- Bongbong Marcos will not be joining the presidential debate hosted by Comelec
- His spokesperson, Atty. Vic Rodriguez, has already confirmed this
- Rodriguez noted that on the day of the debate, which is slated on March 19, BBM camp would rather spend the day campaigning
- He also mentioned that Marcos would continue with their chosen campaign method, which is face-to-face interaction with voters
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Bongbong Marcos has officially declared that he will not be joining the presidential rally, which was organized by the Commission on Elections on March 19.
In a Facebook post, Rodriguez explained that they will continue with their campaign on that day.
"On Comelec debate. I confirm our non-participation in the Comelec sanctioned debate this coming Saturday, March 19, 2022."
PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
There will be nine presidential aspirants who will be attending the debate.
- Labor leader Leody De Guzman
- Manila Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso
- Senator Panfilo Lacson
- Former Defense secretary Norberto Gonzales
- Businessman Faisal Mangondato
- Physician Jose Montemayor, Jr.
- Senator Manny Pacquiao
- Vice President Leni Robredo
Previously, Bongbong also did not attend the debates. There were already two debates, which Bongbong failed to attend. One was hosted by GMA News and the other was by CNN.
Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, also popularly known as BBM, is a Pinoy politician famous for being the only son of the late President Ferdinand Edralin Marcos. He served as Ilocos governor from 1998 to 2007 and then as congressman after stepping down as governor.
Bongbong Marcos was interviewed today by famous television host Korina Sanchez. Korina also cooked some Filipino dishes with the presidential candidate. They cooked the classic Filipino dish pinakbet and bagnet aside from having an interview. In her Instagram post, Korina also shared some of the questions she asked Bongbong.
Toni Gonzaga took to her IG Stories and posted a photo of her and BBM. The photo shows both of them on the stage of the recently held BBM rally. She captioned the photo with, "You're welcome my President." The ex-PBB host posted this amid the criticisms she received for endorsing Rep. Marcoleta.