- The Sandiganbayan has released its decision over the P102-billion forfeiture case of the Marcos family
- The anti-graft court has junked the aforementioned case
- The decision stated that the PCGG failed to present sufficient evidence
The anti-graft court of Sandiganbayan has recently junked the P102-billion forfeiture case against the late President Ferdinand Marcos and former First Lady Imelda Marcos, as well as 11 of their cronies.
KAMI learned that the 67-page ruling mentioned that the Presidential Commission on Good Government (PCGG) has failed to present sufficient evidence over the alleged ill-gotten wealth of the Marcoses.
In a report of the GMA News Online (author Llanesca Panti), here are the accusations against the Marcoses:
- Participated in extending loan accommodation to Aklan Bulk Carriers, Inc., Fuga Bulk Carriers, Inc., Coron Bulk Carriers, Inc., and Ecija Bulk Carriers, Inc.
- Appropriated revenues derived from the operations of RPN-9, IBC-13 and BBC-2 for their own benefit and unjust enrichment and income
- Allowed their 11 other co-accused to hold and launder purloined funds for and in their behalf prior to remittance and credit to their overseas or foreign accounts
- Participated in the establishment of the California Overseas Bank
PAY ATTENTION: Submit to email@example.com your personal story, along with related photos or videos, and get a chance to make an impact on other people’s lives! If your story gets chosen, our video team will make a special feature about it so that others can learn and be inspired by your journey.
"It saddens the Court that it took more than 30 years before this case is submitted for decision and yet, the prosecution failed to present sufficient evidence to sustain any of the causes of action against the remaining defendants," it read in the decision.
As reported by ABS-CBN News, the PCGG said that the Marcoses had a “$5 billion to $10 billion” deposited and hidden abroad.
In a previous report by KAMI, Sandiganbayan has temporarily set Imelda Marcos free and allowed her to post bail regarding the 7 counts of graft charged against her.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
KAMI presents to you a new and surprising experiment we did on the internet: Live Chat With Random Strangers Sometimes Turns Weird! – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!