Vina Morales, whose real name is Sharon Garcia Magdayao, wears many hats. She is a singer, actress, and model. She has been active in the entertainment industry since 1986 when she featured in the film Nakagapos na Puso as a child actress.
She rose to fame after she won the Cebu Pop Music Festival's first prize with her English-language performance of the song Hope. Since then, she has been cast to play lead roles in films and television series. She has also built a name for herself in the music industry. Sharon is a multi-award-winning singer, and has released several songs and albums.
- Full names: Sharon Garcia Magdayao
- Vina Morales birthday: October 17, 1975
- Place of birth: Cebu, Philippines
- Vina Morales age: 44 years
- Gender: Female
- Nationality: Filipino
- Vina Morales height: 5 feet 2 inches
- Profession: Actress, singer, model
- Vina Morales Instagram: @vina_morales
Vina Morales biography
Morales was born on October 17, 1975, at Cebu, Philippines. Her father's name is Enrique Magdayao, while that of her mother is Deanne Magdayao. Vina's father is of Cebuano descent while her mother is of Spanish descent.
She has three sisters. The names of Vina Morales sisters are Sheila, Sheryl, and Shaina. Her older sister Shaina Magdayao is an actress and model.
During her teen years, her family moved to Manila so that she could audition for a film career in the Philippine film industry. She debuted her career as a child actress for the film Nakagapos na Puso (1986). Since then, she has been cast to play cameo and major roles in other films. Here are some of the films she has appeared in:
- Nakagapos na Puso (1986) as Mitzi Delfino
- Captain Barbell (1986) as Kidnap Victim
- Kumander Bawang (1988) as Vinia
- Bondying: The Little Big Boy (1989) as Bingbing
- Estudyante blues (1989) as Bebs
- Petrang Kabayo 2: Anong ganda mo! Mukha kang kabayo (1990) as Pinky
- Teacher's Enemy No. 1 (1990) as Trixie
- Maging sino ka man (1991) as Loleng
- Miss na miss kita (1992) as Bing
- Ang pagbabalik ni Pedro Penduko (1994) as Anna
- Campus Girls (1995) as Vangie
- Huwag Mong Isuko ang Laban (1996) as Cecilia
- Ang Boyfriend Kong Pari (1999) as Reggie
- Eto na naman ako (2000) as Ana María Ledesma
- Bonifacio: Ang Unang Pangulo (2014) as Gregoria de Jesús / Oriang
Here are some of the television shows and series she has appeared in:
- Lyra (1996 - 1997) as Edene
- Codename: Verano (2000) as Carmela Bernardo
- Darating ang Umaga (2003) as Arriana B. Cordero / Anya
- Maria Flordeluna (2007) as Maria Elvira
- Agua Bendita (2010) as Mercedes Montenegro-Cristi
- Wansapanataym: Ulo (2011) as Mia Gonzales
- Nasaan Ka Elisa? (2011-2012) as Cecilia
- May Isang Pangarap (2013) as Karina
- Nasaan Ka Nang Kailangan Kita (2015) as Cecilia
- Ipaglaban Mo: Pagkakamali (2016) as Mylene
- Born For You (2016) as Cathy
- Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Araw Gabi (2018) as Celestina de Alegre
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (2019) as Raquel
- Sandugo (2019) as Cordelia Nolasco-Balthazar
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (2020) as Elvira
Vina Morales songs
Aside from being a good actress, she is acclaimed to be an award-winning singer. She debuted her singing career at the age of nine years with the choir of Saint Vincent Ferrer Parish Church in Bogo. It was here that Viva Films spotted her talent and awarded her a singing and acting contract. She has released several albums including:
- Vina (1990)
- Forbidden (1992)
- Easy to Love (1995)
- Look at Me Now (1996)
- All That I Want (1998)
- No Limits (1999)
- Total Control (2001)
- Reflections (2002)
- Mamahalin Ka Niya (2004)
- Vina: Silver Series (2006)
- Awit ng Ating Buhay (2010)
Vina Morales net worth
She has amassed a significant amount of wealth over the course of her career as an actress and musician. Her net worth has been growing significantly over the years, and it is currently estimated at $6 million.
Her income source is mostly from being a successful actress. She also earns a good income from her award-winning songs and albums. Vina also earns a considerable amount of revenue from her business, Ystilo Salon, a beauty salon franchise.
Vina Morales husband
Is she married? Well, she is still single at the moment. She has been in several relationships in the past. Vina was romantically linked to Miguel Zubiri, who is a Filipino politician. She was in a relationship with Chinese-Filipino businessman Cedric Lee, and they had a daughter together. Vina Morales daughter's name is Ceana. She was born on April 25, 2009.
From her humble beginnings as a child actress in 1986, Vina Morales has risen through the ranks of her career to become one of the top Filipino actresses. She is also a household name in the music industry after releasing award-winning albums. Fans can only hope that she will continue to grace the television screens as an actress and singer in the future.