- Joey De Leon, in an interview with MJ Marfori, spoke for the first time about the transfer of TVJ to TV5
- Today, June 7, MediaQuest released a statement confirming that it has entered into an agreement with TVJ and the “Dabarkads” to provide content for TV5
- MediaQuest also stated that TVJ would also be providing content for all other companies under the firm
- In a subsequent interview, Joey talked about various things they have gone through and learned over several decades of being together and hosting Eat Bulaga
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!"Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Joey De Leon, in a recent interview with MJ Marfori, spoke for the first time about the transfer of TVJ from GMA7 to TV5.
It can be recalled that on May 31, Joey, along with brothers Tito and Vic Sotto, otherwise known as TVJ, announced their separation from TAPE, Inc., the producer of “Eat Bulaga,” where the trio are the main hosts.
Their co-hosts, also referred to as “Dabarkads,” along with the staff and personnel of “Eat Bulaga,” tendered their resignation to TAPE en masse in a show of solidarity to TVJ.
TAPE has since then replaced them with new hosts and started re-airing “Eat Bulaga” live last June 5, Monday.
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Just today, June 7, or only two days after TAPE started airing the same brand on GMA7, albeit with new hosts, MediaQuest released a statement confirming they have entered into an agreement with TVJ.
According to the statement, TVJ would provide content for TV5, as well as to the affiliate companies of MediaQuest Holdings, Inc.
The company is the one of the parent organizations of TV5, the other being telecommunications giant, Philippine Long Distance Company or PLDT.
All three companies are under the control of the group of Manny V. Pangilinan.
During his interview with MJ, Joey talked about various things that TVJ have gone through over the years.
He also said that they have learned a lot during that time, saying that they are the best example of those who have learned a lot of things.
“Kaming tatlo ang pinaka magandang halimbawa ngayon ng may pinagkatandaan,” Joey said in his interview with MJ.
In a separate interview, Tito did not say whether they would be carrying the brand “Eat Bulaga” on TV5.
He did say that they are taking actions so they would retain the brand, which according to TitoSen, is the creation of Joey De Leon.
"Eat Bulaga" is the longest-running noontime variety program on Philippine television. The show premiered on July 30, 1979. Its pioneer hosts include showbiz icons Vic Sotto, Joey de Leon, and Tito Sotto. "Eat Bulaga" went back live on air with its new lineup of hosts.
Sen. Tito Sotto has also granted an interview with Cristy Fermin on "Cristy Ferminute." The senator answered questions, which primarily revolved around the transfer of TVJ to TV5. One of the questions that the senator was asked was whether he watched the airing of the "new" EB. The senator, with a laugh, directly answered that he did not.
One of their "Eat Bulaga" co-hosts, Maine Mendoza, has also expressed her joy in a post on social media over the impending re-airing of a show by TVJ on TV5. While it wasn’t revealed as to whether they would be carrying the “Eat Bulaga” brand, Maine used one of the show’s tagline “isang libo’t isang tuwa” in her own post. It can be recalled that TVJ disassociated themselves from TAPE, Inc., the producer of “Eat Bulaga” of which they are the main hosts, on May 31.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!