MMDA bans minors in NCR from going outdoors due to rising COVID-19 cases

MMDA bans minors in NCR from going outdoors due to rising COVID-19 cases

- With the surge of COVID-19 cases, our government has started to implement stricter measures in order to combat the situation

-As announced by MMDA, minors will no longer be allowed outdoors for two weeks beginning on March 7, 2021

- MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos, said that the new measure has been agreed upon by the mayors in Metro Manila

- He also explained that they are enforcing age restrictions to contain the transmission of the virus and further said that their directives will change depending on the COVID-19 statistics they have gathered

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced today that only people aged 18-65 years old will be allowed outdoors due to the rapid increase in COVID-19 cases.

According to MMDA, the Metro Manila Council (MMC) is drafting a resolution prohibiting minors from going out. This measure will be enforced in all the Local Government Units forming the National Capital Region.

Read also

Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto, happy with the negative result of his COVID-19 test

Minors are banned outdoors starting on March 17, 2021 as announced by the MMDA
A view of Philippines' metropolitan. Photo from MMDA (@MMDAPH)
Source: Facebook

PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback

MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos, said that the move has been agreed upon by the mayors in Metro Manila.

The MMDA Chairman also explained that they had to enforce stringent measures in order to contain the massive increase in cases of COVID-19. He also mentioned that they are monitoring the number of cases and that their directives will depend on the statistics they have.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

Harry Roque gets asked by President Rodrigo Duterte how did he get to turn out positive. Earlier, the presidential spokesperson announced he tested positive for the coronavirus infection. He responded that he was not sure how he got the virus.

PAY ATTENTION: Don't miss the hottest Philippine news and celebrity gossip! Follow KAMI.com.ph on Twitter!

Read also

Harry Roque tests positive for COVID-19 infection: ‘It came as a shock’

KAMI also learned that Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto shared his negative COVID-19 test results on social media. The local chief executive decided to undergo RT-PCR swab testing after his driver died last week from COVID-19.

Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Online view pixel