Armed man shot dead by police after chasing rider with machete in Pasig City
- A man armed with 20-inch machete chased motorcycle rider in Pasig City street
- CCTV footage showed a chaotic scene in Barangay Caniogan on Monday
- Police said suspect was already wounded but continued attacking authorities
- A rider survived with injuries as investigation into incident continues
MAKI-TINGIN KA NAMAN: Pwede ka nang mag-comment sa mga artikulo ng KAMI! Subukan mo, madali lang!
A man armed with a machete was shot dead after he reportedly chased a motorcycle rider along a public road in Barangay Caniogan, Pasig City.

Source: UGC
Based on CCTV footage aired on "GMA News Saksi," the suspect was seen running after the rider while carrying a 20-inch bladed weapon.
The chase caused panic in the area as the confrontation unfolded in the middle of the street.
Authorities later confirmed that the man had already sustained a gunshot wound before the fatal shooting.
Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!
Despite this, he allegedly continued his aggressive behavior, prompting a police response that ended in gunfire.
The unidentified suspect died at the scene. The rider he was chasing survived the incident but suffered injuries during the confrontation.
According to a witness, the situation escalated quickly after the man suddenly began attacking people in the area.
“Basta na lang siyang nanghabol ng itak,” said the witness, describing how the suspect randomly chased the rider without clear provocation.
A barangay security officer, Rommel Umali, said police initially tried to restrain the suspect before the situation turned more dangerous.
“Una na siyang inaawat ng mga pulis pero nanlaban siya at inatake ang mga awtoridad,” Umali said.
Police said officers were forced to fire at the suspect after he posed a serious threat to both law enforcement personnel and civilians passing by.
According to the Eastern Police District, the suspect had already drawn a weapon and continued to act aggressively despite efforts to stop him.
“Wala nang ibang opsyon ang pulis kundi ang barilin siya,” the report added, citing authorities’ explanation of the decision made at the scene.
Investigators are still conducting a full review of the incident to determine the exact sequence of events and the identity of the suspect.
Previously, authorities in Wakefield, New Hampshire responded to a tragic discovery after a family of four was found dead inside their lakeside home on Christmas Day, according to CBS News Boston.
A follow-up report from the Daily Mail UK suggested that the incident may have been caused by carbon monoxide poisoning, commonly described as a “silent killer” due to its odorless and undetectable nature. Investigators said the property’s propane heating system allegedly malfunctioned while the family was asleep. At this stage, officials have not yet identified the exact reason for the failure, and they also noted that no carbon monoxide detectors were installed inside the home.
In a separate and widely discussed case in the Philippines, a businessman who was earlier reported kidnapped in Quezon City was later found dead in San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan. The development raised alarm after investigators began piecing together details surrounding the crime. During an interview with 24 Oras, one of the suspects admitted that the victim was allegedly strangled and suffocated using a cellophane wrap placed over his face. The suspect further stated that the businessman’s body was placed inside a water drum before being buried in a remote area.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh


