Lalaki, nasawi matapos matagpuang walang malay sa baha sa Caloocan
- Ronaldo Cruz, 58, died after he allegedly suffered a heart attack and collapsed in deep floodwaters in Caloocan City
- His family said the severe flooding made it difficult for rescuers to quickly bring him to a hospital
- Around 10 men reportedly worked together to carry the unconscious victim through the strong flood current
- Residents later called for proper and working flood control projects in their area to prevent similar incidents
MAKI-TINGIN KA NAMAN: Pwede ka nang mag-comment sa mga artikulo ng KAMI! Subukan mo, madali lang!
Ronaldo Cruz, a 58-year-old man from Caloocan City, died after he allegedly suffered a heart attack and collapsed in deep floodwaters, according to his family.

Source: Youtube
In a report by Jonathan Andal on GMA's "Saksi," residents and rescuers were seen working together to bring the unconscious man out of the flooded area.
The victim was reportedly found submerged in the water and no longer conscious.
Because of his weight and the difficulty of moving through the flood, around 10 men helped carry him using a chair.
Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!
Their rescue effort was made more difficult by the strong current, which was flowing against the direction they needed to take to get out of the flooded area.
A rescue boat from Barangay 32 later arrived and the victim was transferred onto it.
According to the report, it took about half an hour before Ronaldo reached the hospital.
However, he was declared dead upon arrival.His family is now mourning his death.
One of his relatives said Ronaldo became nervous and panicked because of the rising floodwaters.
"Nerbyoso po si papa eh," the family member said.
The relative believed he might have had a better chance of receiving immediate medical attention if the roads had not been severely flooded.
"Siguro po mas nabigyan ng chance 'yung father ko kung walang baha po nung time na 'yun kasi mas magiging accessible po 'yung daan, mas mabilis papunta sa ospital po," the family member said.
His relatives said Ronaldo went outside their home to turn off the circuit breaker as the flood continued to rise. They later found him under the floodwater.
According to the family, the water had already reached chest level around the area. Residents also described the flooding as deep and fast-moving in some portions of the barangay.
Following the incident, residents appealed for a proper and functional flood control system in their community.
Ronaldo's child also expressed hope that another family would not have to experience the same tragedy.
The family member called for funds intended for flood control projects to be properly used, saying such measures could help prevent situations where lives are placed at risk during severe flooding.
Watch the video below:
In another report, Stephen Gelo Enriquez, a 38-year-old teacher, died after being shot outside his home in Barangay Poblacion, Sta. Maria, Bulacan. According to a Balitanghali report, the incident happened shortly after midnight on July 30. Police said the victim’s sister was inside their house when she heard a loud gunshot. She immediately went outside to check what had happened and found her brother seriously injured. The teacher was brought to a hospital for medical attention but later passed away.
Meanwhile, a man was shot dead outside a school in Barangay Prinza, Teresa, Rizal, on Thursday afternoon, triggering a police manhunt and leaving his family grieving. According to a report by GMA News' "Unang Balita," the victim was shot in the head at around 4 p.m. The gunman reportedly escaped immediately after the attack.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh


