Juan Miguel de Guzman, famously referred to his screen name – JM de Guzman, is a Filipino singer, actor, mixed martial artist, and model. He currently works as a top talent of Star Magic.
The Star Magic actor and artist, JM de Guzman, is renowned for his repeated appearances in Precious Hearts Romances Presents, ASAP 18, and Maalaala Mo Kaya. Also, he has been awarded the best actor for his best roles in films such as Pintakasi,That Thing Called Tadhana, and others.
- Real name: Juan Miguel Gob de Guzman
- Nickname: JM de Guzman
- Birth-date: September 9, 1988
- Birth-place: Manila, Philippines
- School: Lourdes School of Quezon City
- University: University of the Philippines in Diliman
- Course: Theater Arts
- Career: Singer, actor, model, and mixed martial artist
- Father: Ronniel de Guzman
- Mother: Han Carteciano Gob
- Brother: Matthew De Guzman
- Height: 5’7″ (1.70 meters)
- Birth sign: Virgo
- Hair colour: Black
- Eye colour: Black
- Nationality: Filipino
- Race/ethnicity: Asian
JM de Guzman biography
Who is the father of JM de Guzman? JM de Guzman’s dad is Ronniel De Guzman, while his mother is Han Carteciano Gob. JM began his career as a TV and print model. He was part of the cast of Ang TV 2, together with his batchmates Denise Laurel and Shaina Magdayao. During his high school and elementary years, he attended Lourdes School of Quezon City.
JM de Guzman age
JM de Guzman birthday is on 9th September 1988; He is therefore 31 years old.
JM de Guzman height
JM has a height of 5 ft 7 inches, which translates to 170cm. He also weighs 62 kilograms.
JM de Guzman movies
Below is a detailed list of Juan’s movies starting from the latest to the first films.
- 2019: Last Fool Show
- 2018: Kung Paano Siya Nawala
- 2015: You’re My Boss, That Thing Called Tadhana, and Invisible
- 2014: She’s Dating The Gangster
- 2013: Ang Turkey Man Ay Pabo Rin
- 2012: On The Job, Every Breath U Take, The Strangers, Pridyider, Intoy Siyokoy ng Kalye Marino, and My Cactus Heart
- 2011: Ang Babae sa Septic Tank and Pintakasi
- 2010: My Amnesia Girl, Rekrut, Pendong, and Miss You Like Crazy
- 2009: Last Supper No. 3
The below-summarized list comprises of notable TV programs by JM.
- 2019: Project Kapalaran and Maalaala Mo Kaya: Black Belt
- 2018: Precious Heart Romances: Araw Gabi
- 2015: All of Me
- 2014: Hawak Kamay
- 2012: Angelito: Ang Bagong Yugto
- 2011-2012: Angelito: Batang Ama
- 2011: I Dare You and Mula Sa Puso
- 2010: Precious Heart Romances (several episodes)
- 2003: Magpakailanman: Ricky Reyes Story
- 2001-2002: Ang TV 2
JM Guzman's Songs
Besides acting, JM is also a renowned musician and has come up with many songs, some of which are highlighted below:
- Carried Away
- Pagdating Ng Panahon
- Bizarre Love Triangle
- Yakap Sa Dilim
- Give You The World
- Sa May Bintana
- Nothing Compares 2 U
- Out of My League
- Carried Away (Acoustic Version)
- Kiss Me
JM de Guzman girlfriend
JM de Guzman dating history is full of twists and turns. The longest relationship that JM was in was with Jessy Mendiola that lasted between 2013 and 2015. The two had to separate because JM had to go to rehab due to his substance abuse.
In April 2018, Barbie Imperial and JM became close when working on a drama called Araw Gabi, till after airing the finale of the show. The two tried dating for one month, and their romance did not last as anticipated by their fans.
JM de Guzman latest news on his love life involves an actress, Ria Atayde. The two are still at the initial stages of dating and are getting to know each other.
JM de Guzman tattoo
Besides the usual drama roles acted by Juan, he has a compelling personality that is evidenced by documenting significant events using body art – tattooing. In an interview, JM shared that the Roman numbers that have been tattooed on the right arm signify the date when he was first rehabilitated for substance abuse. The numerical value of this tattoo translates to 6-28-2013 or June 28th, 2013.
The Philippine star also revealed that the tattoo inscribed on the back is his imagination of what his sister would look like if she were alive. His sister died when she was a baby.
JM de Guzman tops the list of the paid actors of 2019 with an approximated net worth of $145 million. When coming up with the list, some of the factors that were considered included the profit participation, the upfront pay, advertising work, residuals and endorsements. The famous Filipino actor and singer owes his fortune to ample property holdings, smart stock investments, and lucrative commendation contracts with CoverGirl cosmetics. He is also the owner of various restaurants (the Manila’s Fat De Guzman Burger chain) as well as a football team known as Quezon City Angels. The star also launched his own Vodka brand – Pure Wonderde Guzman-Philippines. The juniors market has also not been left out since he has a perfume called With Love from JM and a fashion line termed as JM de Guzman Seduction.
Thanks to the competence of JM de Guzman, he has been nominated and won several awards in his career.
- 2019: FAMAS award – Nominated for outstanding performance by an actor in a leading role
- 2016: FAP award – Nominated for the best actor and best supporting actor
- 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012: Gawad Urian Award – Nominated for the best actor and best supporting actor
- 2013, 2012: Golden Screen Awards – Nominated for best performance by an actor in a leading role (drama)
- 2011: Metro Manila Film Festival – Won the festival prize of best new wave actor
- 2016: Star Awards for Movies – Nominated for movies actor of the year
JM de Guzman is among the renowned celebrities in Philippine in the present day and age. From the past success, his fans are looking forward to the best in the future endeavors by this star.