- “Ang Probinsyano” already went up against many GMA-7 teleseryes
- However, it remains as the highest-rating drama series on television
- Few of the show that were pitted against it were Marimar and The Cure
“Ang Probinsyano” is still the highest-rating drama series in Philippine television.
KAMI learned that the aforementioned Kapamilya show has been dominating the primetime bloc since its premier in 2015.
Many teleseryes in the Kapuso network already went up against the top-rating show and tried to beat its figures.
Excluding Ang Probinsyano’s current rival which is “Kara Mia,” the show already defeated 12 drama series of GMA-7. Here are all of them:
1. Marimar (starring Megan Young and Tom Rodriguez. It lasted for only 5 months.)
2. Little Nanay (top-billed by Kris Bernal. This replaced Marimar in the telebabad timeslot.)
3. Poor Señorita (This was a light-drama series that starred then-Kapuso actress Regine Velasquez.)
4. Encantadia (A reboot of the 2005 hit series of the same title. It premiered on July 18, 2016 and ended on May 19, 2017.)
5. Mulawin Vs. Ravena (This teleserye united some of the biggest names in GMA-7 including Dennis Trillo, Heart Evangelista, Lovi Poe, and Carla Abellana.)
6. Alyas Robin Hood (Starring Dingdong Dantes, this drama-action series made a mark to the audience but still failed to surpass the ratings of the rival show.)
7. Super Ma’am (This was top-billed by GMA-7 Primetime Queen Marian Rivera. It only aired for four months.)
8. Alyas Robin Hood Season 2 (The second season of this teleserye aired just few months after the first season ended. It still starred Dingdong Dantes.)
9. Sherlock Jr. (The show premiered on January 2018 and it starred Ruru Madrid.)
10. The Cure (This drama series was a “zombie serye” starring Jennylyn Mercado and Tom Rodriguez.)
11. Victor Magtanggol (A lot of people thought that this teleserye of Alden Richards will already put an end to the supremacy of “Ang Probinsyano” but it only lasted for 3 months.
12. Cain At Abel (Dingdong Dantes and Dennis Trillo collaborated in this teleserye but it shocked many netizens because it also aired for just 3 months.)
In a previous article by KAMI, the ratings of “Kara Mia” and “Ang Probinsyano” during their first much-anticipated clash on television were finally revealed.
“Ang Probinsyano” is an ABS-CBN drama series that is airing during weekdays. Coco Martin is the lead actor in this teleserye and it also featured multi-awarded artists in the Kapamilya network.
PAY ATTENTION: 15 Signs That Show Your Love Will Withstand Anything
Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
Tricky Questions: What is the English of "bahing?” We have included one of the trickiest questions and interesting challenges in this channel. Do you enjoy watching street interviews and listening to different opinions? – on HumanMeter!