The South Korean star Kim Go Eun is a famous actress whose popularity is not only known in Asia but the world at large. She is known for her award-winning performances in A Muse, Monster, and many more films. Her exemplary skill has won her awards and recognition.
She entered the acting industry in 2012 at the age of 2020. Her determination and hard work have kept her going. Despite being famous, very few fans know much about her. For instance, the information about her education and upbringing. So who is Kim Go Eun?
Kim Go Eun profile summary
- Birth name: Kim Go Eun
- Hangul: 김고은
- Date of birth: July 2nd, 1991
- Kim Go Eun age: 28 years
- Kim Go Eun birthday: July 2nd
- Zodiac sign: Cancer
- Place of birth: Seoul, South Korea
- Nationality: South Korean
- Gender: Female
- Religion: Christian
- Blood group: B
- Occupation: Actress and model
- Years active: 2012 - present
- Kim Go Eun height: 5 feet 7 inches or 170 cm
- Weight: 121 pounds or 55 kg
- Body measurements: 31-24-33 inches
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Dark brown
- Marital status: Not married
- S*xual orientation: Straight
Kim Go Eun biography: Who is he?
The South Korean female actress was born on July 2nd, 1991. She is the daughter of Kim In-gi and has an elder brother. While she was three years old, Kim, together with her family, move to China.
The family spent ten years in a foreign country, and because of this, she, along with her brother, attended their early education in Beijing. In 2004 when she was thirteen years, her family returned to South Korea. They settled in Seoul.
The actress speaks both Korean and Chinese languages fluently.
She attended her high school studies at the Kaywon High School of Arts in Seoul. Upon graduating, she joined the Korean National University of Arts, where she enrolled for a degree in Theatre at the School of Drama.
Her passion developed early in her life. During her youth, she was greatly influenced by Chen Kauge’s film dubbed Together.
Before she became a renowned actress, Kim worked at a cafeteria as a waitress at a soba restaurant, recorder for the city hall, and also as a fitting model.
Kim Go Eun caught the eyes of film director Jung Ji-woo in 2012 while she was still in college. The film director offered her a role in A Muse. The movie is about a seventeen years old schoolgirl who awakens the lust of two men.
READ ALSO: Mew Suppasit bio: age, height, birthday, drama list
Her exemplary performance earned her the Best New Actress Award that year. She then took a two-year break to finish her studies and returned in 2014.
In 2014, she featured in Monster. The thriller is about a disabled lady whose sister is killed. The woman then plans an act of revenge on the murderer. Kim starred the role of the disabled woman.
In 2016, the celebrated actress made her television debut. She starred in the Cheese in the Trap. Her performance earned her the Baeksang Arts Award.
Throughout her illustrious career, she has acted in several movies and comedies plus won numerous awards.
Kim Go Eun movies
She has featured in the following films.
- Hero in 2020 as Seol-Hee.
- Tune in for Love in 2019 as Mi-Soo.
- Hit-and-Run Squad in 2019 as a guest.
- Sunset In My Hometown in 2018 as Sun-Mi.
- Canola in 2016 as Hye-Ji.
- The Advocate: A Missing Body in 2015 as Prosecutor Jin Sun-Mi.
- Memories of the Sword in 2015 as Seol-Hee.
- Coin Locker Girl in 2015 as Il-Young.
- Monster in 2014 as Bok-Soon.
- Never Die Butterfly in 2013 as Moon Soo-Yeon.
- Yeonga in 2013 as Yeong-A.
- Comfort in 2013 as Eun Hye.
- Modern Psychology in 2012 as a student.
- Hi Bye in 2012 as Min Jeong.
- A Muse in 2012 as Min Jeong-yo.
- Guardian: The Lonely and Great God on tvN between 2016 and 2017 as Ji Eun-Tak.
Kim Go Eun drama
- The King: Eternal Monarch aired on SBS in 2020) as Jung Tae-Eul / Luna.
- Cheese in the Trap on tvN in 2016 as Hong-Seol.
- Goblin in 2016 as Ji Eun Tak.
Awards and achievements
Kim Go Eun has won the following awards.
- On June 6th, 2016, during the 52nd BaekSang Arts Awards, she won the Best New Actress for her role in Cheese in the Trap.
- During the 4th KOFRA Film Awards Ceremony on January 30th, 2013, she won the Best New Actress for her performance in Eungyo.
- She was also awarded the Best New Actress during the 33rd Blue Dragon Film Awards, Korean Association of Film Critics Awards, and the 49th Daejong Film Awards for her role in Eungyo.
Who is Kim Go Eun boyfriend?
The South Korean actress is currently single and busy with her acting career. However, she has been in a relationship before. On August 23rd, 2016, HODU&U Entertainment announced that she was in a relationship with Shin Ha-Kyun.
READ ALSO: Joven Hernando: who is he, is he real, wiki, quotes, history
Shin Ha-Kyun is an actor in the same agency and happens to be seventeen years older than Kim. The pair developed a close connection as friends and eventually fell in love.
Unfortunately, the couple broke up eight months later. As much as the reason for their separation remains unclear, rumors had it that it was because of her close connection with Gong Yoo. Gong Yoo starred alongside her in the Goblin. Their agencies denied the rumors.
Kim Go Eun Instagram account
The veteran actress is an active member of the social media fraternity. She enjoys a considerable following on her page. You can keep yourself updated about her future projects of view Kim Go Eun pictures by following the links below.
- Instagram page: @ggonekim
Kim Go Eun latest news
In 2020, the South Korean actress marked eight years in the entertainment industry. To celebrate herself for reaching this milestone, she took to Instagram to express her gratitude to her fans. She wrote,
Thank you for loving me for eight years. There have been many moments of tears and laughter, but I’m always thankful that I can be acting right now, and I’ll become an actor who moves forward. May the days ahead be happy for everyone.
Additionally, the latest episode on The King: Eternal Monarch that was also released on April 25th, 2020, has people talking about their performance. In the movies, which she acted with Lee Min Ho.
The series is about an Emperor Lee Gon performed by Lee Min Ho and detective Jung Tae Eul played by Kim Go Eun. They live in parallel universes where Korea is a constitutional monarchy and democracy, but they cooperate and try to save people's lives.
What is more interesting is a scene captured when the two are intimate in a bamboo forest. Lee Gon looks at Jung Tae Eul with a small smile and intent in his eyes. Jung Tae Eul, on the other hand, appears to be more surprised by the interaction. The event seems to signal the start of a romance between them.
A statement released by Hwa & Dam Pictures seemed to suggest that the plot was heading in that direction. They stated,
Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are hardworking actors who are always discussing ways to improve their characters. The upcoming episode is set to signal the start of Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul’s romance, so please anticipate it.
The veteran actress Kim Go Eun is, without a doubt, one of the most famous actresses in South Korea. Her notable performances have not only earned her popularity but a considerable amount of income. She is a voice to reckon for many young and upcoming actors and actresses.
Acting aside, Kim Go Eun has also demonstrated her kind heart and willingness to assist. On February 21st, 2020, the actress donated $82441.59 to help the low-income family during the COVID-19 pandemic.
READ ALSO: Sylvia Sanchez bio: husband, children, house, movies, real name