Albert Martinez is an actor, producer, and director in the Philippines. He is among the most celebrated icons in the Filipino film industry. Besides being proficient in acting, he is a great father to his three children.
Albert Martinez birthday is on April 19th, 1961. He was born in Cebu City to his mother Margarita Pineda and Bert Martinez, his dad. Albert Martinez age is, therefore, 58 years. He is of Spanish Filipino descent.
- Full name: Alberto Pineda Muhlach
- Nickname(s): Albert, Martinez
- Born: April 19, 1961
- Birthplace: Cebu City, Philippines
- Birth sign: Aries
- Country: the Philippines
- Occupation: Actor, director, producer
- Father: Bert Martinez
- Mother: Margarita Pineda
- Son: Alfonso
- Daughters: Alyanna and Alissa
- Brothers: Ronnie and William
- Sister: Bernadette
- Height: 1.7m
Albert Martinez movies and TV shows
This top actor started his career as a film actor. He took up the role of Glenn is the 1980 series known as Anna Liza. Below is a list of other movies this renowned star has appeared in.
- 1980: Totoo Ba Ang Tsismis
- 1981: Blue Jeans, Bata Pa si Sabel,
- 1982: Bakit Ba Ganyan? and Where Love Has Gone
- 1984: Teenage Marriage, Anak ni Waray and Anak ni Biday
- 1991: Yakapin Mo Ako Muli
- 1994: Talahib At Rosas, Pangako ng Kahapon, and Minsan Pa: Kahit Konting Pagtingin 2
- 1995: Segurista and Muling Umawit ng Puso
- 1996: Dyesebel, Bridesmaids, Gloria, Gloria Labandera
- 1997: Rizal sa Dapitan, Buhay Mo’y Buhay Ko rin
- 1998: Pusong Mamon, Bata, Bata… Pa’no Ka Ginawa?, Tatsulok and Nang Iniwan Mo Ako
- 1999: Scorpio Nights 2 and Ekis: Walang Tatakas
- 2000: Ika-13 Kapitulo
- 2001: Abakada Ina and Yamashita: The Tiger’s Treasure
- 2002: Laman
- 2003: Magnifico and Captain Barbell
- 2004: Anak Ka ng Tatay Mo
- 2005: Sandalang Bahay
- 2007: I’ve Fallen For You
- 2012: Born To Love You
- 2016: Oro
- 2017: Ang Panday
Below are the TV shows the star has featured in.
- 1980-85: Anna Liza
- 1995: Oki Doki Doc
- 2000-01: May Bukas Pa
- 2001: Larawan
- 2001-02: Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin
- 2002-03: Habang Kapiling Ka
- 2003-04: Twin Hearts
- 2005: Maynila
- 2006: Sa Piling Mo
- 2006-07: Komiks Presents: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko
- 2007: Princess Sarah and Maria Flordeluna
- 2008: Sineserye Presents: Kahit Isang Saglit, The Susan Roces Cinema Collection: Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara, I Am KC: Yes Sir! and Palos
- 2009: Maalaala Mo Kaya
- 2009-10: May Bukas Pa
- 2010: Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo and Maalaala Mo Kaya
- 2011: Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin, Green Rose, and 100 Days to Heaven
- 2011-12: Nasaan Ka Elisa?
- 2012-13: Princess and I
- 2013: Juan dela Cruz and My Little Juan
- 2014: Dyesebel and Sana Bukas pa ang Kahapon
- 2015-16: All of Me, FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano
- 2017: La Luna Sangre and The Good Son
- 2018: Bagani and Kadenang Ginto
- 2019: The General’s Daughter
Albert Martinez wife
Anna Lisa Muhlach Sumiland, also referred to Liezl Martinez, was born on March 27th, 1967, and died on March 14th 2015. She was also a Filipino actress, where she was referred to by her screen names, Anna-Lisa and Liezl. Her mother was Amalia Fuentes (1940-2019) and father Romeo Vasquez (1939-2017). Albert Martinez children with his wife Liezl are Alyanna, Alfonso, and Alissa.
Liezl was also from a renowned showbiz clan and began her theatre career at a tender age, and it spanned for various decades. Among the top movies she acted include Ibulong Mo sa Puso, Liezl at ang 7 hoods, and Portrait of an Angel.
Liezl was diagnosed with breast cancer in the year 2008. In 2011, she recovered from this disease and was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Despite this condition, she served as one of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) members. All through her fight with cancer, her husband Albert supported her. She met her death on March 14th, 2015.
Albert Martinez daughter wedding
Alissa Martinez, the daughter to actors Albert and Liezel (the late), married her partner Paulus Reyes. The wedding happened in Canada, Banff, on 18th October 2019.
The couple’s engagement happened in December 2018. The wedding took place two weeks after the passing on of Alissa’s maternal grandmother, Amalia Fuentes. The veteran actress, Amalia, passed away at 79 years.
Albert Martinez net worth
The net worth of Martinez is approximated at $275 million. Similar to other top Filipino stars, he has well-paying endorsement deals, smart stock investments, and significant property holdings. He has several Manila restaurants – Fat Martinez Burger chain, Manila Angels – a football team, and a Vodka brand - Pure Wondermartinez – Philippines. He is also the owner of Albert Martinez Seduction (fashion line) and a top perfume called With Love from Albert.
Albert Martinez brother
William, Albert’s younger brother, was born on 31st May 1966. The 53-year-old top actor struggled so much with depression and alcoholism following his stroke in November 2010. Later on, in 2010, he broke up with his wife - Yayo Aguila.
After about nine years of missing in the acting arena, William returned to the scene with a smashing film called 'Bakit Naging Huli Ang Simula.'
Albert Martinez height
Albert is approximately 1.7m tall.
Some of his most popular awards include:
- 1995: Best Supporting Actor – Metro Manila Film Festival (won)
- 2000: Best Actor - FAMAS Awards (won)
- 2004: Best Performance by an Actor on a Lead Role - Drama - Golden Screen Awards, Philippines(won)
- 2011: Best Director - FAMAS Awards(won)
Ever since his first movie, Albert Martinez has been very active in the film industry in the Philippines as shown above. He is still strong and it is expected that he will still produce and act more films in the future.