- Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto happily shared the results of his COVID-19 test on social media
- The mayor saw the need to undergo testing as his long-time driver recently died of the infection
- Mayor Vico’s close contacts also got themselves tested and they also came out negative
- The Pasig City local chief executive revealed that their tests results came out today
Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto happily shared on social media that his COVID-19 test results turned up negative.
The local chief executive decided to undergo RT-PCR swab testing after his long-time driver died last week from coronavirus infection.
The mayor also informed the public that his usual companions in the vehicle handled by his long-time driver also got themselves tested. Like the mayor, his companions’ RT-PCR swab test results came out negative.
“NEGATIVE ang result ng [RT-PCR] test ko. Negative din ‘yung nakasama namin sa sasakyan. Thank you for your messages and prayers,” Mayor Vico wrote on Twitter.
He also asked everyone to do their part in preventing the spread of the virus and its many variants.
Earlier, Mayor Vico said he would go on a voluntary quarantine for two weeks even if he did not experience any type of symptoms associated with COVID-19.
PAY ATTENTION: Don't miss the hottest Philippine news and celebrity gossip! Follow KAMI.com.ph on Twitter!
COVID-19, short for coronavirus infection disease of 2019, has a scientific name of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 or SARS-CoV-2. It belonged to the family of coronaviruses which also brought SARS several years earlier. The new coronavirus was first detected in December of 2019 in Wuhan, China, hence the number 19 on the ailment’s name. In January of 2020, the World Health Organization declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, which eventually evolved into a global pandemic as of March 2020. To date, COVID-19 has taken the lives of more than two million and a half people, making it among the deadliest in the history of mankind.
Earlier, Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque on Monday also revealed he tested positive for COVID-19. He said in an online briefing that the results “came as a shock” to him. SPOX Roque disclosed that he took a swab test on Sunday, March 14, in preparation for an upcoming cabinet meeting. Upon receiving the results, he decided to conduct an online briefing so he would not be near anyone.
Last month, the head of the European Union's disease control agency stated that there is a possibility that the novel coronavirus could last for a long time. This was even though there is already a global vaccine rollout that is currently taking place. It revealed that the virus seemed to be well-adapted to humans, which means that the vaccine may have to be tweaked every now and then. It appealed to people as a whole that everyone should just be prepared at the possibility that the virus will remain for a long time.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!