Do you want to serve graham balls at your next family gathering? Are you planning to start a food business and want these munchkins on the menu? Or are you merely craving for some of these delicacies and don't want the bought ones? Knowing how to make graham balls should be the next thing on your agenda.
Graham balls are graham cracker crumbs typically mixed with milk and cream to form a consistent and firm ball shape. These round snacks can be made for a very satisfying Friday night TV food. With a few steps, you will know how to make graham balls easy.
How to make graham balls step by step
These simple, quick, and easy step-by-step graham balls recipe will turn you into a dessert expert in no time. To make the classic graham ball, all you need are the following ingredients:
- 8 cups graham cracker crumbs (or 1 pack 200g MY San Honey Graham Crackers) (Alternatively, you can get La Pacita if MY San is not available in your local grocery)
- 1 (14 ounces) can condensed milk (Nestle or other brands)
- 1 (12.8 ounces) all-purpose cream (optional)
Fun fact: If you like experimenting with desserts, then you'll find that these are very similar to graham cake ingredients.
- Using a rolling pin or a similar object, crush your graham crackers in a zip-lock bag until they are reduced into fine crumbs. You can skip this step if you already have the crushed variant.
- In a clean bowl, combine 7 cups of the crushed crackers, one can of condensed milk, and one can all-purpose cream. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients with a mixing spoon until you achieve a consistency that is firm enough to form the shape of a ball - not too wet, but not too dry, either.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls and shape into 1 1/2 -inch balls by rolling between palms of hands until smooth. You might want to wear food-grade gloves if you are making these for a business to avoid violating any health codes.
- Gently roll in the remaining ½ cup of the cracker crumbs to thoroughly coat. Place rounded product in small muffin liners or arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Voila! You now have created the most basic version of these delicious snacks. As a bonus, you have just learned how to make munchkins - or at least, the no-bake variety of it.
If you want to play around with these graham ball recipe a little bit more, there are a few more variants you can give a shot. How to make graham balls with a twist?
READ ALSO: Instant 'mango float' ng isang lalaki, kinagiliwan ng mahigit 100k na netizens
How to make graham balls coated with chocolate
Here are the ingredients and steps:
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 chocolate bar of your choice
- 1/2 cup of candy sprinkles (optional)
- Follow the procedure for the basic variant.
- Grab a bar of your favorite chocolate and break it to pieces into a bowl.
- Toss it in the microwave until it's fully melted then take it out.
- While the melted chocolate is still hot, dip the cold graham rounds in using a fork. Tap it gently so the excess chocolate will drip. If the balls begin to fall apart whilst in the fork, then your mixture was too dry
- Set aside the balls to be chilled again so the chocolate coating can return to its firm texture. Sprinkles make any snack look attractive, so you want to know how to make graham balls with sprinkles. Simply roll the finished product in a bowl of sprinkles.
Note: Melting chocolate chips will work, too. If you don't have a microwave, melting chocolate over low heat with a non-stick pan will work too, but make sure that you do not burn it.
How to make graham balls with fillings
Here are the steps and ingredients:
- 1 cup filling of your choice
- Prepare your fillings - they can be anything from chilled jams, chocolate chips, hazelnut spreads, peanut butter, candy-coated nuts, marshmallows, etc. Set them aside.
- Follow the procedure for the basic variant of these snacks. As you are rolling the graham mixture with your hands to form a ball, gently press on the center with your thumbs to create a hole deep enough for your filling. (Note: if you are using jams or spreads such as Nutella as a filling, make sure to chill them first for a firmer consistency - it would be a mess to have your filling to ooze out of the finished product). Adjust the size of the ball as needed to contain the filling.
- Follow the rest of the basic procedure. You can also follow this variant of the recipe if you want to know how to make graham balls with mallows.
How to make graham balls with mango
Here are the steps and ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized sweet mango
- Scrape the contents of your mango into a bowl.
- In that same bowl, combine 7 cups of the crushed grah@m crackers, one can of condensed milk, and one can all-purpose cream. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients with a mixing spoon until you achieve a consistency that is firm enough to form the shape of a ball - not too wet, but not too dry, either.
- Follow the rest of the basic recipe. Alternatively, you can melt marshmallows in the microwave and throw them into the mix. Once cooled, your finished product will have an exciting, gummy texture. That's how to make graham balls with marshmallow.
After an era of everything being super-sized, who would have thought that major companies would be racing to market smaller, lower-calorie versions of their snacks and beverages - from half-sized candy bars to little, mini soda cans? We see it everywhere we go. - Michelle Obama
Fueled by their trend in social media networks, these delicious and rounds snacks have become an iconic, easy-to-make finger food in the Philippines. Everyone with a sweet tooth should know how to make graham balls.
READ ALSO: Estudyanteng nagtitinda sa kanilang school, hinangaan din sa pagkanta