3-year-old boy almost dies from eating popcorn

3-year-old boy almost dies from eating popcorn

- A mother shared on her social media account how eating popcorn almost killed her son

- The mother revealed that her son developed a cough after getting a popcorn stuck on his throat

- Her son underwent surgery eventually and the post received reactions from netizens

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See First" under the "Following" tab to see KAMI news on your News

Watching movies whilst eating popcorns is a norm that most people and families follow nowadays, whether it be watching movies at the comfort of your home or at the mall, popcorns has always been a ‘movie snack’ for most people.

KAMI learned that Nicole Johnson Goddard, a mother of 3, took to social media how her son Nash Goddard developed an odd cough which resulted to a surgery after eating popcorn.

In her post which was shared by The Asian Parent, “I wanted to share our experience because as I’ve shared the story so many people were shocked and unaware of the bad effect popcorn can have on a toddler.

"Last Saturday night we were all watching a movie and eating popcorn which is a very frequent event on the weekend in our home.

"I didn’t think twice to give Nash popcorn. Nash had small choking episode but was fine. We didn’t see anything come out so we assumed he swallowed it. He seemed completely fine and continued to watch the movie. The only thing we observed was a cough he developed after the episode.”

PAY ATTENTION: Using free basics app to access internet for free? Now you can read KAMI news there too. Use the search option to find us. Read KAMI news while saving your data!

Nicole noticed a weird sounding cough coming from her son and he eventually got fever afterwards.

She shared that she eventually called the pediatrician to check up on her son, “We went in and got sent to children’s main campus immediately. After a chest X-ray the dr didn’t like what he saw so he got scheduled that evening for a Bronchoscopy.”

Nicole then revealed that her son developed pneumonia on his left lung after eating popcorn, “He had aspirated popcorn into his lungs when he choked. The body recognized it as a foreign object and put puss pockets around it. All the inflammation caused him to develop pneumonia in his left lung.”

Her post garnered reactions from netizens who also got concerned about the safety of their children.

“Thank you for sharing. My kids are 22 and 19 and I didn’t know about age 5. Prayers for a speedy recovery.”
“Its unbelievable how something so common (we all give our kids stuff without a second thought) could cause such complications.”
“I just bought my 2 year old a box of popcorn. It's going in the trash!”
“This made me cry bless y'all's hearts thank you for enlightening those who would've never known this.”
“My son did the same thing, but with peanuts. He had the same procedure done. It's extremely scary.”

POPULAR: Read more viral stories here

Enjoyed reading our story? Download KAMI's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Filipino news!

This video features Kapamilya love team Liza Soberano and Enrique Gil as they play a 'firsts' game together! Check out more of our videos - on KAMI HumanMeter Youtube channel!

Source: Kami.com.ph

Related news
Dawn Zulueta at Dr. Vicki Belo, nag-twinning kasama ang kanilang mga pretty mini-mes

Dawn Zulueta at Dr. Vicki Belo, nag-twinning kasama ang kanilang mga pretty mini-mes

Dawn Zulueta at Dr. Vicki Belo, nag-twinning kasama ang kanilang mga mini-mes
KAMI.com.ph
Mailfire view pixel