The lovers of K-pop have a huge variety of music to listen to because the groups are so many. However, because of its exceptional performances and great music KARD has a massive fan base. Since their debut, they have continued to grow in popularity and steal the hearts of many people. What is there to know about KARD profile?
KARD is a pop group formed in 2016 by DSP Media. They, however, debuted on 19th July 2017 with an extended play called “Hola Hola.” The members are J.Seph, BM, Somin, and Jiwoo. Their main genre of music is K-pop, although they also do Hip-Hop and Dance-hall. We have compiled for you the KARD profile.
KARD profile Kpop
- Name: KARD
- Origin: South Korea
- Years active: 2016 – present
- Website: www.kard-official.com
KARD members profile
The group is made up of two ladies and two gents making it a mixed- gender team. The profile of the members is as follows:
KARD members BM
- Name: Kim Woo Jin, Matthew Kim
- Stage name: BM
- Birth-date: 20th October 1992
- Position: Lead rapper, main director
- Card: King
Facts about BM
- His name stands for Big Matthew
- He is the most popular member of the group.
- He represents the letter “K” from the group name.
- BM is a great dancer.
- He was born in Los Angeles, U.S
- He said he chose the King card because the King is the most dependable and strongest card, so he is the solid foundation of the team.
KARD members J.seph
- Name: Kim Tae Hyung
- Stage name: J.seph
- Birth-date: 21st June 1992
- Position: Main rapper, sub dancer
- Card: Ace
Facts about J.seph
- DSP Media had planned to introduce him and BM in a hip-hop duo.
- He represents the letter “A.”
- His team mates identify him as a funny guy.
- J.seph wants to go into acting.
- His role model is Cristiano Ronaldo.
- During a debut party, he explained that he chose the Ace card because the ace can either be the lowest card that supports the team or the highest card that is sharp.
KARD members Jiwoo
- Name: Jeon Ji Woo
- Stage name: Jiwoo
- Birth-date: 4th October 1996
- Position: Lead vocal, sub rapper, lead dancer
- Card: Color joker
Facts about Jiwoo
- She trained with DSP media for only two months before debuting in KARD.
- According to the KARD profile, member Jiwoo represents the letter R.
- She is the most flexible in the group.
- She majored in clarinet for six years.
- Jiwoo has a brother but they are not close.
- She explained that she chose the color joker because she brings color to the teams’ singing, dancing, rapping, and music.
KARD members Somin
- Name: Jeon So Min
- Stage name: Somin
- Birth-date: 22nd August 1996
- Position: Main vocal
- Card: Black joker
Facts about Somin
- She was a member of a DSP Media Japanese girl group before she debuted in KARD.
- She represents the letter “R.”
- She has two older sisters.
- Somin learned ballet in elementary school.
- She can play the violin and piano.
- She explained that, depending on the situation, the black joker can be the best card. So, she can show various appeals that she has.
The group also has a Hidden member. Letter “D” in the group name represents “Hidden.” They have been claims that they are about three. However, DSP Media has only officially revealed the identity of one.
They revealed her name on the groups' official channel on 8th Dec 2016. She is Heo Young Ji, who appeared in the song “Oh Na Na.” She is also a former member of KARA.
The quadruplet has various extended plays and music videos since their debut in 2017. They are:
- Extended plays
- Hola Hola (July 2017)
- You & Me (Nov 2017)
- Ride on the Wind (July 2018)
- Oh Na Na
- Don’t Recall
- Hola Hola
- Living Good
- Bomb Bomb
- Dumb Litty
How old are they?
KARD members age difference between the boys and the girls is four years. Interestingly, the gents are only older than each other by a few months, and so are the ladies. Here is a list of the KARD members oldest to youngest:
- J.seph: 27 years
- BM: 27 years
- Somin: 23 years
- Jiwoo: 23 years
Are KARD members dating?
The team has a really warm and sincere friendship with each other. It is probably for that reason that the KARD members' names are on blogs claiming that they are dating each other. However, they all agree that their relationship is professional, and they see each other as siblings.
During an interview with Xports News, Jiwoo said,
We practice together, eat together and were not family. Dating each other doesn’t make sense. I don’t think it will ever happen. I can promise that.
The group mates have their own private social media accounts. The KARD members Instagram is as follows:
The group's official social media accounts are:
This award-winning group has been a consistent entertainer for all Kpop lovers. Their amazing chemistry helps them to deliver great show-stopping music. For this reason, many people want to know all about the KARD profile, and we have provided just that. We hope they will continue to deliver in this way for many years to come.