- "Ang Probinsyano" star Coco Martin aired his frustrations over the 'cease and desist' order of NTC for ABS-CBN
- In his video, Coco shared how ABS-CBN helped and accepted him as an artist despite his previous struggles
- The actor also lashed out on the government for allowing the shutdown of the Kapamilya network
- It can be worth noting that Coco also participated in the online rally event, "Laban, Kapamilya" alongside Kapamilya celebrities
PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News Feed
The National Telecommunications Commission has sent a 'cease and desist' order to ABS-CBN earlier this week on Tuesday, May 5.
The said order was sent to ABS-CBN after their franchise expired on Monday, May 4.
Following this news, KAMI learned that various Kapamilya celebrities have recently joined the Laban, Kapamilya online rally event on Facebook.
Watch the video below:
Included in the event is Ang Probinsyano star Coco Martin who expressed his frustrations and anger over the decision of the NTC to shut down the Kapamilya network.
The actor began by informing the people that their participation in the online rally event is out of their own free will.
“Ito po’y walang nag-utos sa amin. Kami pong mga artista, nagtulong-tulong, nagbuklod-buklod kasi gusto naming mailabas kung ano yung nararamdaman namin," he said.
Watch the video below for the full interview:
From this point forward, Coco shared his struggles as an artist and how ABS-CBN still accepted him afterwards, “Wala po akong talento. Ang liit ko, ang pangit ko, ang itim ko.
"Bulol ako, hindi ako marunong mag-ingles, wala akong kapasidad o katangian para maging isang artista.
"Pero hindi po yun ang tinignan ng ABS-CBN. Ang tinignan nila, kung ano ang kapasidad mo para magtrabaho at para ipakita ang talento mo.”
Aside from this, the Ang Probinsyano star also called out the government regarding their decision to shut down ABS-CBN amid the pandemic, “Ano ang uunahin natin ngayon?
"Tanggalin ang kompanya na tumutulong sa ating kapwa, sa lahat ng mga Pilipino, o yung sugal na pinapasok sa ating bansa?
"Buti pa yung POGO, pinaglalaban niyo. Itong kompanyang tumutulong sa lahat ng mga tao ngayon, pinasara niyo."
In the video, Coco also asked the 11,000 employees under ABS-CBN to speak up against the issue, “Ako, bahala na bukas. Sasabihin ko na kung anong nararamdaman ko. Binarubal na tayo eh.
"Tinarantado na tayo, kinuha na yung bahay natin. Anong i-eexpect natin? Ipagdarasal natin sila? Pinagdasal na natin sila. Tiniis na natin sila. Dapat kumilos tayo! Dapat magsalita tayo!
"Dapat marinig kung ano ang nawala sa atin. Yung 11,000 na nasa ABS-CBN, iparinig ninyo! Kasi kung lahat tayo mananahimik, aabusuhin tayo.
"Para tayong batang kinotongan at pagkatapos, kapag nagkita kayo, anong i-eexpect mo? Kasi ito na yung pagkakaton natin. Wala na tayong trabaho, anong iniingatan natin?"
He also revealed his worries about having no job during the live video, "Ako honestly, wala na akong trabaho.
"Anong ipapakain ko sa pamilya ko? Kapag ang pamilya ko kinanti, kahit sino ka pa, lalaban ako ng patayan. Kahit patayin mo pa ako.”
As reported earlier by KAMI, Coco Martin has gone all out in his support for ABS-CBN after the network shut down its operations. His statements have gone viral, where he was expressing his anger and disdain against those responsible for the closure.
Coco Martin is an award-winning Filipino actor, endorser, and director. He portrays the role of “Cardo Dalisay” in the top-rating Kapamilya teleserye entitled “Ang Probinsyano.”
POPULAR: Read more news about Coco Martin
Please like and share our Facebook posts to support KAMI team! Don’t hesitate to comment and share your opinion about our stories either. We love reading about your thoughts!
An OFW in Dubai narrates how he ended up bedridden in a critical condition due to COVID-19. At some point, Ruffy Niedo felt he wouldn't make it. Now he shares his story with us. Check out all of the exciting videos and celebrity interviews on our KAMI HumanMeter YouTube channel!