Are you interested in the process of how to renew NBI clearance? Well, the steps are convenient and straightforward. Any citizen or foreigner within the Philippines and abroad who wishes to undertake the exercise can do so with ease. Remember the exercise refers to when one already has the document and wants a new one because of expiry.
With the demand on NBI clearance on the high in almost all public sectors, there is need that you possess an updated document. Even though the process is quite simple, many people still find it a little bit difficult to renew this document. There are various options for doing it though and depending on where you are and other factors, you could opt for any.
How to renew NBI clearance Philippines
There are two options of how to renew NBI clearance in 2020. Depending on your preference, you can opt for any. Check them out below.
a) The quick renewal service
It is a way of how to renew NBI clearance online. Unlike the regular process, this process is more convenient though expensive. The following steps on how to renew NBI clearance online in the Philippines applies.
- Visit their NBI clearance website.
- In the "NBI clearance e-Services" section, go to the "NBI clearance Quick Renewal".
- Enter your NBI identification number then click on "Verify" button.
- Fill the online "Quick Renewal Delivery" form.
- Click on the "Next" button.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Pick the payment option you prefer (Bayad Center/MultiPay/ECPay).
- Read the directions in the reminder box that appears and click "Next".
- Write the reference number which appears then click on the "Proceed" button.
- Visit the closest branch of the option of payment you chose.
- Use the reference number to pay the required fee
- Wait for the delivery of your new document.
Upon payment of the required fee, you will receive the document after five or less days.
b) The regular renewal process
How to renew NBI clearance walk in process is equally ease. It is the most common and preferred way of replacing the document. Even though the process requires physical appearance at the offices, it is cheaper compared to the online one above.
Ensure that you have a registered account, have made an appointment and paid the fee. The following steps on how to renew NBI clearance in Philippines should then be followed.
- Visit the NBI center on your appointment day with two valid IDs.
- Go to the "Biometric and Image Capture" section and provide the reference number.
- Your photo, digital signature, and fingerprints will get captured.
- Validate the information on the computer screen.
- Continue to the "Printing" section and then wait for the document.
How to renew NBI clearance from abroad
For Filipinos and foreigners outside the country, the step on how to renew NBI clearance if you are abroad is an area of interest. There are mainly two reasons why a person may want to know how to renew NBI clearance abroad. For an impending residence visa application, or foreigners who have lived in the Philippines and wish to return to their home countries.
The process of how to renew NBI clearance in Canada or any other country abroad involves the following two options.
a) With a representative
You could use a friend or a relative you trust in the Philippines to apply on your behalf. If you have a signed authorization letter, all you need to do is send it to them together with the requirements after an online appointment.
Send documents to the authorized person in the Philippines. They include;
- The old NBI clearance.
- A letter of authorization.
- A 2×2 passport-sized photo.
- A copy of your passport.
Then follow the procedure below of how to renew NBI Clearance through online.
- Make an online appointment. It is compulsory and can get done by either yourself or your authorized person.
- Submit the online application.
On the designated day, the authorized individual must physically present the required documents to the "Mail Clearance" section. Other than your documents and authorization letter, the representative must also carry his ID. If you have made the payment to renew NBI clearance online, there is no need to pay the fee again.
After document verification, the officer-in-charge will give your authorized person a claim date. He will then return to the office to collect the document on that date.
b) Without an authorized representative
The procedure in this particular case is quite similar to the one above. However, unlike the previous one where you need an authorization letter, this one does not require it because you will be sending the documents directly to the center.
- Ensure that you have all the essential documents listed above. The papers together with a P220 money order or bank draft are sent via mail to NBI center building.
- Make an online appointment through their website.
- Wait for the document to be delivered to you.
How much is the NBI clearance renewal?
If you opt for NBI online application, it will require that you have P355. The breakdown is as follows.
- P130 as clearance fee
- P200 as delivery fee
- P25 e-payment service
The first step in all these processes is the NBI online registration. Once you are through with the registration, the other steps are quite simple. Unlike the previous exercise that involved long queues the current one has most steps automated and is thus fast and convenient. It consumes less time.
How long will it take to renew NBI clearance?
If you are using the Quick renewal process, it will only take three to five day. However, for individuals abroad, it is likely to take longer. Approximately twenty to thirty days. It is so because, the applicant has to email documents to the Philippines and the authorized person will process on their behalf.
There are different options a person can undertake as far as how to renew NBI clearance is concerned. The steps may slightly vary depending on whether one is within the Philippines or abroad. A person could as well opt to use an online process or walk into their office. All the steps here will ensure that at the end, the person gets the document.