Mag-lolo patay matapos mabangga at masagasaan ng trailer truck sa Cagayan de Oro
- A 55-year-old motorcycle rider and his 11-year-old grandson died after a collision with a trailer truck at an intersection
- Police said another motorcycle reportedly slowed down, causing the victims’ motorcycle to crash and veer into the opposite lane
- The victims were declared dead at the scene, according to the traffic investigator handling the case
- The truck driver is now under police custody and may face appropriate charges following the incident
PAY ATTENTION: stay informed and follow us on Google News!
A tragic road accident claimed the lives of a 55-year-old motorcycle rider and his 11-year-old grandson after their vehicle was struck and run over by a trailer truck in Cagayan de Oro City on Tuesday.

Source: Original
Initial information from authorities indicated that the victims had come from Opol when the crash occurred at an intersection in Barangay Bulua.
Investigators said another motorcycle in front of them allegedly slowed down, which led to a collision involving the victims’ motorcycle.
Because of the impact, the motorcycle carrying the grandfather and grandson was pushed into the opposite lane, where a trailer truck struck and ran over them.

Read also
Hit-and-run sa Mandaue City nahuli sa camera babaeng siklista sugatan matapos masalpok ng pickup
Like and share our Facebook posts to support the KAMI team! Share your thoughts in the comments. We love reading them!
“Kaagad umanong nasawi ang mag-lolo,” said Master Sergeant Charles Lee Ebueza, an investigator from the Traffic Enforcement Unit of the Cagayan de Oro City Police, describing the immediate death of the two victims at the scene.
Responding officers secured the area and took the truck driver into police custody for further investigation. Authorities are now preparing the possible charges that may be filed in connection with the fatal incident.
The accident has drawn attention to ongoing concerns about road safety at busy intersections, particularly involving motorcycles and large transport vehicles. Police continue to remind motorists to remain cautious, observe speed limits, and stay alert to sudden stops or slowdowns that could trigger serious collisions.
Further investigation is underway to determine the full sequence of events and any liabilities tied to the crash, as officials coordinate with the families of the victims and other parties involved.
In a separate case, a disturbing viral video showed a Filipina being attacked by a foreign national inside a shopping mall in Singapore, triggering widespread concern online. The Department of Migrant Workers said its labor attaché has already reached the victim and is extending support. “Medical assistance is the most basic there, and of course, filing of the complaint, our lawyer would stand ready to help her,” said Hans Cacdac. Authorities are treating the incident as a case of physical assault and are working closely with Singaporean officials to secure proper medical attention, legal assistance, and due process for the victim as the probe continues. Her family has also appealed for justice following the alarming incident.
Meanwhile, tension gripped a household in Barangay Mayamot after CCTV footage captured a man searching through their bedroom while the family slept on February 8, 2026. Homeowner Mary Rose Bustamante reported that several belongings were taken, including mobile phones, wallets, and more than ₱20,000 in cash. Some of the missing bags were later discovered in a nearby alley, but the money had already disappeared. Police said the suspect is a local resident previously linked to burglary and carnapping activities, prompting intensified operations to locate him and prevent similar crimes in the community.
Bagong feature: Tingnan ang mga balitang para sa'yo ➡️ hanapin ang "Recommended for you" block at mag-enjoy!
Source: KAMI.com.gh
