The Filipino singer and actress Donna Cruz has been in the country's entertainment scene for over 30 years. Beginning her career at a tender age, the talented artist managed to maneuver through and rank among the top in the industry. She is famously known for her songs Donna, Kurot Sa Puso, and Langit Na Naman, all of which were sung in the early 1990s.
Her immense contribution to the singing and acting industry has attracted a massive following on her Instagram page and earned her fame. Additionally, her career has as well earned her an incredible amount of wealth.
Donna Cruz profile summary
- Birth name: Donna Cruz Yrastorza-Larrazabal
- Date of birth: February 14th, 1977
- Donna Cruz birthday: February 14th
- Donna Cruz age: 43 years
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Place of birth: Manila, Philippines
- Nationality: Filipino
- Ethnicity: Multiracial
- Gender: Female
- Profession: Singer, actress, and product endorser
- Label: Viva Records
- Years active: 1984 to present
- Donna Cruz height: 5 feet 4 inches
- Weight: 103 pounds
- Hair color: Dark brown
- Eye color: Dark brown
- S*xual orientation: Straight
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Yong Larrazabal
The singer was born on February 14th, 1977, in Manila, in the Philippines. She is the youngest child and daughter of Renato Yrastorza and Dolores Cruz Yrastorza.
She has an elder sibling called Jomar Cruz Yrastorza. Donna Cruz brother had a brief stint in Philippine showbusiness in the 1990s.
Donna Cruz family originates from the famous Cruz family of singers. The clan has gained popularity in the Philippines.
Career and successes
The Filipino's interest in music manifested earlier in her life. During her childhood, she received singing lessons and inspirations from her mother.
Donna began as Bulilit Bagong Kampeon contender, followed by Champion in 1988. She then joined a famous contest for young and talented kids called Little Miss Philippines. In the competition, she emerged as the grand finalist.
Her career moved a notch higher when she was chosen alongside Timothy Villegas to represent the Philippines in the Mermaid International Children’s Song Festival in Hiroshima, Japan.
In 1989, she launched her recording career after signing with Viva Records. She was then introduced into acting by Viva Record officials.
Throughout her successful involvement in singing and acting, she has sung numerous songs and acted in several movies. If you are a fan of the Philippine entertainment industry, you could be familiar with some of her works.
Donna Cruz songs
She has released thirteen discography projects to her name.
Her studio collections include;
- Donna in 1991
- Kurot Sa Puso in 1992
- Langit Na Naman in 1994
- Habang May Buhay in 1995
- Merry Christmas Donna in 1996
- Pure Donna in 1997
- Hulog Ng Langit in 1999
- Now and Forever in 2016
Her compilation albums are as follows
- The Best of Donna in 1998
- Donna Cruz Sings Her Greatest Hits in 2001
- Silver Series: Donna in 2006
Her soundtrack albums
- Campus Girls: Music from the Motion Picture in 1995.
- Muling Umawit Ang Puso: Music from the Motion Picture in 1995.
- Love Notes - The Movie: Music from the Motion Picture in 1995.
- DoReMi: Music from the Motion Picture in 1996.
Donna Cruz films and television series
As an actress, she has featured in the following movies and dramas.
- Eat Bulaga's Little Miss Philippines as herself in 1988.
- Alabang Girls as Bighani from 1992 to 1994.
- That's Entertainment as a host in 1993.
- Ober Da Bakod as Muning from 1993 to 1997.
- Wishing for a Soulmate as Libay in 1995
- Hustisya in 1995.
- Laging Nasa Puso in 1995.
- Villa Quintana as Lynette Quintana from 1995 to 1997.
- Eat Bulaga! as co-host from 1995 to 1998.
- Growing Up as Stephanie Acosta from 1996-1998.
- Party Pilipinas as a guest in 2011.
- Daldalita as Carmela in 2011.
- ASAP as a performer in 2016.
- Tonight with Boy Abunda as a guest in 2016.
- Kris TV as a guest in 2016
- Gandang Gabi, Vice! as a guest in 2016
- Full House Tonight as a guest performer in 2017.
- Andrew Ford Medina: Huwag Kang Gamol as herself in 1991.
- Darna in 1991
- Pretty Boy in 1992
- Pangako Sa'yo in 1992
- Kadenang Bulaklak as Violy Abolencia in 1993.
- Ang Boyfriend Kong Gamol in 1993.
- Manchichiritchit in 1993.
- Tom & Jerry: Hindi Kaming Hayop in 1993.
- Row 4: Ang Baliktorians as Dory Pangilinan in 1993.
- Pintsik in 1994 as Gilda.
- Pinagbiyak na Bunga as Kristine in 1994.
- Pangako ng Kahapon as Belinda Tavera in 1994.
- Ober Da Bakod: The Movie as Muning in 1994.
- Campus Girls as Georgie in 1995.
- Love Notes: The Movie as Ditas in 1995.
- Okey Si Ma'am! as Lailani Arana in 1995.
- Muling Umawit ang Puso as Noemi in 1995.
- Habang May Buhay as Pia in 1996.
- Pag-Ibig Ko Sa Iyo'y Totoo as Dulce in 1996.
- DoReMi as Donette Legaspi in 1996.
- Dahil Tanging Ikaw as Erica and Cecile in 1997.
- Isang Tanong, Isang Sagot as Rizelle in 1997.
Awards and recognition
As she acts and sings, her exemplary talent has moved the hearts of many and attracted numerous fans. In return, Donna has bagged several awards under different categories.
- In 1992 she won the Best New Female Recording Artist during the Awit Awards.
- In 1995 during the Awit Awards, she won the Best Ballad Recording for her work, Only Me and You.
- During the Film Academy of the Philippines in 1994, she was nominated for the Best Supporting Actress award for her outstanding role in Pangako ng Kahapon.
- During the Star Awards in 1994, she was also nominated for the Best Supporting Actress award for her role in Pangako ng Kahapon.
- In 1995 during the Metro Manila Film Festival, she received the Best Supporting Actress for her acting role in Muling Umawit ang Puso.
- In 1997, she won the Best Musical Special for her song Pure Donna.
How much is Donna Cruz worth in 2020?
Donna Cruz net worth is estimated at a value between $1-5 million. The celebrated artist has accumulated this net worth from her illustrious career as a singer and actress. She has as well endorsed several commercial products.
Who is Donna Cruz husband?
The actress is married to Dr. Potenciano Yong Larrazabal III. Her husband is an ophthalmologist from Cebu.
The pair met through a mutual friend in 1997. Less than a year after their engagement in February 1998, the pair got married at the Basilica de San Sebastian Church in Manila.
After the marriage, the singer moved to Cebu City to stay with her husband. In 1999, she gave birth to her firstborn child. Donna Cruz daughter is called Ysabella Adriana Larrazabal or Belle as she is commonly known.
She was blessed with a second child in August 2003. The boy's name is Cian. Her last born child is called Gio Larrazabal
Social media platforms and website
The Filipino singer and actress is very active on social media. She has an Instagram page with over 0.6 million followers and a website. You can follow her updates photos on her website as well as Instagram using the links below.
Donna Cruz is undoubtedly one of the most celebrated singers and actresses in the Philippines, and a role model for many artists worldwide. Her illustrious career has earned her fame and a substantial amount of wealth.