Sunshine Cruz is a Filipino singer and actress. She is part of the Cruz family which has hitherto dominated the entertainment scene in the Philippines.
She is famously known for her outstanding character in Ligalig of 2006, Wildflower of 2017, and Dugong Buhay of 2013. Her active participation in the entertainment industry of the Philippines has not only earned her fame but also a considerable amount of income.
When she was 15 years, she featured in a 1992 episode of Valiente, and films such as Guwapings: The First Adventure and Aguinaldo, Be Careful With My Heart and Bubble Gang.
Sunshine Cruz profile summary
- Birth name: Sunshine Braden Cruz
- Date of birth: July 18th, 1977
- Sunshine Cruz age: 42 years
- Place of birth: Manila, Philippines
- Nationality: Filipino
- Sunshine Cruz height in feet: 5 feet 4 inches
- Weight: 115 pounds or 52 kg
- Occupation: Actress, model
- Year active: 1992–present
- Religion: Christianity
- S*xuality: Straight
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Sunshine Cruz children: Samantha Angeline, Angelina Isabele and Angel Francheska
Sunshine Cruz biography
The singer was born on July 18th, 1977, in Manila Philippines to the family of actors and actresses. She is the daughter of Danny Cruz. Sunshine Cruz sisters are Maricel and Maritess Allary. There is also a brother among Sunshine Cruz siblings, and his name is Michael.
READ ALSO: Trae Young bio: Age, parents, nickname, stats
At 38 years, she enrolled and pursued a BA in Psychology at Arellano University. This was in line with her childhood dreams and aspirations.
Sunshine Cruz family
In September 2000, the Filipino star married actor/director Cesar Montano. Before the annulment of their marriage in 2013, their family was blessed with three daughters. The names of Sunshine Cruz daughters are Samantha Angeline, Angelina Isabele and Angel Francheska.
None of these daughters uses the former Sunshine Cruz husband name Montano as their onscreen name. Instead, they have adopted Cruz. To clarify the matter, their mother stated that the decision for her children to use “Cruz” instead of “Montano” was from Arnold Vegafria, their talent manager. She also revealed that the said manager consulted Cesar Montano first about the move, and the award-winning actor did not oppose it.
Career and achievements
The celebrated actress commenced her acting career in 1992. She made her film debut in the 1992 episode of Valiente. So far, the actress has featured in numerous movies and television shows.
READ ALSO: Sarah Carlos profile: bio, age, hometown, family, wedding
Below are some of Sunshine Cruz movies;
- First Time... Like a Virgin! in 1992
- Guwapings: The First Adventure in 1992 Dolores
- Shake Rattle & Roll IV in 1992 Gretch (segment "Ang Guro")
- Humanda ka Mayor!: Bahala na ang Diyos in 1993
- Dino... Abangan Ang Susunod Na... in 1993
- Ano Ba 'Yan 2 in 1993 Carolina
- Aguinaldo in 1993
- Galvez: Hanggang sa Dulo ng Mundo Hahanapin Kita in 1993
- Pandoy: Alalay ng Panday in 1993 Vibora
- Teenage Mama in 1993
- Junior Police in 1994
- Baby Paterno: Dugong Pulis in 1994
- The Marita Gonzaga R@pe-Slay: In God We Trust! in 1995 Marita Gonzaga
- Oha! Ako Pa?! in 1995
- Kahit Harangan ng Bala in 1995 Jojo
- Costales in 1995 Minda Costales
- Wilson Sorronda: Leader Kuratong Baleleng's Solid Group in 1995
- Virgin People 2 in 1996
- Sa Bingit ng Kamatayan in 1996 Susan
- Medrano in 1996 Lyka
- Ang Titser Kong Pogi in 1996 Cynthia
- Adan Lazaro in 1996 Rowena Reyes
- Paano Kung Wala Ka Na? in 1997
- Lihim ni Madonna in 1997 Madonna
- Enteng en Mokong: Kaming Mga Mababaw ang Kaligayahan in 1997
- Babangon Ang Huling Patak ng Dugo in 1997 Alieta
- Ang Pinakamahabang Baba sa Balat ng Lupa in 1997
- Magagandang Hayop in 1998 Rowena
- Ama Namin in 1998
- Init ng Laman in 1998
- Ang Kabit ni Mrs. Montero in 1999 Annie Sugay
- Ibibigay Ko ang Lahat in 1999 Lucy
- Bullet in 1999 Mabel
- Ekis: Walang Tatakas in 1999 Dolor
- Pag Oras Mo, Oras Mo Na in 2000
- Alas-Dose in 2001 May Vergara Atty. Montero
- Sunshine in 2002 (Sunshine Cruz Jay Manalo are casts in this movie)
- Inang Yaya in 2006 May
- Ligalig in 2006 Trixie
- Biktima in 2012 Jane
- Just The Way You Are in 2015
- Mang Kepweng Returns in 2017
- Mystified (iflix original movie) in 2019 Hellga
- The Heiress in 2019 Carmen
She has also featured in the television programs below.
- Valiente of 1992 as Leona Braganza
- That's Entertainment 1992-1997 as Herself
- Bubble Gang of between 1995-1999 as Herself
- L of 1999 as Claire Celerio
- Kapalaran of 2002 as herself
- Marina of 2004 as Reyna Istah
- Asian Treasures of 2007 as Esmeralda
- Mars Ravelo's Lastikman of 2007 as Susan Navarro / Mothra
- Palos of 2008 as Grazella Caranzo y Reviera
- Be Careful With My Heart of 2012 as Alexandra "Alex" Lim
- Carlo J. Caparas' Dugong Buhay of 2013 as Isabel De Lara
- Jim Fernandez's Galema, Anak Ni Zuma of 2013 as Isabel Carriedo-Castillo / Malena
- Toda Max of 2013 as Mrs. Catacutan
- Pure Love of 2014 as Lorraine Santos
- Oh My G! of 2015 as Maria Lucilla "Lucy" Zaldivar-Santiago
- Dolce Amore of 2016 as Alice Urtola
- Dear Uge: Burol in this Together of 2016 as Rafa
- Wildflower of 2017 as Camia Delos Santos-Cruz / Jasmine
- Celebrity Bluff of 2018 as Herself/ Player
- Tonight with Arnold Clavio of 2018 as Herself/ Guest
- Kapag Nahati ang Puso of 2018 as Rosario "Rio" Matias / Rio Fonacier-del Valle
- Dear Uge: Pasiklaban sa Lamayan of 2018 as Kim
- Hiwaga ng Kambat of 2019 as Melissa-Enriquez-Baron
- Love Thy Woman of 2020 as Rebecca "Kai" Estrella
Who is Sunshine Cruz boyfriend?
Her boyfriend is called Macky Mathay. Macky has always been vocal about his love for Sunshine. He is also vocal of his gratitude that the actress came to his life. Visibly, the businessman also shares a beautiful relationship with the children of the actress.
Sunshine Cruz scandal and controversies
The actress has been involved in a s*x film before. According to an article published on Philippines News website, Sunshine Cruz Dukot Queen is an unfinished s*x film starring the actress. It was alleged that her ex-husband bought and blocked it to save her from humiliation because of the explicit scenes it contains.
Cesar made such move because it contained very explicit films such as a “bl*w j*b session”. However, to clarify on the matter, the actress said,
To set this straight, Dukot Queen is an unfinished movie directed by Tikoy Aguiluz. It was never bought by my ex-husband, it was a supposed s*xy movie that I did not finish because my parents couldn’t anymore accept the fact that I am doing s*xy-bold films back then.
Sunshine Cruz Instagram and other social media sites
Here are the links to her social media platforms:
- Instagram page: @sunshinecruz718
- Twitter account: @sunshinecruz718
- Facebook page: @Sunshine Cruz
Some of the fantastic photos you will come across include those of Sunshine Cruz house, children, film cover pages and many more.
Quick fact checks about the actress
- She became the first Filipina to pose for the cover of FHM magazine in 2000.
- She won a PMPC Star Award for Television in 2014.
- She fought a bitter divorce battle against her first husband of 13 years actor Cesar Montano and even accused him of r@pe and child abuse. She ultimately got custody of her three daughters.
- Sunshine Cruz daughter Angelina is a budding singer and has already released an album.
- To actualise her childhood dream of studying at the university,the actress enrolled for a BA in Psychology at the Arellano University in March 2016 at age 38 years.
Sunshine Cruz is one of the most celebrated actresses and singers in the Philippines. She has made a name out of acting in various movies and television series. Cruz is indeed a role model for many young and upcoming singers and actresses in the world.
READ ALSO: Criselda Volks profile: Age, husband, movies, scandal