5-year-old boy found dead in drainage pit in Davao City; drowning suspected
- The lifeless body of 5-year-old boy was discovered in a dug pit in Davao City
- The incident occurred in Barangay Tawan-Tawan on a Saturday night
- Police say no signs of foul play have been found so far
- Authorities continue to gather details while family remains silent
PAY ATTENTION: stay informed and follow us on Google News!
Authorities in Davao City are investigating the death of a five-year-old boy whose body was found floating inside a dug-out pit in Barangay Tawan-Tawan on Saturday night.

Source: UGC
According to a report aired on "Balitanghali" via GMA Regional TV, the pit was reportedly intended for the construction of a septic tank or “poso n&gro” when the child was discovered lifeless inside it.
The child’s body was already floating when residents found him, prompting immediate concern in the area.
Emergency responders and local authorities were later called to the scene to retrieve the remains and begin an initial assessment of the incident.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
Police investigators said there is currently no indication of foul play based on their initial findings.
However, they emphasized that the investigation is still ongoing as they work to determine the exact circumstances that led to the child’s death.
Officials are also looking into how the child may have accessed the construction site and whether proper safety measures were in place around the open pit at the time of the incident.
The tragic discovery has left the local community in shock, with residents expressing concern over the safety of children in areas where construction or excavation work is ongoing.
Authorities have reminded property owners and contractors to ensure that open pits and hazardous sites are properly secured to prevent similar accidents.
As of writing, the family of the five-year-old boy has not yet released any statement regarding the incident. Grief and questions remain as the community awaits further updates from investigators.
Police said additional reports will be released once more information becomes available and all relevant witnesses have been interviewed.
Still in other news, a 37-year-old resident of Bokod was apprehended for the alleged murder of his 74-year-old mother within their shared community. The grim discovery occurred when a nearby resident noticed remains partially exposed from a shallow grave in the area. Investigators uncovered forensic evidence and bloodstains within the residence that the suspect occupied with the deceased. Local police are currently conducting a deeper inquiry to determine the specific reasons behind this violent act.
In other developments, emergency responders in Zamboanga City successfully extracted a 10-foot python found coiled inside a parked car, an operation recorded in a Bureau of Fire Protection video that quickly went viral. In Aurora, wildlife officials safely released a Northern Luzon giant cloud rat back into its natural forest environment to help conserve the rare and elusive endemic species. Meanwhile, residents of Libon, Albay were surprised by the discovery of a five-meter oarfish—often called a “doomsday fish” in folklore—found dead along the shoreline of Barangay Pantao. While the incident sparked fears of possible seismic activity, marine experts are investigating environmental factors that may have driven the deep-sea fish to the surface.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh

