Marianne Williamson is a renowned American author and activist. She has authored 13 books, which include four New York Times No. 1 smash hits in the How-To, Guidance, and Miscellaneous category. She has also authored Project Angel Food, which is a volunteer sustenance delivery program that meets the needs of home-bound people that have HIV/AIDS and other viral diseases.
Marianne is a benefactor of the famous Peace Alliance, which is a charitable association that supports harmony creating projects. In 2014, she individually ran to speak to the 33rd congressional area in California in the USA.
- Full names: Marianne Deborah Williamson
- Year of birth: July 8, 1952
- Marianne Williamson age: 67
- Gender: Female
- Career: Author, American lecturer, activist
- Marianne Williamson Twitter: @marwilliamson
She was born on July 8, 1952, in Houston in the heart of Texas to her father Samuel Williamson and mother, Sophie Ann. Her father is a movement legal adviser while her mother is a homemaker. She has two older siblings. Her family is Jewish, and she was raised in conservative Judaism.
She attended Houston Bellaire High School and later joined Pomona College in California, where she majored in Theater & Philosophy but dropped out.
Marianne Williamson husband
She was married for a short while, and she has one daughter, whose name is India Emmanuelle, who was born in 1990.
In 1973, she moved to New York City where she pursued a career as a cabaret singer. Unfortunately, things did not work out as planned, and so, she moved back to Houston, Texas, in 1979. She started running a bookstore and coffee shop. In 1983, she moved to Los Angeles, California, where she commenced her career as a lecturer.
She started with the self-study curriculum A course in Miracles as she also offered counseling services. She was inspired by the teachings of A Course in Miracles to publish her first book titled A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles in 1992. Interestingly, her first publication spent 39 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list.
Through her first book, she has earned herself several guest spots on TV programs such as The Oprah Winfrey Show.
She began her political career in 2014, where she campaigned for California’s 33rd congressional district seat. Despite spending about $2 million, she finished fourth in place out of 16 contestants.
She has also received endorsements from Laura Dern, Van Jones, Dennis Kucinich, and Jennifer Granholm. During the 2015 presidential race, Marianne Williamson endorsed Bernie Sanders.
Marianne Williamson 2020
In January 2019, she announced her candidacy to run for the Presidency seat in 2020 as a Democrat. She officially made a public announcement that she would be campaigning in 2020 in pursuant of the Democratic nomination for the 2020 presidential race.
In May 2019, she qualified for the donor benchmark after having 65,000 donations. She also attained the 1 percent support in three qualifying polls.
She is geared towards supporting universal healthcare, citizenship matters, marriage equality, and universal preschool for kids. She also upholds that there should be a strict procedure for firearm ownership, and matters of abortion is a close topic to her heart.
In January 2020, she stepped out of the presidential race, a week after laying off her campaign staff.
Marianne Williamson books
The iconic woman has 13 books published under her name, which have been sold globally. Some of her books have been named on the New York Times bestseller list. Some of her publications include:
- The Healing of America in 1977
- A Woman’s Worth in 1993
- Illuminata: A Return to Prayer in 1993
- A politics of Love in 2019
Marianne Williamson quotes
Here are some of her popular quotes:
- It takes courage to endure the sharp pains of self-discovery rather than choose to take the dull pain of unconsciousness that would last the rest of our lives.
- You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think.
- We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?
- In the absence of Love, we began slowly but surely to fall apart.
- Available people are the ones who are dangerous because they confront us with the possibility of real intimacy.
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Who are you not to be?
- Do what you love. Do what makes your heart sing. And NEVER do it for the money, Go to work to spread joy.
- May my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home.
- When infants aren’t held, they can become sick, even die. It’s universally accepted that children need love, but at what age are people supposed to stop needing it? We never do. We need love in order to live happily, as much as we need oxygen in order to live at all.
- Love in your mind produces Love in your life. This is the meaning of heaven. Fear in your mind produces fear in your life. This is the meaning of hell.
Marianne Williamson net worth
She is estimated to have a net worth of about $2 million, which is mostly from her bestselling books. She also runs online courses and speaking fees. The lovely activist also owns stocks in various companies such as Google, Whole Foods, Apple, and UPS.
Marianne Williamson is an excellent example of a strong woman who believes that she can make the world a better place for everyone. Her significant involvement in peace-building and poverty alleviation proves that she is a great leader.