The University of Manila (UM) is a private university in the heart of the Sampaloc District in Manila, Philippines. It was founded on October 5, 1913, by three siblings. They named their school Instituto de Manila after the city of Manila, and Apolinario G. de Los Santos was elected as the first director of the school.
The University of Manila offers a fun and engaging environment for the learners. It connects people from various backgrounds and cultures. It provides top-notch higher learning that helps in ensuring that the students thrive to succeed in the career path they've chosen.
University of Manila: location
University of Manila's campus is located in 2401 Taft Avenue Malate, Manila. The school is on a 5.45 ha of land. It has 19 buildings in total (9 are classrooms and 10 are used for the administrative and auxiliary functions).
The University of Manila courses are highlighted below:
- Bachelor of Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- AB in Economics
- BS in Accountancy
- AB in Political Science
- BS in Criminology
- BS in Foreign Service
Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary
- BS in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Industrial Engineering
- AB in History
IT, Computer Science & Programming
- BS in Computer Science
The UM has 6 master’s courses:
- MA in Education
- Master of Business Administration
- MA in Political Science
- Master of Public Administration
- MA in History
- Master of Laws
The UM provides 2 Doctrine courses:
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Public Administration
The UM offers 9 certificate courses:
- Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Certificate in Computer Secretarial
- Building and Construction Specialist
- Certificate in Political Science and Technology
- Associate in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Certificate in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Certificate in Library Technician
- Associate in Computer Science
University of Manila College of Law is also known to offer bar exams and enrichment programs as a refresher course.
Here are the requirements for admission:
- Resides in Manila
- Graduate of 2019, both SHS and Freshman
- High school graduate on or before 1st June 2015
- Parents should be registered voters and taxpayers of Manila
- Physically fit
- Should pass the admission test
Requirements for admission for SHS and freshman
- Completely and properly filled admission form
- Present original copy of a birth certificate
- Parents latest voters affidavit or voters ID
- Report card with complete grades
- Certificate of good moral character
- 2 pieces of 11/2 and 11/2 with a name tag, it should have a white background
For PEPT, ALS, NFEA&E, one as to present a certificate of passing report card.
Here is a breakdown of the University of Manila tuition fee:
- Bachelor’s degree: ₱ 18,000-20,000 per year
- Master's degree:₱ 10,500-22,500 per year
- Doctorate degree: ₱ 73,000 per entire program
There is no information about the University of Manila notable alumni.
The University of Manila careers are announced on the official site. The information on the website is inclusive of the qualifications needed and other requirements. When you find an opening, send the application to the HR of the campus.
Below is the University of Manila contact information that one should use to reach out to the institution.
- University of Manila's address: 546 Dr M.V. de Los Santos St. Sampaloc, Manila
- University of Manila's website: um.edu.ph
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you have exhaustive information on University of Manila's courses, contact, and fees. Enroll today to kickstart your career.