Coco Martin, may bagong primetime series kasama si Julia Montes; 'Batang Quiapo," magtatapos na
- Coco Martin confirmed that “FPJ’s Batang Quiapo” will air its finale on March 13 after three years
- He said Tanggol’s story has reached its natural conclusion
- The actor admitted it was emotionally difficult to end the hit series
- Martin will return to primetime on March 16 with “Sigabo” alongside Julia Montes
PAY ATTENTION: stay informed and follow us on Google News!
Coco Martin has confirmed that the long-running action drama FPJ's Batang Quiapo will air its final episode on March 13, marking the end of its three-year run. However, the actor-producer will immediately return to primetime with a new series titled Sigabo alongside his real-life partner Julia Montes.

Source: Instagram
In an interview with TV Patrol, Martin explained that the story of his character, Tanggol, had naturally reached its endpoint.
“Whenever you tell a story, there is a beginning, a middle and an end,” he said.
He reflected on the character’s journey and shared that after exploring major story arcs, including Tanggol’s election loss, he began questioning what more could be told.
Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!
“This is probably the farthest I can take Tanggol’s character,” Martin admitted.
As one of the show’s creative producers, he said the decision to conclude the series was not easy.
“It’s hard to say it out loud,” he confessed.
He added that portraying and developing the character for three years made it emotionally challenging to let go.
Despite the bittersweet farewell, Martin revealed that he had been waiting for the right project to reunite with Montes.
“I was waiting for the right project for Julia and me,” he shared.
According to him, Montes has been undergoing intense preparation for the role, including gun handling and motorcycle training.
Martin described “Sigabo” as a mix of action, comedy, and romance with a largely comedic ensemble cast. “Almost all our co-stars are comedians,” he said. He explained that each episode will feature a different mission, offering viewers a fresh experience every week.
Coco Martin is best known for his iconic portrayal of Ricardo Dalisay in the long-running FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano, which aired for seven years. After the conclusion of that series, he took a break from television before returning with FPJ’s Batang Quiapo.
In a previous interview, Martin reflected on the life lessons he gained after turning 40. “I’ve become calmer and I no longer try to control everything,” he said. He added that he has learned to let things pass and to say no when necessary to protect his well-being. “At this point in my life, I only hope for peace and happiness,” he shared.
Martin also opened up about why he tends to avoid celebrating his birthday. He revealed that a painful childhood experience left a lasting impression and recalled how his mother reacted at the time. Despite this, he expressed gratitude toward those who still remember and send him birthday greetings. “Even so, I remain thankful to everyone who still remembers and greets me on my birthday,” he said. Known for his dedication both on and off screen, Martin continues to balance his career and personal growth.

Read also
Mananatiling pribado ang love life ni Bela Padilla sa gitna ng bagong pelikula nila ni Carlo Aquino
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh

