- A Supreme Court decision has affirmed that marital infidelity is a form of emotional anguish, translating it into a form of violence against women
- Since it is a form of violence, the Supreme Court ruled that it is also punishable under the Anti-Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC) or the Republic Act 9262
- The man who was not faithful to his wife was sentenced to six months up to eight years of imprisonment for cheating on his wife, causing her to suffer from emotional anguish
- Aside from the imprisonment, he was ordered to pay a P100,000 fine and P25,000 in moral damages
- The guy was also directed by the highest tribunal to undergo mandatory psychological counseling or psychiatric treatment
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
In a recent decision of the Supreme Court, the high court rendered marital infidelity punishable under R.A. 9262 or VAWC.
The high court said that marital infidelity causes emotional anguish to the wife.
This in turn is regarded as violence against the wife. The husband, aside from imprisonment was also made to pay P100,000 fee as a fine and P25,000 in moral damages.
The decision was penned by Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta and it was concurred by Associate Justices Jose Reyes, Jr., Benajamin Caguioa and Amy Lazaro-Javier.
PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback
The incidences concerning marriages are rampant in today's times. In fact, these complaints are often heard on Raffy Tulfo in Action. Idol Raffy has always been sought by many concerned netizens, airing complaints related to love.
In one episode of the program, a wife bravely confronted the mother of the mistress of her husband. What made it worse was that the mistress was also a friend of her daughter.
There was also a funny episode where a husband who got married to his mistress, turned into a "good boy" because of Idol Raffy.
Raffy Tulfo in Action is a public service program. It is headed by Raffy Tulfo himself, a known broadcaster in the Philippines. He is married to Jocelyn P. Tulfo and they have two children.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!