Do you know how to play Patintero? Patintero is a popular Filipino game that pulls one in from the word go. It is also known as tubigan and has attracted the attention of many individuals all over the world. The super-popular game applies to both children and adults, and it tests an individual’s agility and spatial awareness.
Pantintero is a native game in the Philippines that requires two teams with at least five players on each side. The object of the game is to block (harang) the players from the opposing team from passing. It is the best practice for hand-eye coordination and strategic thinking. Find out everything that makes this game worth the while.
How to play patintero
- Draw a massive rectangle on the ground using chalk for clarity and divide it into smaller rectangles depending on the number of players. The patintero drawing involves 6-8 smaller rectangles.
- The players should form two teams with an equal number of players, where one team plays defensive and guards the other team against passing the lines. The two teams make up the guards and the runners (passers).
- The guards assign a player to the lateral line in the middle of the rectangle and the other players on each horizontal line.
- The objective of the runners is to get across to one end of the big rectangle and back without being touched or tagged by a guard.
- During the game, the guards should ensure they have both feet on the ground before tagging their opponent; otherwise, it will not count.
- Once a runner is tagged, he or she gets out of the game. If a runner makes it across the big rectangle and back without being touched with the butterfly fingers, they earn a point.
- Once all the runners of a team have been tagged, it’s game over.
- The teams then switch sides, and the runners become the guards and vice-versa.
Rules of the game
Patintero rules apply across the board to all players. The equipment required for the game includes chalk or paint, a score sheet, a whistle, and a stopwatch. The playing court should be a rectangle of about 7.5m long and 5m wide divided into six equal rectangles. The rules of patintero Philippines are as follows:
- The game starts with a toss of a coin to decide the team that becomes the passer or runner.
- There is a time limit of two minutes for each team to score.
- Once the two minutes elapse, the two teams change sides, and the guards become the passers and vice-versa.
- The passers or runners are supposed to cross the lines from the starting point and back, to earn a point.
- The line guards are positioned on the vertical lines with one on the horizontal line of the grid, making sure that their feet are always on the line.
- The patintero objectives of the line guards include tagging the passers or runners with their powered or butterfly hands and blocking them from passing the lines.
- Once a guard tags any of the passers, the line guards assume the position of the passers.
System of scoring from starting point
From the entry point
- First-line – 1 pt
- Second-line – 2 pts
- Third-line – 2 pts
- Fourth-line – 2 pts
From the exit point
- Fourth-line – 2 pts
- Third-line – 3 pts
- Second-line – 3pts
- First-line – 5pts (Home)
The duration of the game is three innings, and each inning is divided into halves. The above patintero mechanics may slightly differ from one community to another, but the nature and style of the game are usually standard.
The patintero Filipino game has gained traction via the internet with online challenges that attract individuals of different nationalities and ages in the rules of survival. Enjoy the latest rosversary patintero in the newest season of rules of survival and win luck chips and bonuses. You can also get to win diamonds by becoming a fashion master. All you need to do is:
- Dress your ROS (rules of survival) in clothes that reflect your character in the game.
- Take a screenshot of your work.
- Using your ID and server, share your screenshot in the comment section and call on your friends to like your work.
- Make sure that your ID and Server info can be seen in the photo.
- The more likes you get, the higher you increase your chances of getting awards.
Patintero is known to be the stress ball for managing high levels of stress and anxiety among children and adults. The game gives players a chance to challenge themselves and think outside the box. Steer your mental and physical abilities more effectively by whiling away the time, playing patintero with your loved ones.
READ ALSO: How to play Pusoy Dos and win