How to cancel passport appointment: Explaining in details
Nowadays, everything is digital, including the procurement of official certificates and documents. Applicants can now apply for any documentation online, such as PRC ID, NBI clearance form, and so forth. Similarly, you can apply for your passport online and obtain an appointment date for further verification. However, sometimes you might not be able to show up on the set day. Do you know how to cancel passport appointment?
We all have different reasons as to why we might want to cancel the DFA appointment we scheduled. Below is everything you need to know on how to cancel passport appointment Philippines and much more.
How to cancel passport appointment online
To revoke your passport verification date, you do not need any specialized or technical expertise. The process is quite straightforward and effortless; hence you can do it by yourself without necessarily having to walk into any DFA office for rescheduling. All you need to do is going back to the DFA website. Once there, tap the cancel button.
Requirements for DFA passport appointment cancellation
You will need the following:
- DFA appointment code: When you made payments, there is a particular reference you received via the email. Retrieve your old emails to obtain it:
- A desktop, laptop or a tablet: You can use a mobile phone at your convenience
- Internet connection
- Basic computer skills
- A browser
READ ALSO: How to get tin number for unemployed: Explaining in details
Procedure on how to cancel passport online appointment
- Connect to the web: You can use public Wi-Fis, Bluetooth tethering, create a hotspot from your mobile gadget or, if using a tablet, open your data.
- Open your favourite browser: On a PC double-tap on its icon. On a tablet, launch the app list, scroll up and down or left to right until you see the application. Finally, tap on its logo.
- Navigate to your email provider: Login to your account by providing the correct credentials.
- Retrieve your appointment code: Go to your inbox, scroll down until you see the email DFA sent to you after making payments. Open it and copy the specific figure.
- Go to the DFA portal: Type in the DFA address on your browser search tab.
- Provide your credentials: Once the page is fully loaded, paste the code into the “Appointment Code” text box. To do so, press the “Ctrl” key and “V” at the same time. Finally, enter the email you retrieved the reference number.
- Prove you are human: Complete the captcha challenge to verify that you are not a robot. Once complete, it should display a green verification tick:
- Click on “View Details”: The button is directly below the Google reCAPTCHA challenge. Once you have confirmed that you are not a robot, you will see the details on verification schedule which includes; appointment code, time and date and name.
9. Initiate cancellation: From the window, you will be able to see the following four buttons: “Cancel Appointment,” “Reschedule,” “Download Form,” as well as “Payment.” Now we are only interested in cancelling, so ignore all the other buttons and tap “Cancel Appointment.”
10. Successful process: If the exercise was a success, then you should see the subsequent page in the next window.
Please note that on cancelling your meeting date, you forfeit all the payments you had done. Hence, when setting a new verification day, you will have to pay again.
We highly recommend rescheduling it to a new date and time instead of cancelling so you can save your money. To do so, click on the "Reschedule" button in step 9.
You can only postpone the day once, and this is subject to the availability of free slots. Also, you can only carry over a weekday meeting to another weekday and not a weekend.
How to cancel passport appointment without code
The procedure on how to cancel or reschedule your verification date without a code was done away with when DFA upgraded its systems. Currently, during the application, you will first receive an email with a payment reference.
It will contain instructions on how you can pay the fees and the imbursement options you have. You will then present the number to the cashier at your chosen centre.
After sorting out the bill, you will receive a second email containing your appointment code. This is the number used to reschedule or cancel your meeting date; without it, you can’t!
How to cancel passport appointment not yet paid
You cannot cancel an unpaid DFA appointment. This is impossible because cancellation requires an appointment code. The figure is only sent to you after making payments within 24 hours through your payment reference number. If you try to pay after the specified time, it will be rejected.
Once you receive the second code, go ahead and schedule a verification date. You should note that the reference no. is very different from the DFA passport appointment code.
Without paying the necessary fees, you cannot obtain an appointment code; hence you cannot schedule a meeting, let alone cancelling it.
READ ALSO: How to check pag IBIG contribution: Step-by-step guide
How to cancel passport appointment without email
This is next to impossibility. Your email is crucial in the application phase. This is where you will receive your payment reference number. On making payments, you will also get an appointment code through it.
The process of cancelling passport appointment for an individual who doesn't have an email address is close to impossible. This is because, it is crucial in logging in to the portal to check the status of the appointment schedule. Without it, you can never finish the online registration process. Hence, you will not receive a Payment Reference Number or cater for passport fees. Therefore, an appointment code, which is vital in cancellation, will not be sent to your inbox.
Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) contacts
In case you have any queries, reach out to the DFA support team via the following addresses:
- Head office physical location: 2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines
- Phone 1: (632) 8 834-4000
- Phone 2: (632) 8 834-3000
- Phone 3: 8 234 3488 - Use for passport appointment concerns only
- Phone 4: 8 651 9400 - Use for passport, authentication, and other consular inquiries
- Facebook: @dfaphl
- Twitter: @DFAPHL
The procedure on how to cancel passport appointment is that simple. You need to login to the DFA portal using your email and appointment code. You should then navigate to the cancellation tab to finish up the process.
READ ALSO: DFA passport appointment: a comprehensive quide