13-anyos na inanod umano sa Baseco Beach, patuloy na hinahanap
- Romel Baluyot, 13, remains missing after he was reportedly swept away while swimming at Baseco Beach in Manila
- Authorities are continuing search operations after strong currents and bad weather hampered earlier efforts
- His father said the teenager had originally asked permission to go out to use a computer before later going to the beach with a friend
- The family is hoping for news as rescuers resume efforts to locate the missing boy
PAY ATTENTION: stay informed and follow us on Google News!
Romel Baluyot remains missing after he was reportedly swept away by strong currents while swimming at Baseco Beach in Manila.

Source: UGC
According to a report by GMA News' Unang Balita, the search for the 13-year-old was set to continue on Tuesday morning after earlier operations failed to locate him.
His father, Ronald, said Romel had initially asked permission to go out and use a computer. He later learned that his son and a friend had decided to swim at the beach.
The father said Romel knew how to swim. However, the water had become rough as the southwest monsoon affected the area and the current grew stronger.
Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!
Romel's companion was able to reach safety, but the teenager was reportedly carried away by the current.
Based on the friend's account relayed by Ronald, he had tried to keep Romel from being swept away. The two eventually struggled against the strong water.
"Huwag kang bibitaw," the friend reportedly told him during the incident.
Ronald said he believed his son may not have been able to hold on any longer as they struggled against the current.
The Manila Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office said the incident was reported to them after 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Despite the bad weather, personnel from the local disaster office, Philippine Coast Guard, and Bureau of Fire Protection searched areas around Baseco Beach. They also checked the breakwater and portions of the Pasig River.
Officials said the changing direction of the current, along with intermittent heavy rain, made the search difficult.
Ronald later coordinated with the Coast Guard and was informed that search operations would resume the following morning.
"Hahanapin kita kahit anong mangyari, Romel, makita lang kita," the father said in an emotional message to his son.
Romel's mother also recalled that before he went missing, the boy had been planning to give a birthday gift to his older brother, whose birthday falls on August 19.
The mother became emotional as she spoke about her son and the plans he still had for his family.
Authorities also reiterated that swimming is prohibited at Baseco Beach. The MDRRMO said personnel are assigned to watch the area, but the children reportedly managed to get past them.
The office reminded the barangay to strengthen patrols around the beach to help prevent similar incidents.
Watch the video below:
In another report, Stephen Gelo Enriquez, a 38-year-old teacher, died after being shot outside his home in Barangay Poblacion, Sta. Maria, Bulacan. According to a Balitanghali report, the incident happened shortly after midnight on July 30. Police said the victim’s sister was inside their house when she heard a loud gunshot. She immediately went outside to check what had happened and found her brother seriously injured. The teacher was brought to a hospital for medical attention but later passed away.
Meanwhile, a man was shot dead outside a school in Barangay Prinza, Teresa, Rizal, on Thursday afternoon, triggering a police manhunt and leaving his family grieving. According to a report by GMA News' "Unang Balita," the victim was shot in the head at around 4 p.m. The gunman reportedly escaped immediately after the attack.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh


