Celebrities, naglabas ng saloobin sa anibersaryo ng ABS-CBN shutdown: “Andito pa rin kami para sa’yo!”
- Several celebrities from ABS-CBN aired their sentiments on the first year anniversary of the network’s shutdown
- Many of them have existing television programs that suffered due to the shut down
- Last year, the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) issued a cease and desist order to ABS-CBN
- This was after the network failed to renew its congressional franchise
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Several ABS-CBN celebrities aired their sentiments on social media to mark the first year since the NTC ordered it to stop operations.
ABS-CBN went off air on May 5, 2020 in compliance with the NTC order.
A year later, some Kapamilya stars took to social media to post their messages to mark the shutdown anniversary.
Vice Ganda had a message for those who pushed for the shutdown, whom he called were savages. While the network did stop operations, those responsible for the shutdown were not completely successful as the network’s shows are very much alive.
Anne Curtis, for her part, thanked those who continue to support ABS CBN shows. “It’s been a year since we were all left in disbelief. Maraming Salamat sa mga loyal Kapamilya who continue to support ABSCBN na patuloy gumagawa ng paraan para makapaglingkod, makapamahagi ng impormasyon, balita at makapagbigay saya sa pamilyang Pilipino saan mang parte ng mundo,” the actress said.
Bernadette Sembrano wrote a song dedicated to those who were greatly affected by the shutdown.
“This was supposed to be released last year pa . Pero star music creative director Jonathan Manalo wanted it released for the anniversary po ng shutdown natin. This is really meant for you. We have each other. Hindi kayo nag-iisa,” said Bernadette
The title of the song is “Yakap,” and dedicated to all the Kapamilyas.
PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback
PAY ATTENTION: Don't miss the latest Filipino news and the hottest celebrity stories! Follow KAMI.com.ph on Twitter!
The National Telecommunications Commission and Solicitor General Jose Calida issued a cease-and-desist order to ABS-CBN on May 5, 2020, after the network failed to renew its franchise license. After meeting controversy and national outcry over the initial NTC refusal, ABS-CBN was initially allowed to operate under a temporary license, with support from both senate and congress. Investigations by different government agencies showed that the company had no deficiencies or issues. The franchise license expired on May 4, 2020, and a day later, ABS-CBN officially signed off in the evening.
PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!
A few hours after the shutdown anniversary, Carlo Katigbak, the President and CEO of ABS-CBN Corporation, issued a message regarding the intervening events that led to the shutdown of the Kapamilya network. The corporation’s chairman, Mark Lopez, also issued a message for the journalists of ABS-CBN.
Several hours later, Angel Locsin gave her own tribute to ABS-CBN through a poem. She also posted some photos and clips relating to the network’s shutdown.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!