So, who is Gabbi Garcia? Garcia, whose real name is Gabriella Louise Ortega Lopez, wears many hats. She is an actress, singer, model, recording artist, and brand endorser. Garcia is known for her acting stints in popular television series such as Let the Love Begin.
Gabbi rose to fame when she was cast to play the role of Nicole Perez on GMA Network's primetime series My Destiny. Following the success of the television series, she became an in-demand actress. She was cast to play lead roles in some of the highly successful television series such as Encantadia and InstaDad.
- Full names: Gabriella Louise Ortega Lopez
- Gabbi Garcia birthday: December 2, 1998
- Place of birth: Makati, Philippines
- Gabbi Garcia age: 21 years
- Gender: Female
- Nationality: Filipino
- Gabbi Garcia height: 5 feet 7 inches
- Profession: Actress, singer, model
- Gabba Garcia Instagram: @gabbi
Gabbi Garcia biography
She was born on December 2, 1998 in Makati, Philippines. The names of Gabbi Garcia parents are Tes Lopez and Vince Pena Lopez. She is the second child in the family. Gabbi Garcia sister's name is Alexandra Deneece Lopez.
She attended St. Pauls College. Currently, she is pursuing a course in BS Music Business Management course at the prestigious MINT College at Taguig.
Gabbi was born and brought up in a very humble family in Makati. She always dreamed of a career in show business - whether as a model, actress or singer. In high school, she developed a keen interest in singing and dancing and enrolled in classes to polish her skills. The beauty pageant wins boosted her confidence, and she auditioned for roles on television series and movies.
Her big break came in 2014 when she went through several auditions during the casting process for the series My Destiny. She was lucky to land a supporting role in the television series. The experience was a dream come true for her as she starred in the series along with the famous Filipino TV stars such as Carla Abellana and Tom Rodriguez. Since then, she has been cast to play a role in the following GMA television series:
- Beautiful Justice (2019) as Sabrina "Brie" Cuevas
- Pamilya Roces (2018) as Jade Roces
- Sherlock Jr. (2018) as Lily Pelaez
- Daig Kayo ng Lola Ko: Witchikels (2018) as Winslet
- Encantadia (2016 - 2017) as Sang'gre Alena
- Naku, Boss Ko! (2016) as Cheverlyn "Che" Dimasupil
- InstaDad (2015) as Marikit
- Let the Love Begin (2015) as Sophia "Pia" Santa Maria
- Seasons of Love (2014) as Graciela "Gracia" Jimenez
- My Destiny (2014) as Nicole Perez
She made her film debut in the year 2016 with the film Laut. Here is a list of the films that she has appeared in:
- The Return of Godzilla (2018) as Toho
- Meant to Beh (2017) as Alexandra "Alex" Balatbat
- Laut (2016) as Shana'a
As a young girl, she participated in beauty pageants and won a few of them, including Ms Skin White in 2011 and Ms Solane in 2013. In 2017, she became the primary Pantene shampoo lady from her country.
She visited Australia to shoot the business, which was broadcasted on television screens worldwide. Garcia has done photo-shoots for many national and international magazines.
Awards and nominations
As an actress, Gabbi has been nominated for several awards. Here are some of the awards she has won:
- Pusong Sining for Best TV Personality Excellence Award during the Inding-Indie Short Film Festival in 2018.
- Huwarang Artista ng Kabataan award during the 4th Inding-Indie Film Festival in 2018.
- German Moreno Youth Achievement award during the 64th FAMAS Awards in 2016.
- Female Stylish Star of the Year award during the PEP List Awards Year 3 in 2016.
- Outstanding Breakthrough Performance by An Actress award during 6th Golden TV Screen Awards in 2015.
Gabbi Garcia boyfriend
Garcia is currently dating Khalil Ramos. Gabbi and Khalil went public about their relationship in July 2018. Recently, they celebrated their third year together. Garcia took to Instagram to pen the sweetest and most heartwarming anniversary message to her boyfriend. She wrote:
In a span of 3 years, I was filled with so much learnings. You taught me that there are different kinds of love and that it's not all about the butterflies in your stomach, or the flowers, or the sweet surprises. It's about your 'Partnership.' How one can drop everything and be selfless and give what your partner needs at the very moment. Love is not quantifiable. Love is not always fair, and it's okay ............... Here's to our love. Happy anniversary, Kali.
Gabbi Garcia latest news is all about how she is creatively coping with the separation with her boyfriend during the quarantine. The two came up with a new way to be reminded of each other while they are apart. With the help of the video conferencing app Zoom, Ramos captured her posing in the unlikeliest of places and joining him in mundane activities at home.
What happened to Gabbi Garcia and Ruru Madrid?
Gabbi and Ruru are famously known as the GabRu love team because of being tandem in series such as Let the Love Begin. The two are no longer working together. They were last seen on the pilot episode of Sherlock Jr. which aired on January 29, 2018. A few days later, on March 27, the character of Gabbi was killed off during the prime time show. GMA released a statement to explain why the two will no longer work together. It said:
As GMA Network’s home-grown talents, we want to give Ruru and Gabbi various projects that will develop their full potential as artists. We want to explore various possibilities and for now, they will have individual projects. We fully support their careers and likewise assure their fans and followers that they will still be seen in different Kapuso programs.
Garcia is very active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. She boasts of a huge fan base on all her social media accounts. You can check out Gabbi Garcia photos on her social media pages.
From a very humble background, she has risen through the ranks of her acting career to become one of the top Filipino television actresses. She is still in her early 20s and has a bright future ahead of her. We hope to see her take on leading roles in television series and films that will be released in the near future.