Gisele Bündchen is a Brazilian model, environmental activist, author, actress, and businesswoman. She is one of the highest-paid models in the world and the richest in the entertainment industry. What do you know about her husband, children and net worth?
Having attained such a successful life from a very tender age, it is in the interest of many people to know more about her life. Here is what you need to know about the Brazilian model.
Gisele Bündchen profile summary
- Full Name: Gisele Caroline Nonnenmacher Bündchen
- Nickname: The body, Gise
- Date of birth: 20th July 1980
- Place of birth: Horizontina, the Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Gisele Bündchen age: 39 years
- Birth sign: Cancer
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Weight: 57kg
- Gisele Bündchen nationality: Brazilian
- Ethnicity: German
- Religion: Catholic
- Hair color: Light brown
- Eye color: Blue
- Relationship status: Married
- Occupation: Brazilian model, actress, environmentalist
- Gisele Bündchen salary: $30.5Milllion
- Net worth: $360 million
Gisele was born on 20th July 1980 as Gisele Caroline Nonnenmacher Bündchen in Horizontina the Rio Grande do Sul in Brazil. She is the daughter of Vania Nonnenmacher and Valdr Bündchen. His father worked as an author and a college professor while her mother worked as a clerk in the bank. What is Gisele Bundchen's ethnicity? She is of German ethnicity and Brazilian nationality.
Gisele was brought up together with her five sisters in Horizontina by her parents. Her sisters go by the names Raquel, Graziela, Gabriela, Rafaela and Patricia who is Gisele’s fraternal twin. Gisele Bündchen twin sister was born five minutes after Gisele.
She started and completed her education in her native land.
Here is a breakdown of her career over the years:
Gisele Bündchen’s professional career started when she was enrolled by her mother in a modelling institute, together with her two sisters. While in the modelling school, a scouting agent in Sao Paulo spotted Gisele and immediately extended an invitation.
She non-hesitantly grabbed the opportunity and began working with the Elite modelling agency. Elite Look of the Year marked her first time on the runway, and ever since then, she started making waves in the modelling industry. She completed in the second position and went ahead to make an appearance in the Elite Model Look in Ibiza, which was a global modelling competition that took place in Spain. She completed it in the fourth position.
In 1996, she was among the lucky few who attained a modelling slot in the coveted New York Fashion Week runway. Luckily for her, she did not disappoint as she won huge admiration all over. Right from that moment, she started to take part in massive gigs and gracing the covers of popular magazines such as Elle, Vogue, Allure, The Rolling Stone Magazine, Vanity Fair and Sports Illustrated Swimsuits among others.
READ ALSO: Jackie Forster bio: age, family, husband, sister
Gisele’s exploits in the show business world have not been limited to the runway or magazine covers as a model since she has engaged in other activities as well. She made her debut as an actress in 2004 after making an appearance in a comedy film dubbed Taxi. She starred as Vanessa alongside other famous television personalities such as Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah.
She has also featured in other film works such as The Devil Wears Prada and her husband’s documentary film dubbed Tom vs. Time.
Bündchen is the perfect definition of beauty with brains as she has got several business deals in her mind. She proudly owns several business ventures such as:
- Sejaa which is a line of organic skincare products.
- A foot ware and lingerie line
- Palladium Executive- a luxurious hotel
Bündchen is also ranked as a successful writer, as seen in her book Lessons: My Path to Meaningful Life.
- She is an excellent philanthropist who used the neckpiece designs in raising funds for the Haiti disaster victims in 2010.
- She is an active supporter of charities such s Save the Children and Doctors without Borders.
- She is the United Nation’s Goodwill ambassador for a sustainable environment.
Awards and achievements
- 2006 - Listed as number 21 by E! Television on the Hottest Celebrity Bodies.
- 2008 - Ranked 4th by the New York Daily News as the most powerful person in the fashion world.
- 2009 - Rated by Harper's Bazaar as among the top 26 greatest models of all time.
- 2011 - Placed by the CEOWORLD Magazine as the Top Accomplished Women Entertainers.
- 2011 - Listed at number 45 on the top 100 Sexist Women in the World.
- 2011 - Listed as number 25 by Men’s Health on the 100 Hottest Women of All Time.
- 2012 - Ranked by Forbes as number 4 on the World’s Most Powerful Latino Celebrity and number 61 on the Most Powerful Celebrities.
- 2014 - Listed as number 89 on Forbes Most Powerful Women in the World and number 5 on Forbes Brazils 25 Biggest Celebrities in Brazil.
- ALL-TIME 100 Fashion Icons List of 100 Most Influential Icons since 1923
READ ALSO: Jolina Magdangal bio: age, height, husband
Gisele Bündchen height and other body measurements
Gisele is 5 feet and 10 inches tall and weighs 57kg. Her other body measurement is 35 inches for the breast, 23 inches for her waistline and 35 inches for her hips. She wears a bra size 32C. Her dress and shoe sizes are 4(US) and 8.5 (US), respectively.
Gisele Bündchen husband
Gisele Bündchen is married to the famous American football player by the name Tom Brady. After a few years of dating, Tom and Gisele tied the knot on 26th February 2009. The two have been married for more than ten years now.
Before saying yes, I do, she was in a relationship with the popular American actor by the name Leonardo DiCaprio. The relationship lasted for six years (1999 to 2005).
In 2005, Gisele started dating Kelly Slater for two years before breaking up.
Gisele Bündchen kids
Gisele and her husband Tom Brady, are blessed with two lovely kids. They have a son by the name Benjamin Brady and a daughter by the name Vivian Lake Brady.
Gisele Bündchen income is accrued mainly from modelling and business ventures. At the moment, Gisele Bündchen net worth is estimated to stand at $ 360 million. She earns a salary of $30.5 million.
Social media platforms
- Instagram: @gisele with 15.8 million followers
- Twitter: @giseleofficial with 4.7 million followers
- Facebook: @Gisele with 5.8 million followers
Apart from being the perfect definition and example of beauty with brains, Gisele Bündchen is a role model to many. She is indeed a force to reckon with in the society.
READ ALSO: Margot Robbie bio: husband, age, height, how much is she worth?