If you love watching the TV shows and series on the GMA network, then the name Heart Evangelista does not sound new to you. She is a renowned Filipina actress and TV host who has an exclusive contract under the network. Evangelista also works as a visual media artist, philanthropist, businesswoman, singer, painter, and socialite. Her real name is Love Marie Payawal Ongpauco-Escudero.
Heart came into the public limelight when she was cast to play a role in G-mik (2002). This role helped her gain popularity and exposure in the industry. Since then, she has landed lead and cameo roles in films and series such as Hiram (2004), Ay Ayeng (2008), Legacy (2012), and Mulawin vs Ravena (2017). She is also famous as a singer as she released her album, Tell Me, which ranked #18 in the Australian charts.
- Full names: Love Marie Payawal Ongpauco-Escudero
- Heart Evangelista birthday: February 14, 1985
- Heart Evangelista age: 35 years
- Place of birth: Manila, Philippines
- Gender: Female
- Nationality: Filipino
- Heart Evangelista height: 5 feet 2 inches
- Profession: Actress
- Spouse: Senator Francis Escudero
Heart Evangelista biography
She was born on February 14, 1985, in Manila, Philippines. Heart Evangelista parents are Reynaldo Evangelista Ongpauco and Cecilia Ongpauco. Her father is the owner of Barrio Fiesta Group of restaurants. She is the last child in the family, and she was raised with five siblings from both sides of her parents.
Her family relocated to the United States when she was young but moved back to the Philippines during her early teen years. For her early childhood education, she attended Aubudon School in San Francisco, California. Later on, she enrolled at Collegio San Agustin-Makati in the Philippines.
READ ALSO: JC Santos bio: wife, baby, IG, movies
She started her career at the age of 13 as a commercial model and actress. During her late teenage years, she was scouted at the mall with her sister by a commercial agent. Although her parents were opposed to her entry to the showbiz industry, she went on to sign up with the ABS-CBN Talent Center. Heart became part of Star Circle Batch 9. Later on, she signed with agency Star Magic and changed her name to Heart Evangelista.
Her acting career debuted in 2000 when she featured in the show G-mik which helped her gain more popularity and exposure to the industry. In 2004, she was chosen for a role in the TV series Hiram. In early 2008, She signed a GMA Artist Center exclusive contract under GMA Network. She has been cast to play a role in several television shows and series on ABS-CBN and GMA such as:
- G-mik (1999-2002) as Missy Sandejas
- Arriba, Arriba! (2000 - 2003) as Monina Arriba
- Da Pilya En Da Pilot (2001) as Heart
- OK Fine, 'To Ang Gusto Nyo! (2002 - 2004) as Yoko
- Berks (2002-2004) as Gwyneth
- Ang Tanging Ina (2003 - 2005) as Ang Tanging Ina
- Hiram (2004 - 2005) as Margaret Benipayo
- Sineserye Presents: Hiram na Mukha (2007) as Carissa de Leon / Alicia Roldan
- Pangarap Na Bituin (2007) as Cassandra "Cassie" Salcedo
- Codename: Asero (2008) as Emily San Juan
- Full House (2009 - 2010) as Maria Jesusa "Jessie" Asuncion-Lazatin
- Langit sa Piling Mo (2010) as Margarita "Marj" Rosales / Marietta Flores
- Dwarfina (2011) as Dwarfina / Yna / Fina
- Legacy (2012) as Diana Calcetas
- Luna Blanca (2012) as Blanca Sandoval Buenaluz
- Forever (2013) as young Adora del Prado / Isadora
- Wagas (2013) as Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago
- Magkano Ba ang Pag-ibig? (2013 - 2014) as Eloisa Aguirre
- Beautiful Strangers (2015) as Kristine de Jesus
- Juan Happy Love Story (2016) as Happy Villanueva-dela Costa
- Mulawing vs Ravena (2017) as Alwina
- My Korean Jagiya (2017 - 2018) as Guadalupe Immaculada "Gia" Asuncion
READ ALSO: Mylene Dizon bio: Age, net worth, boyfriend, Instagram, kids
She made her film debut when she appeared in the film Trip (2001). Here are some of the films that she has appeared in:
- Trip (2001) as Faye
- Jologs (2002) as a pedestrian
- My First Romance (2003) as Jackie
- Bcuz Of U (2004) as Cara
- Ay, Ayeng (2008) as Ayeng
- Mano Po 6: A Mother's Love (2009) as Stephanie Uy
- Nobody, Nobody But... Juan (2009) as Young Aida
- Temptation Island (2011) as Virginia. P
- Sosy Problems (2012) as Claudia Ortega
- Trophy Wife (2014) as Gwen
- Felix Manalo (2015) as Cristina
Heart Evangelista net worth
She has amassed a significant amount of wealth over the course of her career as an actress and television personality. Her net worth is estimated at $4 million. Acting is her primary source of income. She also earns a good income from her music career and her businesses. Heart earns some income from her artworks. Her artwork was featured in the US edition of Harper's Bazaar this year.
Is Heart Evangelista married?
Well, the renowned actress is happily married. Heart Evangelista husband's name is Senator Francis Escudero. They announced their engagement in August 2014 before tying the knot on February 15, 2015. The lavish wedding took place at the Balesin Island Club in the Philippines.
READ ALSO: JK Labajo bio: girlfriend, age, instagram, tattoo, latest news
Heart Evangelista kids
When Escudero and Evangelista got married, her husband already had two children, fraternal twins, from his first wife, Christine Elizabeth Flores. In May 2018, she came out in public to announce that they were expecting their first child. The same month, she announced that she had miscarried one of the twins. In June 2018, Evangelista suffered yet another miscarriage, and she lost the last of her twins.
Pregnancy is a very sensitive topic for a renowned actress. In Heart Evangelista latest news, she has come out in public to address the fresh speculation that she and her husband, are expectant parents. She took to Twitter to directly shut down the rumor, labeling it fake news. She wrote:
I am not pregnant ... fake news .thank you for all your wishes but I am not ... I'd like to set the record straight. It is a sensitive topic for me. Thank you
Evangelista is very active on social media. She boasts of a huge fan base on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. You can check out Heart Evangelista photos on her social media pages using these links:
- Heart Evangelista Instagram: @iamheart
- Twitter: @heart021485
- Facebook: @HeartEvangelistaEscudero
READ ALSO: Christopher de Leon bio: net worth, children, wife, age
Heart Evangelista started appearing on television screens when she was still in her teenage years. She has risen through the ranks of her career to become a household name in the Filipino entertainment industry. The future is very bright for the multi-talented artist. Fans can only hope and pray that she will continue to grace the television screens even in future.
READ ALSO: Rica Peralejo bio: husband, age, baby, height