The Filipino star Maris Racal has made a name out of her acting and singing careers. She was famously known for her outstanding performance as a housemate during the Pinoy Big Brother in 2014. Since then, she has featured in many movies and television shows.
If you are a fan of the Philippine entertainment industry, then Maris Racal may not be new to you. The actress has appeared in numerous dramas aired on our screens. Despite all this fame, a lot about her, for instance, her net worth, educational background, and family, are still unknown to a majority of her fans.
Maris Racal profile summary
- Birth name: Mariestella Canedo Racal
- Commonly used name: Maris Racal
- Date of birth: September 22nd, 1997
- Maris Racal birthday: September 22nd
- Maris Racal age: 22 years
- Zodiac sign: Virgo
- Place of birth: Tagum, Davao del Norte, Philippines
- Nationality: Filipino
- Ethnicity: Asian
- Gender: Female
- Occupation: Actress, singer, songwriter, dancer, and television personality
- Year active: 2014 to present
- S*xual orientation: Straight
- Hair color: Dark brown
- Eye color: Dark brown
- Maris Racal height: 5 ft 3 inches or 160 m
- Weight: 105 pounds or 48 kg
- Body measurement: 32-23-33 inches
- Marital status: Not married
Maris Racal biography: Who is she?
Maris Racal is a celebrated Filipino actress, songwriter, singer, dancer, and television personality. She was born on September 22nd, 1997, in Tagum, Davao del Norte, in the Philippines.
She is the daughter of Henry Racal, a former folk singer and Leony Racal, who are her father and mother, respectively. Maris is the fifth born in a family of six siblings.
She grew up in Tagum and attended St. Mary’s College for her high school studies. Upon graduating, she enrolled at the Trinity University of Asia to pursue a degree in Medical Technology. She currently a student at the university.
Maris Racal's passion for singing and acting manifested early in her life. At a very young age, the famous singer taught herself how to sing and play the guitar by streaming videos online. She also learned how to play the piano, ukelele, and beatbox.
READ ALSO: Kim Jong Un bio: Wife, age, net worth, sister, death rumors
The Filipino enjoys an illustrious career both as a singer and actress. Racal's journey to popularity began when she entered the Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) All In at the age of 16 years, and was placed second.
After her time in Pinoy Big Brother, Maris joined Star Magic as an artist and nourished her acting talents. In February 2016, she became part of a girl-dance group dubbed the Girltrends.
The following year on January 22nd, she joined BFF5, which was then ASAP's newest all-girl sing-and-dance group.
Throughout her stint as an actress and a singer, Maris has featured in several television dramas and movies and produced numerous songs. Additionally, her career has made her not only famous but also wealthy.
Maris Racal movies
Below are the movies she has acted in.
- Stars Versus Me in 2015 as Elena.
- Halik sa Hangin in 2015 as Tetay.
- The Breakup Playlist in 2015 as Janine.
- Just The Way You Are in 2015 as Amy.
- Vince and Kath and James in 2016 as Maxine.
- The Third Party in 2016 as Joan.
- Haunted Forest in 2017 as Mich.
- Bloody Crayons in 2017 as Richalaine Alcantara.
- I'm Ellenya L. in 2019 as Ellenya.
- Block Z in 2020 as Erika.
Maris Racal television dramas
She has acted in the television shows below.
- Pinoy Big Brother: All In
- Gandang Gabi, Vice!
- Hawak Kamay
- The Singing Bee
- Kris TV
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Lobo
- Oh My G!
- Ipaglaban Mo!: Inabusong Karapatan
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal
- Ipaglaban Mo!: Pinekeng Anyo
- Ipaglaban Mo!: Maging Akin Ka Lang
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Bottled Water
- We Will Survive
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Droga
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Toga
- Magandang Buhay
- Minute to Win It: Last Man Standing
- Home Sweetie Home: Something New
- Family Feud
- Magandang Buhay
- FPJ's Ang Probinsyano
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Luneta Park
- Minute to Win It: Last Teen Standing
- Ipaglaban Mo!: Katotohanan
- Family Feud
- Gandang Gabi, Vice!: GGVBFFs
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Tape Recorder
- Wansapanataym: Annika PINTAsera
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Casa
- Hanggang Saan
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Ukelele
- Gandang Gabi, Vice!: GGVKiligSiAko
- Umagang Kay Ganda
- Magandang Buhay
- It's Showtime
- Ipaglaban Mo: Kakampi
- TV Patrol
- Pamilya Ko
- Maalaala Mo Kaya: Contest
- Tonight with Boy Abunda
- Tanong Mo Sa Bituin (OPM Fresh album) in 2015
- Tala in 2018
- Ikaw Lang Sapat Na in 2018
- Love Is Easy in 2018
- Tayo Na 'Di Tayo with Inigo Pascual in 2018
- Hi Crush in 2018
- Sugarol in 2018
- Abot Langit in 2019
Awards and achievements
Maris Racal has won numerous awards in her illustrious. Below are some of the awards and recognition so far in her career.
READ ALSO: Sylvia Sanchez bio: husband, children, house, movies, real name
- In 2014, she won the 2nd Big Placer award during the Pinoy Big Brother: All In.
- She also won the Most Promising Actress during the 1st Star Cinema Awards in 2014.
- In 2015, she was nominated for the Best New Female TV Personality during the 29th PMPC Star Awards for Television.
- In 2015, she won the Breakthrough Artist award during the 2nd Star Cinema Awards.
- In 2016, during the Wish 107.5 Music Awards, Maris won the Wishers’ Choice for Wish Young Artist of the Year and for the Best WISHclusive Performance.
- In 2017, she was nominated for the Push Play Newcomer Award during the Push Awards.
- She also won the Ultimate Breakthrough Loveteam Award with Inigo Pascual.
- She won the Best New Artist of the Year Award during the MOR Pinoy Music Awards in 2018.
- In 2019 during the 32nd Awit Awards, the actress won the PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD for Favorite New Female Artist and for Favorite Music Video (Sugarol).
How much is Maris Racal worth?
At a young age of 22 years, Maris Racal net worth is estimated between $1-5 million. She has amassed this wealth from the earnings in her acting and singing career. Her wealth has significantly been growing for the past years and is likely to keep increasing.
Maris Racal dating history
The Filipino star once dated Inigo Pascual. The two met in 2014 during Pascual visited the Pinoy Big Brother house. Three years later, the pair admitted to being dating and became a couple in May 2018.
Their relationship did not last long as the couple broke months later. The reason for their breakup remains unknown. However, Inigo apologized to Maris for breaking her heart.
I’m just really grateful honestly for whatever we have, and I want to say sorry. I mean, we went through a lot together, and I could never say [anything] wrong about Maris no matter what happened... I always say handa siyang ibigay lahat, and I just couldn’t do the same, and that made me sad as well. It also made me heartbroken as well, he said.
Maris accepted the apology and said she was happy for her former lover and his decision.
Maris Racal Instagram, YouTube channel, and Twitter accounts
The singer has an Instagram and Twitter account as well as a YouTube channel where she enjoys an incredible following. If you wish to have a look at Maris Racal photos or keep updated on some of her projects, you can follow her using the links below.
- Instagram page: @mariesteller
- Twitter account: @MissMarisRacal
- YouTube channel: Maris Racal
Maris Racal has defied age and became one of the most popular young artists in the Philippines. Her singing and acting talents have earned her fame as well as a substantial amount of wealth. She is undoubtedly a voice to reckon for many young and upcoming singers and actresses.
READ ALSO: Kim Go Eun bio: age, boyfriend, height, pictures, latest news