If you are a fan of Pop music, then you know Jennylyn Mercado. She is a famous Filipino Pop singer and actress. How much do you know about the life of this intriguing beauty?
Jennylyn Mercado is a Filipino actress, singer, and songwriter. She became famous after winning in the reality talent competition, StarStruck. Despite having a difficult early childhood, she has beaten the odds to become a talented and celebrated singer.
Jennylyn profile summary
Name: Jennylyn Anne Vergara Pineda Mercado
Date of birth: 15th May 1987
Jennylyn Mercado age: 33 years
Zodiac sign: Taurus
Place of birth: Las Pinas City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Occupation: Actress, singer, host, product endorser, model
Years active: 1998 - present
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Jennylyn Mercado biography
Jennylyn Mercado was born on 15th May 1987 in Las Pinas City, Philippines. She was born to Jinkee Pineda, who was a beauty consultant working in a duty-free shop. She lived with her mother and stepfather until she was four years old when her aunt took her in. This happened after her stepfather was jailed for abusing her and burning her skin with cigarettes.
Jenny’s mother, however, bailed out the stepfather instead of helping her. After this, Jenny was adopted by her aunt Lydia Mercado and uncle Abner Mercado. She grew up in Paranaque, Metro Manila. She attended Augustinian Abbey in Las Pinas where she did her senior year in high school.
Jenny lived with her aunt and uncle in Manila. She has two known sisters namely: Charee Pineda and Eliza Pineda and three cousins. She also has a son named Alex Jazz Mercado with fellow actor Patrick Garcia. Jennylyn Mercado son was born on 16th August 2008.
Jenny’s attractiveness is one of the reasons why she became a model. Below are some of her body measurements:
Weight: 48kg (105lbs)
Jennylyn Mercado height: 1.63m (5’4” ft)
Waist: 63.5cm (25 inches)
Hips: 86cm (34 inches)
Bra size: 32B
Shoe size: 7.5 (US)
Dress size: 4 (US)
Jennylyn Mercado husband and dating life
When Jenny got pregnant in 2008, Patrick Garcia was announced as the father. He, however, distanced himself from the pregnancy and they later broke up. In 2010, she began dating Dennis Trillo, an actor until they broke up in 2011.
After this, she met and dated actor Luis Manzano between 2011 and 2013. She is not married, so there is no husband in the picture.
She started as a recording artist with Alpha records in 1999. She was a member of a singing group called G4. She later became a commercial model for Bambini cologne. In 2002 she acted in ABS-CBN’s TV series “Kay Tagal Kang Hinitay”.
In 2003 she joined the reality show, StarStruck. She won in the final and received an award of one million Pesos and exclusive contracts from the GMA Network. She has also starred in various TV series and movies.
She ventured into television hosting by hosting the series “Protégé: The Battle for the Big Break” and the GMA-7 Sunday talk show, “Showbiz Central”. In 2014 she participated in Metro Manila Film Festival with a film called “English Only, Please”.
She has starred in the following TV shows:
- 2005 - Encantadia
- 2006 - I Luv NY
- 2006 - Now and Forever: Dangal
- 2007 - Super Twins
- 2009 - Paano Ba Ang Mangarap?
- 2009 - SRO Cinemaserye
- 2009 - Suspetsa
- 2009 - Ikaw Sana
- 2010 - Gumapang Ka Sa Lusak
- 2015 - My Faithful Husband
Jennylyn Mercado movies
She has appeared in the following movies:
- 2004 - So Happy Together
- 2005 - Let the Love Begin
- 2013 - The Bride and the Lover
- 2015 - The Prenup
- 2016 - Just the 3 of Us
- 2017 - All of You
- 2018 - The Girl in the Orange Dress
- 2019 - 3pol Trobol: Huli Ka Balbon!
Jenny debuted as a singer in May 2016 with an album called "Living the Dream." Some of the other albums she released include:
- 2006 - Letting go
- 2010 - Love is…
- 2014 - Never Alone
- 2016 - Ultimate
She has been nominated for various awards over the years. Some of the awards she has won include:
- Most influential Film actress of the year – The 7th EdukCircle Awards for her role in the movies “Just the 3 of Us" in 2017.
- Best Drama actress – 30th PMPC Star Awards for Television for her role in the series, “My Faithful Husband" in 2017.
- Film Actress of the Year - 2016 GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards. She won for her role in the movie “Walang Forever.”
- Best actress - 41st Metro Manila Film Festival for her role in the movie, “Walang forever.” She also won the Female Celebrity of the Night award in the festival.
- Editor’s Choice: Teleserye Actress - 2nd PEP List Awards for her role in the TV show, “Rhodora X” in 2015
- Best actress - 40th Metro Manila Film Festival for her role in the film, “English Only, Please” in 2014.
She has won various music awards over the years. Some of them include:
- 2017 - Best Music Video of the Year - 30th Awit Awards for the song "Hagdan."
- 2013 - Gold Awardee - ASAP 18 24K Gold Award for the song, "Forever By Your Side."
Jennylyn Mercado Net worth
As of 2020, her net worth stands between 100,000 to 1 million US Dollars. Although it easy to predict her earnings, it is difficult to estimate her exact spending and asset worth.
Jennylyn Mercado has active social media accounts. She has a huge number of followers and fans on all of them. Her social media accounts are:
Jennylyn Mercado IG: @mercadojenny
Jennylyn Mercado is not only beautiful and talented but also hardworking and resilient. She continues to grow and take the entertainment scene to a higher level. She is loved for her work and her involvement in different support groups.