- The Department of Health (DOH) has confirmed the circulating reports about the second coronavirus death in the Philippines
- The patient identified as “PH35” who reportedly died is a 67-year-old Filipino woman
- She was admitted at the Manila Doctors Hospital in Manila City
- The said patient is also the first Filipino national who died due to coronavirus
- The DOH earlier reported that there is now a total of 49 patients who tested positive for COVID-19
The Department of Health (DOH) has confirmed on Wednesday night the circulating reports about the second coronavirus death in the Philippines.
KAMI learned that the DOH made the announcement through their official Facebook page.
In the post, DOH said that the patient identified as PH35 was admitted at the Manila Doctors Hospital in Manila City.
“The Department of Health (DOH) confirms circulating reports regarding the death of a confirmed COVID-19 patient in Manila,” it read on the post.
“The reported death is the patient with ID PH35 confined at Manila Doctors Hospital in Manila City,” it added.
However, the health agency is still gathering and validating additional information about the death of the 67-year-old patient.
The recent recorded death is the second fatality recorded in the Philippines. She is also the first Filipino national to die due to COVID-19 in the country.
As previously reported by KAMI, the DOH announced an additional 16 cases of coronavirus in the Philippines. The country has now a total of 49 patients who tested positive for COVID-19 as of posting time.
The Philippines' first death due to coronavirus was a 44-year-old Chinese man. He was also the first patient who died outside mainland China.
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
Paano nga ba nagsimula ang Hazelberry Cafe ni Ara Mina? Gusto mo bang matikiman ang mga ito? Magpapamigay sila ng libreng cupcake! Panuorin para malaman kung paano ka makakakuha sa KAMI HumanMeter YouTube Channel!