Samsung Galaxy M31 is one of the latest smartphones by Samsung on the market. The phone was released on March 5th, 2020, and has so far gained popularity worldwide. It is available on online stores such as Amazon as well as in most phone shops across the country. The device's features are commendable.
The phone runs on Android 10.0 with One UI 2.0 and has a massive battery of 6000 mAh. It comes with a RAM of 6GB and a sufficient storage capacity and comes it comes at an affordable price. The price of Samsung Galaxy M31 in the Philippines is between Php10,700 and Php11,400.
Samsung Galaxy M31 overview
The South Korean phone manufacturing company Samsung has hitherto been the epitome of creativity and innovation. Most of their phone products have commanded the attention of many smartphone users across the world. Samsung Galaxy M31 is one of their latest gadget on the market.
Below are the pros and cons of this particular smartphone.
The device has the following advantages when compared to others.
- It has a great display and design.
- It has a huge battery capacity of 6000 mAh.
- It boasts of advanced cameras (both primary and secondary).
- It comes with sufficient storage capacity, which can as well be expanded using a micro-SD card.
The cons to expect are as follows.
- The 15W fast charging feels slow on the 6000 mAh battery.
- It is not designed with waterproof protection.
Samsung Galaxy M31 specs
- Samsung Galaxy M31 release date: March 5th, 2020
- Screen size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Pixel density: 403 PPI
- Body material: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Operating system: Android 10.0; One UI 2.0
- Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Expandable memory: MicroSD of up to 512GB
- Primary camera: Quad camera 64 megapixels + 8 megapixels + 5 megapixels + 5 megapixels
- Secondary camera: 32 megapixels
- Battery capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery
- Processor: Octa-core, 2300 MHz, Arm Cortex-A73 and Arm Cortex-A53, 64-bit, 10 nm
- Dimension: 159.2 mm x 75.1 mm x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- Network Technology: 4G + 3G + 2G
- SIM card: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Bluetooth connectivity: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Sensory: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Color variety: Ocean blue, space black, and red
- Models: SM-M315F, SM-M315F/DS, SM-M315F/DSN
Samsung Galaxy M31 has hit the market with a bang! The phone comes with admirable display characteristics, gorgeous design, and a medium-speed processor. The details about the phone's hardware features are as follows.
Samsung Galaxy M31 has a simple and colorful design that is amazingly beautiful. It is made up of a Gorilla Glass 3 front and a plastic front. A plastic frame separates the back and front, and the body materials come in different colors such as ocean blue, space black, and red.
The phone has a dimension of 159.2 mm x 75.1 mm x 8.9 mm and a weight of 191 grams. It has neatly and slightly curved edges, which make holding and carrying the device easier and ensure there is enough grip.
The right side of the phone has power and volume buttons. On the left side is the SIM tray, while the USB Type-C port, primary microphone, speaker, and 3.5mm headset jack are on the bottom side. The USB Type-C port doubles up as a charging port.
At the back of this particular gadget, you will find a rectangular camera bump. It houses four camera lens.
The fingerprint scanner is positioned next to the cameras. It responds quite efficiently, and you can use it to protect the device from unauthorized access.
The phone comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, which gets a waterdrop style notch over the bezel-less screen. It has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and a pixel density of 403 PPI. The specious screen offers an excellent viewing experience. You will enjoy watching videos and playing games on this screen.
It also comes with a Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which protects the screen from damages caused by marks and crack in case the phone fall on a concrete floor. It is dust-free and offers a brilliant display.
The screen has 16 million colors, which allows you to customize the theme according to your desires. The contrast and brightness are excellent, allowing the screen to adjust according to the ambient.
Processor, storage, and performance
Samsung Galaxy M31 has the Exynos 9611 Octa-core processor. The processor has four performance ARM Cortex-A73 cores clocked at 2.3GHz, and four efficiency Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.7GHz. The phone has the Mali-G72 GPU for graphics as well.
This is an average chipset. However, it does an excellent job enhancing and supporting multitasking on the phone.
It comes with a RAM of 6GB and a choice between a ROM of 64GB and 128GB. There is no lagging while playing games on this particular phone. It can also run large applications and multitask.
The storage capacity is enough to keep most of your files. It also has a micro-SD card slot, which can expand the storage space to 512GB.
Samsung Galaxy M31 battery
Galaxy M31 is equipped with a massive 6000mAh battery. The battery life is superb, and on a full charge, an average user should be able to get through two days. Additionally, the battery accepts 15W fast charging. This means that the phone will take less time to charge to full capacity compared to other phones. However, this charging speed is slow, considering its massive battery.
Speaker and call quality
The device has a single bottom-firing loudspeaker. It is excellent when you are listening to music in a small and quiet room. Like its predecessor, the M30s, it does not distort at the highest volume.
The call quality is excellent, as you can listen to your caller very clearly. The in-call volume can be adjusted according to your favorable amount.
The software features are otherworldly. Samsung Galaxy M31 all details concerning the software is as follows.
Operating system and features
It runs on Android 10.0 with One UI 2.0, which gives users vast options of navigation. The operating system used Google's interface. It utilizes the swipe from the bottom and side, and it is close to iOS.
It supports fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass as well as Face ID scanner. Most Google Store applications can run on this operating system.
The operating system can be upgraded to Android 11.0
Samsung Galaxy M31 camera, image, video quality
The device has both the primary and secondary cameras that are of good quality. At the back, a rectangular camera bump has four lenses. They include a high-resolution 64 megapixels f/1.8 Samsung GW1 primary sensor, an 8 megapixels ultra-wide-angle lens, a 5 megapixels depth camera, and a 5 megapixels macro lens. The primary camera takes decent photos with scene optimizer enabled.
Samsung has also upgraded the selfie camera from 16 megapixels to 32 megapixels on this particular device. It means that selfies will come out sharper when this device is used.
The video quality is also explicit. Overall, the 1080p video option is the best. It also supports slow motion and super slow-motion modes.
How much is Samsung Galaxy M31 in the Philippines?
Samsung Galaxy M31 price is Php10,700 and Php11,400 for the 6GB + 64 GB base model and 6GB + 128GB base model respectively. The phone is currently available in most online stores.
Samsung Galaxy M31 review
Barely two months into the market, the phone continues to attract reviews and comments from all corners. Below are some sampled comments from YouTube.
- Zedrick Magzy: I think this phone is a mega-monster like it suggests. It has a huge 6000mAh battery but still feels light. The camera is a perfect 64 megapixels quad camera.
- Almar Saavedra: I really want an AMOLED display with a good battery, but the processor of M31 gives me second thoughts.
- Ashish Shukla: These days, the standard is set so high that 15W does not feel like a fast charger. And it's a deal-breaker for me.
- Mohd Razee Salleh: I am a user of this phone, and battery life is excellent. Better than my former A50 and A51. I think the price, screen size, and specs just confirm so many positive points.
- Caleb Mapesa: This is a good phone considering its affordable price. Big up! This gadget is going to sell.
Samsung Galaxy M31 is good. The huge battery capacity and quality cameras are some of the selling points. It runs on Android 10.0 with One UI 2.0, which can be upgraded to Android 11.0.
The gadget also comes with a 6GB RAM and a storage capacity of 64GB and 128GB. Considering these and other hardware and software features mentioned here, it is certainly a better choice within that price range.
Samsung Galaxy M31 is, without a doubt, one of the best smartphones within its price range on the market. It is well-equipped with admirable hardware and software features that will give you the value of your money. If you are looking for a good smartphone at an affordable price, look no more.