Raymond Gutierrez calls for better public service: ‘We deserve better’

Raymond Gutierrez calls for better public service: ‘We deserve better’

  • Raymond Gutierrez shared a strong message about the state of the country through his Instagram Stories
  • The TV host questioned why some people remain focused on fashion while Filipinos face more serious concerns
  • Without naming anyone, he said the public deserves better from government officials and their families
  • His statement came as heavy rains and flooding continued to affect parts of Metro Manila and nearby areas

Raymond Gutierrez has spoken up about the current situation in the Philippines, saying Filipinos deserve better from their public servants and their families.

Raymond Gutierrez
Photo: @mond on Instagram
Source: Instagram

In a post shared through his Instagram Stories, the TV host and fashion personality contrasted discussions about fashion and sales with the problems being experienced in the country.

"While others are so focused on fashion and what's on sale or not, this is the state of our country. We deserve better from our public servants and their families," Raymond wrote.

The post nevertheless carried a clear message about where he believes attention should be placed. Instead of focusing on fashion-related matters, the host pointed to the situation being faced by ordinary Filipinos.

Read also

Raymond Gutierrez, pinatamaan ang umano’y focused sa fashion imbis sa sakuna

Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!

His statement came as parts of Metro Manila continued to experience flooding following persistent rains brought by the southwest monsoon. On August 18, Metro Manila remained under flood watch, with some roads in Quezon City reported to be impassable because of floodwaters.

Reports also said weeks of intermittent monsoon rains and a storm had affected millions of people in the Philippines, with thousands staying in emergency shelters across northern provinces.

Raymond's mention of fashion also stood out because it is an industry he has long been involved in.

Earlier in August, the television personality talked about attending Fashion Week abroad and explained how invitations from international fashion houses work. He shared that he has maintained relationships with major brands and considers being invited to their shows an achievement as a fashion enthusiast and consumer.

Despite his own interest in fashion, his latest Instagram Story suggested that he believes bigger national concerns deserve attention.

Read also

Ina ni Sue Ramirez na si Chit Dodd, pumanaw kamakailan lang

The host has also recently returned to Philippine television through Bilyonaryo News Channel's Agenda. He joined the program as an anchor alongside Korina Sanchez-Roxas, Pinky Webb, and Willard Cheng, bringing his experience in entertainment, lifestyle, and hosting to the newscast.

Raymond previously said that his return to hosting also requires him to be more careful about the information he discusses, especially in an era when statements can quickly circulate online.

Raymond Gutierrez

Source: Instagram

Raymond Gutierrez is a well-known Filipino television host, entrepreneur, and prominent member of the famous Gutierrez showbiz family, recognized for hosting major lifestyle and reality programs like The Buzz and It Takes Gutz to Be a Gutierrez. Based between Manila and Los Angeles, he is also highly regarded as an influential fitness advocate, fashion personality, and active voice within the LGBTQ+ community.

In another report, Richard Gutierrez confirmed that AI technology was used for visual enhancements in selected scenes of "Blood vs Duty." The actor clarified that artificial intelligence was not utilized to generate entire sequences for the action series. He also warned that relying too much on AI could affect the authenticity and integrity of filmmaking. Gerald Anderson likewise shared concerns about how the continued growth of AI may impact jobs within the entertainment industry.

Read also

Bianca Gonzalez, may hinaing sa paulit-ulit na pagbaha; prangka ang banat niya

Meanwhile, Richard Gutierrez opened up about his experience working with Barbie Imperial in the action series "Blood vs Duty." The actor admitted that he felt nervous before collaborating with Barbie for the first time. He shared that their scenes were only recently filmed, making the project a new experience for both of them. Richard also expressed gratitude to the production team and excitement for audiences to finally watch the series.

Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!

Source: KAMI.com.gh

Authors:
Rose Dabu avatar

Rose Dabu (Editor)