Mother and son injured in machete attack inside Cebu City home
- A mother and her son were injured after a man allegedly attacked them with a machete inside their home in Cebu City
- Police said the suspect had earlier caused trouble at a dance gathering in Barangay Paril
- The suspect was reportedly confronted and removed from the event before the attack took place
- Authorities arrested the 22-year-old suspect and recovered the machete allegedly used in the incident
PAY ATTENTION: stay informed and follow us on Google News!
A mother and her son were injured after a 22-year-old man allegedly attacked them with a machete inside their home in Barangay Paril, Cebu City.

Source: UGC
According to a report aired on GMA News Unang Balita on Wednesday, the incident stemmed from a confrontation at a dance gathering where the suspect was allegedly causing trouble.
Police investigators said the suspect was reprimanded by the father of the victims after he reportedly disrupted the event. He was eventually told to leave the gathering.
Authorities are looking into the possibility that the suspect later took his anger out on the family. The mother and her son were reportedly asleep inside their home when the alleged attack occurred.
Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!
The victims sustained injuries in the incident and were brought to a hospital for treatment. Their condition was not immediately detailed in the report, but they were said to be recovering while authorities pursued the case against the suspect.
Police later arrested the man and recovered the machete believed to have been used in the attack.
Despite the evidence recovered by authorities, the suspect denied committing the crime.
The suspect is now facing a complaint for frustrated murder in connection with the attack. The case will proceed as authorities continue to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident and determine the appropriate charges based on the evidence gathered.
The incident has also raised concern among residents, particularly because the alleged attack happened inside the victims' home after an earlier confrontation at a public gathering.
Authorities are expected to rely on witness accounts, the recovered weapon, and other evidence as the investigation continues. Meanwhile, the injured mother and son remain under medical care as they recover from the injuries sustained during the alleged machete attack.
Police have not indicated whether additional charges will be filed as the investigation develops.
Meanwhile, authorities in Bokod, Benguet, arrested a 37-year-old man in connection with the alleged killing of his 74-year-old mother, who reportedly lived with him in the same community. The case came to light after a nearby resident noticed what appeared to be human remains protruding from a shallow grave. Police later found bloodstains and other pieces of evidence inside the residence shared by the suspect and the victim. Investigators are continuing to examine the circumstances surrounding the woman's death and the possible motive behind the alleged crime.
Elsewhere, emergency responders in Zamboanga City carried out an unusual rescue operation after a 10-foot python was discovered inside a parked vehicle. The Bureau of Fire Protection documented the removal of the large snake, with footage of the incident later gaining widespread attention online. In Aurora, wildlife authorities released a Northern Luzon giant cloud rat into its natural forest habitat as part of efforts to protect the rare endemic species and support its continued survival in the wild.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh


