Registering as a member of an insurance scheme may be enough to have you covered by the insurance. However, accessing the facilities and services may be a little bit difficult if you do have the ID. Additionally, your membership and monthly payments do not guarantee you the ID you have to follow specific steps to possess it. Nonetheless, the process of how to get PhilHealth ID is easy and straightforward.
PhilHealth is a universal health insurance coverage in the Philippines. The scheme caters to the financial and medical requirements of the country's citizens. Even though every citizen can access financial assistance, being a member is voluntary. However, it is only by being a member that a citizen gets full access to the scheme's comprehensive medical services in any of their facilities.
For you to use the scheme's facilities and benefit fully from some of their most advanced services, possessing an identification document is a must.
How to get PhilHealth ID number
You can only get the ID number by becoming a member of the insurance scheme. An interested applicant becomes a member by submitting a set of requirements listed below.
- Two valid IDs or a photocopy of your NSO Birth Certificate
- Two filled copies of the PhilHealth Member Registration Form
- Two latest 1×1 passport size photos
The applicant will then get issued with a number that they will use during their monthly payments. The process of becoming a member is separate from that of getting the ID. After receiving the number, the applicant has to go through the process of how to get PhilHealth ID card to possess one.
READ ALSO: How to compute separation pay: step-by-step guide
How to get PhilHealth ID for senior citizen
There exists two options of how to get PhilHealth ID with picture in this category. Either through the Office of Senior Citizen Affair (OSCA) or via the Local Health Insurance Office (LHIO).
The steps are as follows.
Through the OSCA;
- Fill two copies of the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF).
- Submit the filled PMRF to the OSCA in the city or municipality where the elder resides.
- Wait for the Member Data Record (MDR) and Identification card. They will get issued through OSCA by the insurance.
Through the LHIO;
- Fill two copies of the Member Registration Form (PMRF).
- Attach 1 x 1 passport size photo taken within the last six months.
- Present Senior Citizens’ identification card issued by the OSCA in the city or municipality where the elderly reside or a valid government-issued ID.
- Submit filled PMRF.
- Wait for the MDR and the identification card.
READ ALSO: How to get tin number for unemployed: Explaining in details
How can I get my PhilHealth ID?
Depending on which type of ID one is looking for, there are procedures to be followed to possess one. Remember, there are two types of ID cards, as listed below.
- Regular PhilHealth ID card
- Digitized PhilHealth Insurance ID card
If you have made a choice on which of these cards you are applying for, the following steps of how to get Philhealth ID Philippines will be of great significance.
The PhilHealth regular ID card
If you are an employee and the employer filled the membership application on your behalf, the MDR and ID card shall get issued through the human resource. For those who became members through the online registration, the following steps of how to get PhilHealth ID after online registration should get adhered to.
- Visit any of their offices with your number and two valid IDs.
- Go to the officer-in-charge and get a Request Form.
- Fill the Request Form accurately. Check the box next to “PhilHealth Identification Card (PIC)”.
- Submit your accomplished Request Form to the officer.
The officer will process your request, and after a few minutes, your ID will be printed and issued to you.
The digitized PhilHealth Insurance ID card
The following steps are to be followed when applying for this particular identification card.
- Visit their website and download the registration form.
- Submit the filled form to the nearest Local Health Insurance Office, together with the Two 1×1 latest passport photos and Two copies of your valid ID.
- Two valid IDs above.
- Declare your dependents if applicable.
You will be required to pay P90 for the identification card.
There is also an additional payment of P358 if you wish to include your dependents.
How to get Philhealth ID number online
With advanced technology and internet access almost everyone, most services have been digitized. Are you looking for steps on how to get PhilHealth ID online? You can apply for your for it using the procedure enlisted below.
- Go to the organization's website then click the "Online Services" link.
- Click the "Register link" in the electronic registration section under "Membership".
- Once you reached the electronic registration system page, click on "Proceed".
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload your supporting documents such as a birth certificate or driving license.
- Review all information before proceeding.
- Tick the checkbox to confirm that the information entered is correct and accurate and click Submit Registration.
- Wait for the confirmation e-mail upon completion of the registration.
Your identification card number will also be sent to you.
How to get PhilHealth ID if lost
Losing identity documents is one common thing among people. Suppose you lost this identification card, how then do you replace it?
The procedure of replacing your lost ID is the same as the application of the regular ID above. However, in this particular case, applicants are required to submit an additional requirement called an affidavit of loss.
With the application steps on how to get PhilHealth ID enumerated above, you can now fill comfortable with the application process. Follow the step required for the specific cards and in the case of replaced submit the request together with an affidavit of loss. Other than being prof of membership, the ID will make it possible for your to access medical facilities and services anywhere at any given time.
READ ALSO: How to share points in Globe: step-by-step guide