- Mayor Isko Moreno announced that he terminated Manila police officers allegedly accepting money from illegal vendors
- He also introduced the new police officers who will take over the abandoned posts
- They vowed not to take bribe from any vendors
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Newly-elected Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno Domagoso kicked out 9 police officers from their posts for allegedly accepting a bribe from illegal vendors amid the clearing operations.
KAMI learned that even Police Leut. Col. Antoinietto Mendoza of the Manila Police District Station 11 was terminated.
In a report by the ABS-CBN News (author Isay Reyes), among the police officers terminated were:
- Police Major Robinson Maranion
- Police Major Alden Panganiban
- PCPT Jerry Garces
- PCPT Bernardino Venturina
- PCPT Manuel Calleja
- PLT Jerry Campo
- PLT Maricel Pili
- PLT Maribel Casayuran
“It seems that at certain times of the day, pag talikod ko, may ilang mga indibidwal, uniformed personnel who are engaging and interacting with so-called “organizers” and barangay officials” Mayor Isko mentioned.
“San ka nakakita, utusan ng Chairman ay Colonel, Major, PCP Commander, nagiging chuwariwap lang,” he added.
PAY ATTENTION: Using free basics app to access internet for free? Now you can read KAMI news there too. Use the search option to find us. Read KAMI news while saving your data!
As reported by the CNN Philippines, Mayor Isko presented the new police officers who will take over the police station.
- Police Lt. Col. Noel Calderon Aliño - PS 11 Commander
- Police Major Salvador Bagne Tangdol - San Nicolas PCP Commander
- Police Captain Manolito Vedana Flores - Juan Luna PCP Commander
"Makakaasa naman sila dito walang hanky panky. Walang kapalit ang pagkahuli sa kanila. Hindi kami papatol sa lahat ng mga bigay na pera," Aliño said.
In a previous report by KAMI, Mayor Isko revealed that he was offered a daily P5 million bribe just to stop the clearing operations in overcrowded areas in Manila like Divisoria. However, he refused to take the bribe and pushed through with the operation.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
We have included some of the most tricky questions and interesting challenges! Do you enjoy watching street interviews and listening to different opinions? This video shows different Pinoy tongue twisters! – on KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!