President Duterte, hindi raw makikipag-away sa China: “May utang na loob kami. Malaki ang utang na loob”

President Duterte, hindi raw makikipag-away sa China: “May utang na loob kami. Malaki ang utang na loob”

- President Rodrigo Duterte, in a pre-recorded meeting that was aired on Friday, reiterated that he will not go to war with China

- He said that what he does not like the most is go to war with China, which he said will not happen because they owe a huge debt of gratitude to China

- He also said, however, that he will not withdraw the two Philippine warships that are currently roving around the Kalayaan Islands and Mischief Reef

- Two days earlier, a Filipino fisherman took offense at the recent pronouncement of President Duterte that his 2016 campaign promise of riding a jet ski to challenge the Chinese in the WPS was only a “pure joke.”

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed

President Rodrigo Duterte, in a pre-recorded meeting that aired on Friday, reiterated that he will not go to war with China.

Read also

Kakai Bautista, nag-upload ng mga bagong larawan isang araw matapos siyang ipagtanggol ni Kim Atienza

President Duterte, hindi raw makikipag-away sa China: “May utang na loob kami. Malaki ang utang na loob”
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte shakes hands with Chinese President Xi Jinping at the Great Hall of People in Beijing, China on April 25, 2019. (Photo by Kenzaburo Fukuhara/Kyodo News - Pool)
Source: Getty Images

The President said what he doesn’t like the most is go to war and besides, he said, they owe a huge debt of gratitude to China.

“Ayoko makipag-away sa China, ayoko sa lahat. Inuulit ko, may utang na loob kami. Malaki ang utang na loob,” President Duterte said during the pre-recorded meeting.

However, the President made it clear that he is not ready to withdraw the two Philippine warships stationed in the area and are currently patrolling the seas within Kalayaan Islands and Mischief Reef.

He said he will not withdraw, even if he gets killed in the process and if China insists on its own assertions, then this is where their friendship would end.

“Hindi talaga ako aatras. Patayin mo man ako kung patayin mo ako, dito ako. Dito magtatapos ang ating pagkakaibigan,” the President said.

President Duterte has made the WPS issue among his campaign promises, which he later said is only a joke.

Read also

Ogie Diaz shares convo with Richard Yap about controversial community pantry photo op

Earlier, a Filipino fisherman said he took offense at the “pure joke” pronouncement of the President, saying they had hoped for him to defend the area once he gets elected.

PAY ATTENTION: Shop with KAMI! The best offers and discounts on the market, product reviews and feedback

PAY ATTENTION: Don't miss the latest Filipino news and the hottest celebrity stories! Follow KAMI.com.ph on Twitter!

The West Philippine Sea / South China Sea dispute involves both island and maritime claims by several sovereign states within the region, which include Brunei, the People's Republic of China (PRC), Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam. An estimated US$3.37 trillion worth of global trade passes through the area annually, accounting for a third of the global maritime trade.

PAY ATTENTION: Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

Read also

Sunshine Cruz, tinawag na bastos ang basher: “Itrato nyo lang din akong tao”

Last week, President Rodrigo Duterte dismissed the arbitral victory of the Philippines against China and claimed that it was just a piece of paper. He also blamed former DFA Secretary Albert Del Rosario and former Supreme Court AJ Antonio Carpio on why China kept a presence in the disputed area. He then challenged Carpio to a debate, which the former SC magistrate willingly accepted.

After challenging former Supreme Court Justice Antonio Carpio to a debate, President Duterte backs off from his own challenge and has instead assigned Harry Roque to be his official representative to the debate. Earlier, the President challenged Carpio to a debate, daring him to answer just two or three questions. Less than a day later, Carpio accepted the challenge of the President to a debate and several hours after, the Integrated Bar of the Philippines volunteered to host and moderate the event. According to Roque, however, the President decided to assign him to the task after some senators and cabinet members dissuaded him from doing it.

Please like and share our amazing Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinions about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts and views on different matters!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Online view pixel