one that is simple and can be done by anyone who wants to have it. Whether employed, self-employed or unemployed, having the card is of importance for any government-related transactions. Depending on your employment status, the step of securing the document may vary. Nonetheless, they are all straightforward and convenient.