- Some of our local actresses are also ambassadress of different of different organizations to raise awareness about empowering women
- They are celebrities who have big hearts to reach out to people especially those who are in need
- These actresses use their fame and popularity to influence people to do charity works
Last March 8, as part of International Women's Day, Pep paid tribute to the Filipina Celebrities who are also empowering women to do goodwill to other people.
KAMI learned from Pep that these women use their popularity in a positive way by setting a good example not just to women but to all Pinoys.
1. Anne Curtis is a UNICEF celebrity advocate since 2014.
August of 2017 Anne launched the Dream Machine where people can send in their 'dreams' and find other people who can make it into a reality.
With Dream Machine, she was able help out General Roxas Elementary School in Roxas District, Quezon City to have additional classrooms.
This is with the help of UNICEF, and the PHP7.47-million donation from the participants of The Color Run Dream, an event headed by Dream Machine.
2. Angel Locsin recently made headlinesbecause of her brave comments about the Pilipinas Got Talent contestants who are girls wearing only undergarments while dancing.
The Kapamilya star said that she does not want the ladies to be 'objectified'.
She also explained that she wants to create awareness about Women's rights.
Angel is a part of women's group Gabriela for more than 10 years now.
Aside from that, she also served as one of the Philippine Red Cross Ambassadors where she participates actively in different Outreach programs of the sector and also blood donations.
3. Iza Calzado is one of the co-founders of the The Body Love Revolution which was launched early this year.
This group aims to celebrate women in all shapes, and embrace their true natural self.
Iza is also the director of the campaign.
4. Heart Evangelista has several advocacies including the responsible ownership of having a pet.
She was also helping Corridor of HOpe Foundation which is a support group of Cancer patients in St. Luke's Medical Center Global City.
She also holds classes painting classes for cancer patients.
Last March 8, Heart cooked and served food for the 500 kids of Gawad Kalinga.
The Kapuso actress also helps raise funds for the Cerebral Palsy Association of Sorsogon.
5. Kathryn Bernardo became an ambassador of Noordhoff Craniofacial Foundation (NCF), a non-profit organization which sponsors comprehensive and craniofacial treatment for less-fortnate Pinoys.
TheKapuso young actress sponsored cleft palate surgeries that enables patients to live a normal life after the operation.
Along with her love team Daniel Padilla, Kathryn is also an ambassadress Cybersmile Foundation, an international organization committed to fight cyberbullying.
6. KC Concepcion is the United Nations World Food Programme Ambassador Against Hunger since 2008.
One of her projects, KC's Closet is s partner of UN World Food Programme in providing hot meals to Filipino kids in need.
7. Marian Rivera is a Smile Train Ambassador since 2014.
Just like Kathryn, Yan promotes awareness about the free cleft lip and palate repair surgery to children provided by the organization.
This is to create awareness about depression. It can really take the lives of our loved ones.
Depression has no face | Kami Stories on KAMI Youtube channel.