BTS members profile: real names, height, age, net worth
K-pop idol group BTS has not only conquered the Korean music scene but has also gained unprecedented recognition on international shores. In seven years, the seven-member South Korean boy band skyrocketed to the top of hit charts album after album. This article looks at BTS members profiles, including BTS real names, net worth, BTS members age, and other details.
Short for Bangtan Sonyeondan, which translates to Bulletproof Boy Scouts, BTS was formed in 2013 in Seoul, South Korea, by entertainment label Big Hit Entertainment. Originally meant to be a hip hop group, the vision for the ensemble shifted and made to become the idol group everyone is familiar with. Led by Rap Monster, the lineup includes Jin, Suga, J-Hope, V, Jimin, and Jungkook, and has not changed since BTS debut date.
How many members in BTS? The famous South Korean boy band has seven members. Here is a look at BTS members names, BTS height, and lesser-known facts about the K-pop stars.
- Position: Vocalist
- Real name: Kim Seok Jin
- Date of birth: December 4, 1992
- Age: 28 years old as of 2021
- Birthplace: Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Height: 179 cm (5’10” 1/2)
- Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
- Education: Konkuk University; Hanyang Cyber University
- Degree: Art and acting (Konkuk University)
Jin fun facts
- Jin is the oldest member of the group at 28 years old as of 2021.
- Called “eomma” or mother by other group members due to him cooking and cleaning for them a lot.
- Originally scouted by SM Entertainment while in junior high school, he rejected the offer at the time, thinking they were frauds.
- Gained the nickname “Worldwide handsome” after the group’s first introduction worldwide. Amazingly, he is surprised that he is considered handsome outside his native Korea.
- He is notorious for his bad Korean jokes and dad jokes.
- He joined Big Hit Entertainment at 21 years old and was a trainee for at least a year.
- Talent scouts from Big Hit saw him after getting off a bus, then proceeded to get him for the label.
- Starting as a theater student with dreams of becoming an actor, he did not have any singing background before BTS. Because of this, he worked hard and took voice lessons to become a vocalist for the group.
- He has two signature moves: the flying kiss and the tendency to pull out paper hearts from his pockets.
- Position: Lead rapper
- Real name: Min Yoon Gi
- Date of birth: March 9, 1993
- Birthplace: Buk-gu, Daegu, South Korea
- Age: 28 years old as of 2021
- Height: 174 cm (5’8.5″)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
- Education: Global Cyber University
- Degree: Liberal Arts Major
Suga fun facts
- He uses the nickname ‘Agust D’ when making and producing music. The nickname comes from spelling his stage name in reverse (SUGA – AGUS) then adding the initials of his former rap group before joining BTS (D-Town or Town Daegu).
- As a music producer, he has around 70 songs credited to him. He composes songs and lyrics in his studio named ‘Genius Lab.’
- Suga produces one song per day, which impresses RM, as he only makes one song a month.
- In 2017, he won an award for producing the song Wine for Korean singer Suran and has earned a spot as a full-time member of the Korea Music Copyright Association.
- As a rapper, he won 2nd place at a national rap audition in Korea. This event got the attention of Big Hit, and he signed with the label when he was 18 years old.
- When he signed with Big Hit, he was originally told that he would be part of a rap group.
- Upon his move from the underground rap scene, he received harsh criticisms from his former group mates and many underground rappers.
- Known to be intimidating and savage, he is very blunt towards his fellow members. However, despite looking cold, he shows care in the guise of small actions.
- Suga has a knack for repairing broken stuff, which is usually caused by RM.
3. RM (Rap Monster)
- Position: Leader, main rapper
- Real name: Kim Nam Joon
- Date of birth: September 12, 1994
- Age: 26 years as of 2021
- Birthplace: Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Height: 181.68 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 67 kg (147 lbs)
- Education: Apgujeong High School; Global Cyber University
RM fun facts
- He was the first member and current leader of the group. As a leader, he handles conflict resolution between the group and management, as well as disputes within the group. He also keeps the team focused and united during performances.
- Among the group, he is the only member that is fluent in English. He takes on interpretation and translation for the group during interviews, and coaches them on how to speak the language. According to RM, he learned how to speak English by watching the American show Friends Apart from English, he is also fluent in Japanese and can easily learn foreign languages.
- In connection with his vocabulary, the rapper is known for his extensive vocabulary and wordplay that he employs with his songs. He also can rap using complex beats.
- RM also received criticism from underground rappers for choosing to stay with BTS, often told that he betrayed hip-hop, and was the content of some diss tracks from rappers. In his mixtape titled RM, he talks about the criticisms, along with the identity crisis he has as a rapper and a pop idol.
- Joining Big Hit in 2009, he was initially told that the group would be a hip hop act, which was his reason for joining the label. He trained for 3 years under the label until the debut of the group.
- As a producer, he has at least 100 songs under his name. This includes a track on the Korean release of Fantastic Four, among others.
- As a rapper and performer, he has collaborated with several international acts, including Krizz Kaliko, Warren G, Wale and Fall Out Boy.
- He is an advocate of gay/lesbian rights.
- RM spoke on behalf of the group during their historic speech at the 73rd United Nations General Assembly. Marked as the launch of UNICEF’s ‘Generation Unlimited,’ the rapper encouraged everyone to find their voice by speaking up regardless of race, gender, or color.
- He earned the nickname “God of Destruction” as he seems to destroy anything he touches.
- Position: Main dancer, rapper, sub vocalist
- Real name: Jung Ho Seok
- Date of birth: February 18, 1994
- Age: 27 years old as of 2021
- Birthplace: Gwangju, Jeolanamdo, South Korea
- Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Education: Gwangju Global High School; Global Cyber University
J-Hope fun facts
- His stage name came from his desire to become a symbol of hope and a bringer of peace to everyone.
- Before joining BTS, J-Hope was known as the best freestyle street dancer in his hometown. Fellow member V confirmed this when a fellow student at Korea Arts School asked him after his debut with BTS if J-Hope was the same guy from Gwangju.
- As a dancer, he learns the dance steps faster than anyone in the group and usually acts as the dance leader. However, despite his sunny personality, he is very strict when teaching dance moves.
- Apart from learning and teaching dance steps, he also adds his steps to the choreography, showing his skill as a dancer.
- As a rapper, he once collaborated on the song Animal with 2 AM’s Jokwon.
- He auditioned for Big Hit at 17 years old and was a trainee for 3 years under the label.
- During his training days, he found the process too difficult and left the company at least once. RM reached out to him to resolve the issue, bringing him back to the group.
- To know more about what their fans are thinking, J-Hope visits their fan café (an online messaging board) every single day.
- He has a thing for cleaning other member’s rooms, as well as keeping his room the cleanest. Because of this, along with his habit of scolding fellow members, he is called “Eomma” or mother.
- Position: Lead dancer, vocalist, visual
- Real name: Kim Tae Hyung (김태형)
- Date of birth: December 30, 1995
- Age: 25 years old as of 2021
- Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
- Height: 178 cm (5’10″)
- Weight: 62 kg (137 lbs)
- Education: Korean Arts High School in Seoul, Global Cyber University
V fun facts
- The stage name V has a meaning, and it stands for ‘Victory.’
- Kim Tae Hyung V joined Big Hit at 17 years old and was training under the label for 2 years before their debut.
- His audition was a complete accident. Originally, his friends were the ones auditioning for the entertainment label, but he was seen by the staff and was asked to audition as well.
- Before the group's official debut, BTS was thought to be a 6-man group, with V being a secret member. However, he was announced as the seventh member to the surprise of the group’s fans.
- Apart from his work with the group, V has appeared in the historical drama “Hwarang” as an actor. His role on the show earned ridicule among his fellow members, with his acting skills being the target of their jokes.
- He has a puppy named ‘Tan-e’, derived from the first name of the group, Bangtan.
- The singer’s interests include fine art and photography.
- One of his weird habits is giving a false name when buying stuff on foreign locations of Starbucks and supermarkets. His usual names include Renoir, Van Gough, and other artists.
- An avid fan of amusement parks, he likes exciting rides like Gyro Swing, Drop Zone, and Roller Coasters.
- According to Korean culture, his blood type (AB) has the attributes of being a genius or a psychopath.
- Position: Main dancer, lead vocalist
- Real name: Park Ji Min
- Date of birth: October 13, 1995
- Jimin age: 25 years old as of 2021
- Hometown: Busan, South Korea
- Jimin height in feet: 5 inches 8.3 feet
- Weight: 61 kg (134 lbs)
- Education: Busan High School of Arts; Global Cyber University
Jimin fun facts
- Fans know Jimin for his sexy charisma on stage, as well as his amazing abs.
- While he has an intimidating presence on stage, offstage he is a fun-loving person.
- He auditioned for Big Hit when he was 18 years old and was a trainee for at least a year. He was the final member of the group to be added to the roster.
- During his training, he shared that he went through lots of struggles and was almost removed from the company on several occasions. With perseverance, however, he was able to overcome those obstacles and formally joined the team.
- As a performer, he has an intense work ethic and is a perfectionist.
- During high school, he was the top student in contemporary dance, showing that his dancing skills are among the best.
- Due to some issues he had with his body image, he starved himself for 7 days in the hopes of getting thinner. According to Jimin, Jin helped him out in getting out of that state.
- Among all BTS members, Jimin interacts the most with their fans through Twitter and the VLive app.
- He has a weird habit of dancing and moving along to the music around him no matter where he is.
- The Hulk is his favorite character from the Avengers because he can destroy everything with just his bare hands.
- His motto is Let’s keep on trying until we can’t do it anymore.
- Position: Main vocalist, lead dancer, sub rapper, center
- Real name: Jeon Jeong-guk
- Date of birth: September 1, 1997
- Jungkook age: 23 years old as of 2021
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Jungkook height in feet: 5 inches 10 feet
- Weight: 66 kg (145 lbs)
- Education: Seoul School of Performing Arts; Global Cyber University
Jungkook fun facts
- As the youngest of the group, he is called by the term Maknae. However, due to being good at everything he does, he is called the ‘Golden Maknae’ instead.
- Jungkook is the youngest member to join Big Hit from BTS, starting with the label at just 13 years old. He trained for 2 years before being added to the group.
- According to him, he was not ambitious about singing but was into dancing a lot.
- His dance moves are so good that American dancer Kyle Hanagami even complimented his dancing.
- Stories about Jungkook circulating claim that he auditioned for Superstar K during his middle school days. While he did not make it to the finals, he received offers from 8 entertainment agencies after the event.
- He enjoys exercising a lot and is often seen doing laps or push-ups in the studio during his free time.
- Jungkook is also into sports, earning a black belt in Taekwondo.
- Enjoying the scent of feminine perfume, he has a collection of various brands of female perfumes.
- While he spends a lot of time in the bathroom, he is known as the messiest member of the group, having the messiest room among them.
- Due to his rhinitis, he has a weird habit of sniffling a lot. He also has another habit of wriggling his fingers often.
BTS members net worth
BTS is one of the richest K-pop bands in South Korea and has contributed immensely to the country’s economic boom. They contribute more than $2.5 billion to the economy yearly. Tourism has also improved because global fans book flights to attend BTS shows in the country.
Who is the richest BTS member? All the members have a net worth of $20 million. In 2018, J-Hope had the highest net worth at $12 million, while the rest of the band members were worth $8 million each.
In October 2020, BTS’s music label, Big Hit Entertainment, staged a massive IPO at $236 per share to reach $8.38 billion. This raised each BTS member’s net worth by $20 million as they had received an equal stake in the company from Bang earlier in August 2020.
Do BTS members have girlfriends?
As of early 2021, all BTS members are single, though it is believed that RM and J-Hope had girlfriends before their time with the group. Rumors about their relationships have circulated online, with reports of the members dating or seeing a fellow idol or celebrity surfacing. However, only V’s relationship status was openly discussed by Big Hit, according to Capital FM.
Who is the popular BTS member?
V, whose real name is Kim Tae Hyung, is the most popular BTS member. In 2020, he was named The Most Handsome Man in the World by Top 10 World, a YouTube media. V’s merchandise also sells out fast compared to other members.
From the above comprehensive look at BTS members profile, you now have a clear knowledge of who your favorite star is. The boy band’s success continues to earn them a huge fan base across the globe.
READ ALSO: BTS vs EXO: which boy band is richer, more famous, and has more handsome members?
Kami.com.ph had earlier published distinguishing facts between BTS and EXO. They are both successful boy bands from South Korea.
Both groups consist of talented young men who continue to put the country on the global map. Who do you think outshines the other in terms of riches, fans, and looks?