Bulacan State University, popularly referred to as BSU or BulSU, is a state-operated higher education institution in the Philippines, Central Luzon region. The institution is chattered to provide technical and professional training as well as promoting advanced studies, research, and progressive leadership.
Bulacan is a leading institution for anyone who would want to get quality education and skills. As a famous university is not the only Philippines but also the whole world, only outstanding students with good morals and the required credentials are admitted to various disciplines. Find out more about Bulacan State University careers, its history, contacts, and much more below.
Bulacan State University history
BulSU started as an intermediate institution in 1904. It was put in place by the Americans who had occupied the country. Philippine Commission Act, 74 of 1901, favoured this by creating a department of public instruction that had the mandate of establishing learning institutions in every town.
In 1945, BulSU faced a lot of damages as a result of the second world war. The Bulacan State University tragedy in this period forced it to close down its operations. Materials and a few hand tools were donated to the school by the US Army. This saw the renovation of damaged classes and facilities. Consequently, the number of admitted students rose at a steady rate as of 1949.
Recently, BulSU has undergone a massive upgrade and reconstruction of facilities.
Bulacan State University president
Dr Cecilia S. Navasero-Gascon is the current BSU president. She is no stranger to pioneering change, and her achievements show this clearly. From transforming a small college to a State University and strategically running BulSU, she has overshadowed in her career path.
Bulacan State University courses
BulSU offers a wide range of disciplines. They include the following classified under their respective schools for easy identification.
College of Architecture and Fine Arts (CAFA)
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Visual Communication
- College of Arts and Letters (CAL)
- Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Bachelor of Performing Arts (Theater Track)
College of Business Administration (CBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Business Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Financial Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting Information System
College of Criminal Justice Education (CCJE)
- Bachelor of Arts in Legal Management
- Bachelor of Science in Criminology
College of Hospitality and Tourism Management (CHTM)
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management
College of Information and Communications Technology (CICT)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
College of Industrial Technology (CIT)
- Bachelor of Industrial Technology major in Computer
- Bachelor of Industrial Technology major in Drafting
- Bachelor of Industrial Technology major in Electrical
- Bachelor of Industrial Technology major in Electronics
- Bachelor of Industrial Technology major in Mechanical
- Certificate in Two-Year Technology major in Foods
- Certificate in Two-Year Technology major in Welding and Fabrication
- Certificate in Two-Year Technology major in Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning
College of Law (CLaw)
- Bachelor of Laws
College of Nursing (CN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
College of Engineering (COE)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
College of Education (COED)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Technical Vocational Teacher Education with specialization in Foods and Service Management
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Filipino
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Sciences
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Social Studies
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in Values Education
- Bachelor of Technical Vocational Teacher Education with specialization in Garments, Fashion and Design
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English minor in Mandarin
College of Science (CS)
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Math with Specialization in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Math with Specialization in Applied Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Math with Specialization in Business Applications
College of Sports, Exercise and Recreation (CSER)
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sports Sciences with specialization in Fitness and Sports Coaching
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Sports Sciences with specialization in Fitness and Sports Management
College of Social Sciences and Philosophy (CSSP)
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Bulacan State University graduate school
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Public Administration
- Master in Physical Education
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Public Administration
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Engineering Program
- Master of Industrial Technology Management
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
- Master of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Manufacturing Engineering
Bulacan State University admission requirements
You should have the following minimum requirements before applying for any of the above undergraduate courses:
- You should have graduated from a known senior high school.
- A general point average of above 85% is mandatory for the first and second semesters of your grade 11.
- 83% average is required for grade 11 non-board programs.
- If you are applying to the College of Education, you should be in the upper 10% of the graduating class.
- Good morals and health.
International students are additionally required to fulfil the following:
- A student visa issued by the immigration department
- Full tuition fees paid as per the international rates
- Academic records and immigration documents hard copies.
Bulacan State University entrance exam
Since many students want to join this institution, a pre-test is offered to select only a few out of the thousands of applicants. The exam date and the room details are sent to your former schools.
On the specified date and time, you should bring the following with you:
- A black ballpoint pen
- School ID for identification
- Certified copies of the application form
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the former school signed and sealed by the principal
- 2 ID pictures in a white background
- Proof from your former principal that you belong to the upper 10%
Bulacan State University uniform
BulSU requires admitted students to adhere to specific proper dress codes.
- Daily uniform: This is usually worn on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. The rest are free days, and you can wear anything that doesn’t offend other community members.
- Black shoes should be used only when in uniform.
- Males having long hair should maintain it properly
- Hair colour should be used with limit
- Earrings are prohibited among the male population.
Bulacan State University address, contacts, and campuses
In case of any inquiries or clarifications, contact the institution Ivia the following addresses;
- Physical location: Guinhawa, City of Malolos, Bulacan
- Phone number: 919-7800
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: bulsu.edu.ph
The main campus offers all of the above-listed programmes. Reach out via the listed Bulacan State University contact number or email for support.
READ ALSO: Erwan Heussaff schools everyone in French
Bulacan State University Bustos campus
Located in Brgy Poblacion, this is the largest branch and was established in 1976. It offers a wide variety of courses.
Bulacan State University Sarmiento campus
Sarmiento was started in the year 1998 at the City of San Jose del Monte, Bulacan.
Put in place in 2011, Hogonoy is situated in Brgy Iba-Carillo, Hagonoy, Bulacan. It offers quality undergraduate and postgraduate programmes ranging from the ones listed in this article.
Bulacan State University is the best international institution you can take your undergraduate course or further your studies. With state-of-the-art facilities, learners have access to all the types of machines, books and many other materials they need for practice and efficient learning.