Kim Hee Ae bio: Net worth, husband, family, height, new K-drama
If you love watching Korean drama (K-drama), then the name Kim Hee Ae does not sound new to you. She is one of the most popular actresses from South Korea and is best known for her leading roles in K-drama. Kim works under YG entertainment, which is ranked among the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea.
Kim has risen from a very humble background to become one of the top actresses in South Korea. Her acting career spans more than three decades. She is best known for her leading roles in K-drams such as Sons and Daughters (1992), My Husband's Woman (2007), and Secret Love Affair (2014). Kim is also famous for her everlasting beauty. Even though she is in her 50s, she tends to look younger than her actual age.
- Full names: Kim Hee Ae
- Year of birth: April 23, 1967
- Kim Hee Ae age: 53 years
- Gender: Female
- Marital status: Married
- Nationality: South Korean
- Kim Hee Ae height: 5 feet 4 inches
- Weight: 49 kg
- Kim Hee Ae Facebook: Kim hee ae
- Kim Hee Ae Instagram: heeae_official
- Profession: Actress
Kim Hee Ae biography
She was born in Jeju City, Jeju Island, South Korea, but her family moved up to Seoul when she was a small child. Talking about Kim Hee Ae family, little is known about her parents and siblings. For her high school education, she attended Hyehwa Girls High School.
It was here that the younger brother to one of the teachers who worked for an advertising agency discovered her talent. In 1978, she landed a modelling job in a commercial for a school uniform brand. After completing her high school education, she proceeded to join Chung-Ang University to pursue a Theater and Film major.
READ ALSO: 24-year-old Korean actress from 'Goblin' Go Soo Jung passes away
Kim made her debut in the acting profession in the year 1983 when she was cast to play a role in the film The First Day of the Twentieth Year. In 1986, she appeared in the first television drama series on KBS. Over the next decade, she established a successful career in the Korean television industry.
Talking about Kim Hee Ae new drama, she has played the main character Ji Sun-woo in JTBC’s new Korean drama, The World of the Married. The first episode was aired on 27th March in South Korea. Kim Hee-ae and Park Hae-joon are the lead characters in the new JBTC melodrama.
READ ALSO: Lee Dong Wook wife: Who is she?
Here is a list of the films she has appeared:
- The First Day of the Twentieth Year (1983)
- Reminiscent Flame (1985)
- My Love Jjang-gu (1985) as Mi-Hye
- The Hero Comes Back (1987) as Young-mi
- The 101st proposition (1993) as Jung-Won
- Thread of Lies (2014) as Yoon Hyun-sook
- C'est Si Bon (2015) as Mina Ja-young
- The Vanished (2018) as Yoon Seol-hee
- Herstory (2018) as Moon Jeong-sook
- Full Moon (2019) as Yoon-hee
Here is a list of the films she has appeared:
- A Woman's Heart (1986) as Song Da-young
- Daewongun (1990) as Empress Myeongseong
- Beyond the Mountains (1991) as Kang Myung-ae
- Sons and Daughters (1992) as Lee Hoo-nam
- Stormy Season (1993) as Lee Hong-joo
- Kareisky (1994) as Sung Nam-young
- Love and Marriage (1995) as Yoon Soo-bin
- You're One-of-a-Kind (1999) as Jang Seo-young
- Wife (2003) as Kim Na-young
- Perfect Love (2003) as Ha Young-ae
- Precious Family (2004) as Ahn Sung-sil
- Snow Flower (2006) as Lee Kang-ae
- My Man's Woman (2007) as Lee Hwa-young
- Midas (2011) as Yoo In-hye
- A Wife's Credentials (2012) as Yoon Seo-rae
- Sisters Over Flowers (2013) as Herself
- Secret Love Affair (2014) as Oh Hye-won
- Mrs. Cop (2015) as Choi Young-jin
- Second to Last Love (2016) as Kang Min-joo
- The World of the Married (2020) as Ji Sun-woo
READ ALSO: Lee Jong Suk bio: TV shows, awards, age, who is he currently dating?
Over the course of her career as an actress, Kim has been nominated for several awards. Here are some of the awards that she boasts of:
- She won the Daesang Award for her role in My Man's Woman during the 2007 SBS Acting Awards.
- Kim won the Best TV Drama Actress award for her role in A Wife's Credentials during the 2013 49th High 1 PaekSang Arts Awards.
- In 2013, she received Presidential Commendation during the 51st Savings Day.
- She won the Fashionista Award during the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2013.
- She won the Best Actress award for her role in Secret Love Affair during the 2014 9th Seoul International Drama Awards.
Is Kim Hee Ae married?
Well, Kim is happily married. Kim Hee Ae husband's name is Chan jin Lee. The two got married in 1996, and they have been blessed with two sons. Her husband is a notable computer scientist and a businessman in South Korea.
READ ALSO: Who is Sung Hoon wife? Everything you want to know
Kim Hee Ae net worth
Kim has played so many lead roles in movies and TV shows. Over the years, she has managed to amass a significant amount of wealth. She is one of the richest actresses in the country. Her net worth is estimated to be about $10 million. Acting is her primary source of income.
There you have it. Everything you need to know about the most famous actress in South Korea, Kim Hae Ae. Well, as you have seen in this post, she has built a successful career in the television industry that spans more than three decades. Her net worth status is a testimony that it pays to be an actress.
READ ALSO: Yoon Eun Hye husband: Revealing the details