- Enhanced community quarantine will be extended in the National Capital Region, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal
- According to Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque Jr., NCR plus will remain under ECQ for another week starting April 5 to 11, 2021
- This is to ease the continued surge in COVID-19 cases in the said areas
- It can be recalled that the government reimposed the strictest community quarantine status from March 29 to April 4
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal will remain under enhanced community quarantine as cases of COVID-19 continue to rise.
In a statement by Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. on Saturday, April 3, the implementation of strictest community quarantine status will be extended for another week starting April 5.
"Karagdagang linggo, minimum of one additional week beginning on the 5th," Roque stated.
Earlier, the government reimposed the said quarantine status in NCR Plus from March 29 to April 4 to ease the spread of the coronavirus.
The coronavirus infection struck the country early last year, which eventually spread to crowded communities in urban areas. Since its outbreak, the virus has so far taken the lives of so many people, leaving fear and despair among the world's populace.
The enhanced community quarantine or ECQ in the NCR Plus bubble is a series of stay-at-home orders and cordon sanitaire measures implemented by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
Last year, the Philippine government through the IATF-EID created several classifications to separate worst hit areas from those that have less infection rates. The strictest of these classifications is the ECQ, which in effect, is a total lockdown. When it was finally lifted several months ago, citizens felt a bit freer under the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) level. Residents of these areas will be experiencing both minor and major changes in their daily routine due to this transition.
Pinoy celebrities recently took to social media to express their sentiments against the re-implementation of ECQ in some areas in Luzon. Some of the celebrities made their feelings known with just a one-word-post, while others reminded that the 2022 elections is just around the corner. Others revealed their readiness in helping those who would be severely affected by the ECQ. One celebrity lamented that what is happening is like déjà vu.
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!