- Former VP Jejomar Binay laments the alleged finger-pointing of the government on who to blame for the rising COVID cases
- Binay said the government should “stop blaming the people”
- He also criticized the penchant of government to use technical terms like “bubble” as it is no different from a “lockdown”
- The former VP then lambasted the government’s failure, neglect, and incompetence in dealing with the health crisis
Former Vice President Jejomar Binay scored the government for using the term “bubble,” saying that it is the same as a lockdown.
He also criticized the administration for its alleged incompetence, neglect, and failure in dealing with the COVID pandemic.
Binay also lamented with what he said is an attempt by the government to blame the people for the rising COVID cases.
According to the former VP, the government just does not want to acknowledge that it failed.
On the government’s plan to implement the “NCR Plus bubble,” Binay said it may have a different name but its essentially the same.
“What’s in a name? The so-called ‘bubble’ is in reality a lockdown. But gov’t won’t call it a lockdown because it will be an admission of their failure, neglect, and incompetence. Stop blaming the people,” former VP Jojo Binay posted on Twitter Monday.
The last sentence on Binay’s post appears to be his reaction to remarks of several government officials that part of the reason why COVID-19 cases increased is due to the failure of people to follow minimum health protocols.
Internet users had a field day with the new terms conceived by the government. They inundated social media sites with jokes and memes jokes about the seemingly limitless classifications conceived by the government for COVID quarantine levels.
PAY ATTENTION: Don't miss the hottest Philippine news and celebrity gossip! Follow KAMI.com.ph on Twitter!
Jejomar Binay is a Filipino politician born on November 11, 1942. He served as the 13th vice president of the Philippines under President Benigno Aquino III. During the Martial Law period, he represented political prisoners in the 1970s pro bono or without any charge. It was also during the Marcos regime that Binay and other human rights lawyers created the Movement of Attorneys for Brotherhood, Integrity, and Nationalism (MABINI).
In 1986, Binay was appointed by former President Corazon Aquino as officer-in-charge of Makati from 1986 to 1987. After his assignment, he was elected mayor of Makati in 1988 and served until 1998. Concurrently, he was also the Chairman of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) from 1990 to 1991. In 2001, he was re-elected as mayor and served until 2010.
This is not the first time former VP Binay scored the government about something. Last year, he gave his reaction to the shutdown of ABS-CBN. He said that everyone may argue as to who bore the responsibility over the closure of the network. In his statement, he also tackled the death of democracy and made reference to events that transpired 48 years ago. His daughter, Sen. Nancy Binay also released a statement regarding the closure, lamenting how 11,000 workers were prejudiced by the closure.
Several days ago, he also weighed in on PTV-4’s #DutertePalpak gaffe and the station’s plan to punish the person responsible. The former government official, who was also a human rights advocate when he was still active in his law practice, said there is still freedom of expression even in a government TV station. The former VP ended his statement, saying, “Sometimes the truth hurts.”
Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!